Old 02-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #6

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS It is currently 66ºs here in the ♥-Land and “feels like 70ºs with a low tonight of 35ºs. The sky is mostly sunny with a few clouds and it is lovely with the curtains pulled in the front room. Such a beautiful it is this day.

Both Will and Paul have bad colds and so I made a huge pot of noodle soup for lunch this day with cubed chicken, broth, sliced celery, carrots & onions and Amish made noodles. Will is at the tail end of it and Paul has a much worse case of it and I sure hope I skate by and don’t catch it. I do take vitamin C and have been eating Cuties every day for a couple of weeks now for my fruit selection. Let’s see if that helps me to dodge the colds in this house. So far I haven’t gotten one and Will’s started last Sunday so he is at the end of his. He has used up all my Cold-EEZE so went and bought me another bag and a bag for himself. I like to keep them in my desk drawer for “just in case.” I was glad I had them to give to him when he got to feeling poorly. After all, Cold-EEZE is the #1 pharmacist recommended zinc cold remedy. Cuts the cold duration & misery in half for us.

For dinner this day we will have tri tip sandwiches and “fried” baked potato slices. I will thin slice the baked potatoes and spray them with butter flavored and sprinkle them with lemon pepper and a tad bit of sea salt along with a smattering of bacon bits. Heat them up and brown them in my small oven at 400º. Paul can join us and if he wants; I can heat him up some soup also or instead of a sandwich. Whatever he feels like eating.

Cecil gets declawed on the front paws and neutered on the 14th of next month. They will keep him at the vets for a couple days. When we go to Texas at the end of that month we will leave the dogs and Cecil there to be taken care of. Will told them they can put Cecil in with the dogs if they want. If they don’t put him in with Ragg Mopp and Beanie he will be so lonesome for his dogs.

DONNA FAYE It is good that you are now all cleaned up and things put back to exact for you. Sorry your shoes didn't work out for you and you have to return them. I get SAS because they work so well with flat feet and have great support. WOW ~ getting that chunk of change back is great for you will have a good use for it by buying clothing for your upcoming adventure.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-22-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it's a chilly 43 degrees outside! The snow is melting so that's the good part. Rain is predicted for tonight and snow tomorrow. This morning I typed payment vouchers; I was so proud of myself for being able to find my way around the computer, print, and have them look like they should! There were several phone calls and questions I knew the answers for!

"Gma" -- Why would living in TN have anything to do with the amount charged for your cruise? That's a nice surprise to get a credit back! I hope Fortune's tummy settles down again. Our parsonage kitchen is being updated and remodeled; the pastor said it has been a challenge for his wife to cook but with the microwave in the livingroom, an electric fry pan, and toaster they will survive! I just remember the never ending sheet rock dust! You will love the end result! I'm sorry the shoes didn't work for you. Bummer!

Maggie -- Your weather sounds like spring has sprung in KS! I hope the cold germs pass you by and the guys are on the mend now. I would really like to have Ernie declawed, but don't want him biting any more than he already does. I've read and heard of adult cats starting to bite when declawed. All of our other cats were kittens like Cecil. I know he will need extra tlc when he comes home!

I have bell choir this afternoon and need to dry a load of laundry before I go. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening!

Last edited by Jean; 02-22-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #3  

Good morning gals. Well, my dr appt is this morning, so guess I will find out what is what. I told Jack I would call him as soon as I got out of the dr office. One of the bad things is that his office is attached in a building that is part of the hospital. If you don't have an early appt, parking is a nightmare and then it is a horrendous walk to his office on the 6th floor. Ahh well, not much I can do about it. My appt is 11:15 so it will be nuts there.

I have to run a couple errands before my appt, sending back my shoes and stopping by the vets and getting more kidney meds for Fortune. I thought he was feeling better, but I let him out in the middle of the night and he didn't eat his treat and I put out his food, which he usually scarfs up and he came in smelled it and walked away. So, I hope we aren't having another intestinal issue. I do have meds I can give him if I notice loose stools, vomiting and the like. I just worry about him because he is 12 years old now.

Maggie: I found out that Footsmart is based here in Memphis, duh!!! I think they actually have a store across town I could have gone to, but since I bought online, I have to send them back online so have to pay to have them literally shipped down the street. The returns warehouse is about 1 1/2 mile right down the main road here. Hope Will and Paul are feeling better. Seems like cold germs have mutated so much they are much stronger than they used to be and colds hang on and on.

