Old 02-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/168/135

Height: 5'5

Question Former weight watcher

I previously was on WW with the old plan and was successful. I got 22 points a day. I rejoined weight watchers mid january and started with the points plus program. I have had some successful weeks and some not so successful weeks despite staying on plan.

I get 28 points plus but have been tracking both systems.... On those days that I eat all my points plus I go over the 22 points I was allowed on the old points program. I am hesitant to eat all my 28 points because I know i was successful at 22 old points.

Does anyone have this issue? I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
futureskinnygirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #2  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

The two systems are not the same. We were told not to compare plans. Point plus works. If you feel that the old system works for you, switch back.

I lost more quickly on Momentum, but I think I can sustain points plus. I think with Momentum I wouldn't have been able to keep going after a certain point.

Also, when calculating, were you including fruits and veggies with the old system? Because they did cost points. Between that and the daily requirements, I think it would be difficult to stay at 22 points on the old system.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #3  

Points plus have a zero point value for most fruits and vegetables, so they do say that the points re recalculated for other things, too, but I know people who say they like this better. They do like that they get more points, but if you notice, some things are worth more points, so I think they might balance out.
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

The short of it: PointsPlus is an entirely different formula than Momentum. Yes, you receive more Points on PointsPlus, but foods are often more Points on the plan, too. There are many changes since Momentum, and if you're following PointsPlus, it's best to put the older plans completely out of mind.

The long of it: WW FAQ
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #5  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Points are totally different now. Pick one program and stick to it and you should be successful. No, you don't count fruits and veggies, they are zero points now.
I think if you stick to Points Plus for a few weeks you'll find you start losing weight steadily again!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #6  
WW Moderator

When I started back on the new plan, I just KNEW I was going to gain weight the first week. The different point system was bizarre to me compared to the old one. But I didn't gain, I lost. I think you'll like the new plan!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #7  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

As others have pointed out, you can't compare the two systems. They are totally different in terms of how points are counted, how many points we get, and how many points food is.

Points Plus works for some people, some people choose to stay on the old program, although it is not currently officially supported by Weight Watchers. I would suggest at least giving PP a chance, and that means eating all 28 of your points, before deciding whether you want to switch back.

Plus, all of us have "not so successful weeks" every once in awhile despite staying on plan. It's just part of the journey
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote