Old 02-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #1  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default supplements and sleeping problems

I just started the preconditioning phase of MRC, and I caved in and bought the "Big 3" set of supplements. They do seem to give me more engery, but I noticed that about 3 days in I started having really freaky and vivid dreams. The kind that wake you up and then you just can't get back to sleep. I thought it was just stress, but 3 days later I am still having them. I skipped the supplements this morning and will not have them today to see if this helps. I am so draggy from lack of sleep and tossing so much that I just wake up looking like a zombie.

My real question is, has anyone else had these kinds of problems? I tried to search through the forums and find anything, but so far no luck. This is kind of a big thing for me, becuase the less sleep I have the harder it is to fight off some of the sugar cravings. Yesterday I broke