Jean: I keep focusing on the condo being lovely for our retirement years because it is pretty awful right now. I am just not going to go into debt to get this stuff fixed and replaced. It isn't worth having the extra bills later on. Did you get to keep any of your pineapples that you bought? I bet the ones straight from over there are terrific.

I guess I better get out of here and get me some breakfast and get cleaned up for the dr appt. I need to leave around 9:30 or so then I can get the errands done and be there early enought to trudge clear up where his office is. Have a grand Thurs. It is going to be so warm here today I am going to wear capris and sandals. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's raining with a few snow flakes thrown in, and getting colder; it's a gloomy day for sure. The morning went by quickly with phone calls relating to meetings and Lenten services tonight, then people coming in to pick up tickets for the prime rib dinner this weekend. Since school was dismissed at noon all chuch activities are also cancelled for the rest of the day, and the office is closed. I have laundry waiting for the dryer and my never ending ironing pile to work on. The dust bunnies had babies overnight so need to vacuum too.

"Gma" -- I will be anxious to find out what your doctor has to say. I hope Fortune is feeling better by now. Poor dog! We did keep a pineapple but it's long gone now. There is definitely a difference between what we had shipped over and what is in our stores. Since Hawaii is in a drought the pineapple crop wasn't as good this year according to the local guy Bob ordered it from.

I need to get busy and accomplish something this afternoon. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Titalating Thursday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a windy day here in the ♥-Land. In fact there is a wind advisory in effect until 6 pm this day with the current temp at 46º and the low will be 24º this night. I can hear the wind blowing loudly while sitting here in my office typing. The street sweeper is out and is sure making a racket ~ what it stirs up goes away in the wind. Makes me sneeze.

Will is at his volunteer job at the museum and has a 6 month check up with his doc this afternoon. Now that he is almost over that bad cold he will see her. He never felt that bad to go to the doc with this though. He sees his doc every 6 months and I see mine once a year. He probably could just see her once a year but they are trying to regulate his BP meds right now so it is every 6 months during this time. Paul is still downstairs so I guess he isn’t going to work until the afternoon if he goes in. He is welcome to some more of that delicious noodle soup I made yesterday. His case of this ~ whatever it is ~ is a lot worse than Will’s has been and he went to the doc and is on antibiotics. I still feel fine so I am hoping I escape getting it. My immune system is in as good a shape as I can get it and so far so good.

Last night I couldn’t find Cecil anywhere when it was time for me to go to bed. I knew he was in the house somewhere for he was in when Will closed the back door. He is usually sound asleep on my side of the bed and I have to move him to the foot so I can get in bed but he wasn’t there. I took a tool around all the rooms and couldn’t locate him but he showed up from somewhere inside this morning. Cats can get into the smallest places to take a snooze.

I am getting a thought of what I am going to make for dinner . I am thinking of making breakfast for dinner. Little 2 point biscuits, scrambled eggs (beaters), hash browns and ham along with some fruit. Yes, I think I will do that for Will likes breakfast for dinner anytime I want to make it. I will do that for I have the points+ to handle it. So far this day I have had some cuties and jerky and spent only 2 points+ of my daily allotment. Life is good

DONNA FAYE I do hope your interview this day is to your satisfaction and you can proceed to getting your medical problem solved. That will be a load off of your mind I would think. Your poor little pooch. I feel so sorry for him. I know you give him the best care you can. I hope your plans for your condo come to fruition without a hitch. I am with you, fix what you can now because come retirement money is so much tighter.

JEAN Seems like a lot of crops took a hit this year. Our garden sure didn't do well here in the Heartland. It was just to hot for the plants to survive so this year we are erecting shade to help protect them. We are going to have to net the apple tree if we want any to preserve. We have bright hanging things on the lower branches to keep the birds out of the strawberry garden beneath the tree. Hopefully the dogs can keep the out of the yard. If we plant we want to harvest. Otherwise it is just money and time and work down the tubes. I want to see bounty from my garden.

I need to get some things finished I started before taking a break and here. Later my friends.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-23-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #6  

Good morning my friends. It is quite chilly this morning after being 81 yesterday afternoon. I had the moon roof open, the windows down and the music on in the car yesterday after my dr appt. I needed it. The verdict is in and not good. Well, not good in the sense he has to do open surgery not laproscopic so it is a 3-4 days hospital stay and about 6-8 weeks recovery time he says. He says the thing is quite large and he is going to try to use the new mesh way of fixing the hernia so it is less likely to come back. I was hoping for a little less of a serious situation, but it is what it is and has to be taken care of. So, my surgery is scheduled for March 12. He stays pretty booked and I didn't want the appt the day before my gyn appt as I want to go in and talk with her about why we could not do the NovaSure procedure. I am hoping fixing the hernia might fix the abdomen cramps and such now and maybe I will be back to my ole self after it is all healed and such with having the other procedure done too. I sure hope so. One of the nice things is he came in, hadn't even glanced at my chart and started talking to me about what he did last time and such like I had just been in instead of 5 years ago. I told him I really liked him, but I was hoping to never see him again! He just chuckled. He is a great doctor and explains everything down to the littlest detail, which I appreciate.

I ordered myself a black and white little crocheted sweater for the cruise. It is open weave and a little short sleeve cropped sweater to wear with sleeveless long dresses I am buying for eating in the dining room at night. I am going to buy this black and white sort of swirled print with hearts on it, this wild bright green, black and orange/yellow tropical print and a solid color that has a rhinestone neckline to wear with my mohair wrap. With those three, my green sweater and white dress pants, my long dress and jacket, I only have 2 more outfits for nighttime dinner wear. One evening we are going to Portofinos, which is an Italian restaurant and go to their murder mystery dinner that they have on the ship. It costs less that the tickets to the one in Chattanooga and it is a fine dining restaurant so looking forward to that.

The neighbors got themselves a pitbull, UGH! What is it about black people and pitbulls? These people have little children are they nuts??? Just one more nuttiness in this complex.

Maggie: Cats can hide places you would never expect that's for sure. I used to hunt all over the place freaking out about butterscotch, knowing he had to be in the house somewhere but since I couldn't find him still worried where the heck he was. Hope your visitor is feeling better soon. The corn crop here this year went down in flames. Of course the cotton did well as it is so very hearty.

Jean: Sometimes I feel I should do year round lenten, giving up stuff that is bad for me. We Baptists don't celebrate Lent so maybe that is why I never give anything up. I always cracked up at people who gave up things they hated for Lent. Being a highly Catholic area, South Bend had a lot of people who celebrated Lent, especially at the law firm where I worked. I thought it was kind of stupid saying you would give up something you hated as the whole idea is sacrifice and what sacrifice is there if you hate whatever and wouldn't eat it, etc anyway? Hope your snow didn't amount to anything. It was so gorgeous here yesterday I just wanted it to continue, but we sure took a nosedive in temps today by about 30 degrees. My hands are freezing this morning.

Well gals, I have eaten breakfast, but need to do daily chores so should hop to it. Looks like my son and maybe Jackson will be coming down here for my surgery so will be nice to see them. Have a great weekend. I have grocery shopping to do this weekend for a week then next weekend is commissary and getting the darn plumber in here again and fixing the dripping bathroom tub faucet. Have a good one! Faye
Old 02-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a nice spring day here in the Heartland for it is currently 50º and clear and sunny. I have been quite busy this day in the kitchen. I cleaned out the freezer today and the freezer that is attached to the side by side fridge and have everything organized again. We bought another upright freezer to hold the half beef and half hog we are planning on getting so I just transferred some of the items out of the existing upright to that new freezer to have some things in it and free up some space in the existing one so it can breathe better. We had enough room in the dining room to put it and so Will can use the donated one outside for storage of some of his tools for it has a nice lock on it. One of the main reasons we went and got a new one is that the one outside got unplugged and there is not a place for it closer to the plug-in so we didn’t want to chance it being full and being unplugged by “some animal” and lose the food. It was sad enough looking we didn’t want to put it in our dining room. It was interesting to get everything out and put back in for there wasn’t very much at all that was a “mystery” that had to be thrown out. In the fridge freezer I have small baskets on the shelves that hold like items. Like all the nuts and coconut in one, smoothie frozen fruit in one and then all the cut up veggies in another with the hard cheeses in the door pockets. I sure like having cut up veggies to put into egg beaters for a nice omelet or just a scramble; handy in the freezer all ready to use. That’s the kind of “stuff” I put in that narrow freezer space.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like you are in for an operation with a good doctor to take excellent care of you. Hopefully all goes well and that will take away your pain. You will be able to dance a jig when all is said and done. Your cruise clothing sounds wonderful. Isn't it fun to plan for and get things for that adventure.

Dinner is ready so I must say audios.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #8  

Good Evening, Flowers! Well, here I am at last! I decided to give "my favorites" one last try for the night. It's anybody's guess why I couldn't get in here earlier. The morning went fast today as I had things I could do at church. Actually the whole week has gone by quickly. One more week and I can enjoy retirement again.

Maggie -- We had wind yesterday and today. It's a good thing the snow was so heavy and wet because we would have had mile high drifts otherwise. I'm glad Cecil is out and about again. We often have breakfast for lunch or supper. Bob is always game for anything. I need to clean out my freezers; I get lazy so things do get shoved around and hidden from view.

"Gma" -- I'm sorry about the need for surgery, but glad you like your doctor and feel comfortable with him. That's important. It doesn't seem possible it's been 5 years since your last surgery. The Mexicans are big pit bull owners around here. Sioux City has outlawed them within the city limits after a certain date. It didn't get very warm today so our snow didn't melt much. I don't usually give up anything for Lent. My mom always gave up smoking (she didn't smoke) hoping my dad would quit.

I have a load of clothes in the dryer and they should be ready to pull out and hang to finish drying. See you all tomorrow!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #9  

Good Morning, Flowers! Two times in a row I have been able to get in here! YEA!! It was 5 degrees when I went downstairs this morning; the sun is shining and it's warmed up to 9! The sky is bright blue so it is a pretty morning. I saw my first robin yesterday -- dumb bird for coming back north so early. Bob thinks I'm seeing things but he was sitting on the bird bath shivering.

I have laundry going and need to do some more ironing. I will never catch up! When we were on a whale watch the guy sitting in front of us had on a good looking shirt. Bob commented he liked the design and I said, "yeah, and his wife ironed it!" As we were getting off the boat Bob leaned over to the lady and congratulated her on ironing his shirt; she looked surprised and Bob said I had noticed because I'm an ironer too.

My dryer should be done and I have the next loads ready to go. I need to pick up magazines and newspapers. Our prime rib dinner is tonight and our guests, the couple we travel with, are coming to the house. Enjoy your day and do something fun for yourself!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking SATURDAY & SUNNY but CHILLY

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is currently 54ºs with a wind advisory here in the ♥-Land. Not anything out of the ordinary happening here this day. Well one thing for Will has gone into the museum for a couple hours to work on a project he is doing. However, that isn’t much out of the ordinary for he works down there as a volunteer on a regular basis. I came in here after lunch and found Cecil sound asleep in my chair so I picked him up and gently carried him into the bedroom and placed him on the bed and closed the door. The dogs will leave him alone now so he can have a nice nap. Cecil will let me know when he wants out. I don’t have much on my ticket to have to be done this day. I am glad to get both the fridge freezer and the upright freezer all cleaned out once again and a few things transferred into the new upright freezer. Will bought me some more WW frozen and put them in there. Also I had several free coupons so he got some frozen items with them. I may tackle cleaning out the fridge after awhile when I get off here. Looks like things in there could use some re-arranging anyway and shelves wiped off. I don’t believe I have any “mysteries” in there for it gets gone through regularly. It will be good when the day arrives when we get the butchered and all wrapped and labeled in the new freezer. That day will come soon enough.

JEAN for getting into the sight to post. I just hate that when it happens and I am sure you do also. Please keep your really low temps we are already planning our garden in preparation of Spring coming. Poor little Robin just came around too early for the worms are still in the ground. I got a good chuckle out of the ironing story about how Bob told the lady who ironed it. Sounded (the way you worded it) that he was taking credit for ironing his shirt.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-25-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #11  

Afternoon ladies. We have been on the go all day so I haven't had a chance to get in here. We are all done now so I am in comfy clothing just hanging out.

We went grocery shopping for the next week then will commissary shop next week. We also went to Lowes and bought two new toilets seats for Jack to replace, a vice grip wrench for Jack to try and tighten the new faucet it up a bit more as it moves just a bit, 4 boxes of 100 watt regular bulbs since they still have them and a big container to put my shoes in for the time being. My closet hanger for shoes broken and they all came tumbling out of the closet onto the floor of the guest room so there they have sat. I just bought a big rubber maid container for now until we buy the closet organizers for upstairs and they have shoe cubes in them.

My son is going to come down here the weekend before the surgery and probably have to leave the day after so we need to get some of our little chores done in case he needs a place to sleep. He was gonna ask his sister if he could stay at her house if she has room as she has a 4 bedroom house and we weren't sure what they were doing with the two extra rooms, though one I imagine is an office as it is really small. If she doesn't have a place to put him then he can come here and either stay in the guest room on the little double bed or sleep in our bed and Jack will just sleep with me in the double recliner. I sure hope this solves not being able to sleep in the bed as I am tired of sleeping downstairs. I had to sleep in the chair and ottoman when we were in Chattanooga, but actually it wasn't too bad.

Jean: So, are you giving up the church job or the hospital money part of the job too? I wonder why you couldn't get in here yesterday?? We will be seeing more birds soon too/ We have a woodpecker than comes around every year and knocks on our fence all the time. He is a pretty thing as are the cardinals and bluejays we see here. I have to applaud you for ironing. I rarely iron anything. If it doesn't come out of the dryer with no wrinkles, then I quit buying that type of shirt or whatever. I don't have a husband that wears a lot of dress shirts and such and his uniform comes pressed and cleaned and whatnot so unless they don't pick up his laundry, I don't mess with uniforms.

Maggie: Sounds like Will is feeling much better. Jack just came down and said he has the first toilet seat on, says it hurts his back though to bend over the toilet that way. He has to lay over the toilet to unbolt the thing as our toilets sit really close to the wall. I am thrilled to have new toilet seats! lololol I am sure you will love your new fridge. We looked at new washers while we were at Lowes today and they sure have some beauts. We are buying a new big one next year.

Well gals, I am going to go and help my hubby. Have a nice Saturday. Faye
Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #12  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and the wind is blowing, so it's a cold 36 degrees outside. I went to early church and Bob had to sing for the 2nd service. I'm thinking about what to fix for lunch later -- nothing sounds good right now.

Maggie -- It will be nice when your freezer is full of meat. I always chuckle when you mention shopping in your freezer. I haven't seen the robin again but have been watching. We have another bird coming that is a stranger to us. He's bigger than a finch and has the reddish colored breast, but he's too roly-poly to be a young cardinal.

"Gma" -- I buy regular light bulbs whenever I find them. I don't like those swirly ones! It's like using a candle imo. It's nice that Jay can come when you have surgery. I'm not giving up either job. The church secretary will be back from vacation in another week. I'm only going in in the mornings to do the mail, type payment vouchers for the treasurer, and assign any money coming in to proper channels. The bluejays are such pretty birds but they are scrappers. They chase the squirrels then the squirrels will come back and chase the bluejays.

I need to change clothes and head to the kitchen. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON

Just got in from church and eating out and having a nice drive out in the country. We went to our favorite eating place and I had grilled shrimp on a bed of rice, green salad w/o dressing, and a baked sweet potato which I sprinkled cinnamon on.

It is a lovely sunshiny day but the wind is blowing. We stopped by to buy something at the “outdoor stuff” store and a man and his wife came and asked a lot of questions about our Jeep. They want one like it to use on their ranch to ride the range. They were interested in what year it is so they can look for one exactly like it with all that it has on it. We did add the side nerfs so I could have a step up though. We are also going to put a different grill guard on it to hold a wench.

I have decided to get Cecil a larger feeding bowl and not have it near his water for he always gets food in his water and never drinks out of that little dish. He gets his water where the dogs do. OH he is just using his butt hutt and I am leaving this area until the air cleans out. He is the slinkiest cat I have ever had. It is absolutely horrible. I have some Pure Citrus Orange air freshener which eliminates odors naturally which works marvelously. Believe me I keep a can handy right here on my little typing table. None of the animals like it and run from my office when I pick up the can.

JEAN It surely will be nice to have that freezer full of meat for the prices will be going up so high that it would be hard to fill it later than sooner. We will be looking to start filling it with meat when we get back from Texas in April. We wanted to go ahead and get the freezer while it was a good price for they will be going up also. It is nice to see the birds coming for we now know we will be getting Spring soon. One reason for going to Texas when we plan is to be there and back before we plant our garden this year. It will be nice when we can actually move down to that ranch and grow our own 's and 's and have a some 's also.

DONNA FAYE They should be getting more of those regular bulbs in your area for that curly bulb bill got rescinded. We never bought any of those curly kind in the first place and don't plan on doing so. How nice that your son will come down when you have your surgery. It is so nice to have family around at such times. You will love having a new washer when the time comes for you to purchase one. Jean and I have the same kind and they sure do the job nicely. I doubt if we will need new ones for several years to come.

I am going to sip my latte and think I have good sense. Have a lovely afternoon Magnolias ~ type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-26-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #14  

Good morning, ladies! 44 degrees and heading for middle 50s today.

I came in here the last 3 days, wrote a post and it never posted it, it just keep sitting on the screen until I gave up.

I had a wonderful time at the quilt show, as always, and was a very good girl as far as purchases went. I bought 1 pattern for a jacket, renewed 2 magazine subscriptions (always very low priced at the show), and bought a new pair of sandals. Walk on Air sandals are hand made in North Carolina and the most comfortable shoe you will ever put on your foot. I've had one pair for 3 years and worn them almost daily in the summer and they still look and feel like new. They are a bit pricey at $139 but I'd rather have one good comfortable pair of shoes than 10 that are cute but hurt my feet. And I like that it gives Americans a job. I worked for 2 hours in the Alzheimer's Quilt Iniative display. It was very touching and made a lot of people cry. There are quilted pannels that have 50 names listed on each for a total of 10,000 names that were collected over 3 years of people who have the condition and then there were 9x12 priority quilts (so named because they fit in a Priority mail envelope) that gave information about the disease interspersed with the names. My fried found here father's name listed and we were all overcome. Quilters from all over the country make and donate the priority quilts to the organization. The best are auctioned and the rest are priced and sold. So far over $600,000 has been raised for research. The entire organization is run by volunteers (all quilters) and no one receives a penny in salary or for expenses. Even the postage and printing are donated. Ami Simms, a well known quilting teacher, started this when her mother was diagnosed with the disease. She makes sure that all donations are only used for pure research. No money can be used for overhead the researchers may have.

I have a dentist appointment this morning and then I'll go to the Y this afternoon and for a long walk.

Spring has definitely arrived - daffodils are blooming and my tulips are getting ready. I'm so glad the worst of the winter is over.

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #15  

Good morning to you girls. Going to be a beautiful day today. I have to go out this afternoon and get a refund on the dog food I bought for Fortune. He refuses to eat it so I am taking it back and we are back to me making him food. That's fine though I have cut back on the amount I am giving him so he doesn't gain weight.

Yesterday was a hard day. I am back to square one with the female stuff so after I talk to her on the 8th we will decide about just doing surgery. The when will be the question though with the hernia surgery having to be done first. I dread having to go through the pain and stuff during my cruise, but it isn't likely I can do both surgeries and recover completely before the end of Sept. I was pretty bummed yesterday and on top of that felt really bad so it was a rotten day.

Jean: Doesn't sound like you are back to retirement much IMO! Of course, maybe you are a gal who needs things to do to keep from being bored. Don't you just hate it when nothing sounds good to fix for a meal. I have that sometimes and panic a bit because I don't want to eat something that I shouldn't.

Maggie: I have found 2 washers I really like and want to increase the size of the one I have to 4.6 or 4.7. I have a 3.6 right now. We are looking at Maytag since that is what my dryer is. My washer works fine, but it is 10 years old and making a lot more noise so I figure we will replace it before it goes out.

Susan: Sounds like you had a fabulous time. I plan on taking my knitting to the hospital so I can get that sweater done. I have been tussling with Jack about work as he doesn't want me alone all day after the first day and wants to take time off, but I told him it wasn't necessary. I mean he gets off work at 3 so if he comes after he changes clothes it will only be 4 PM at the latest and then he can spend the afternoon and evening with me without wasting his vacation time. I am ok with it but don't know if I can convince him.

Well gals, I have lots to do today so have to get going. Have a good start to the week. Faye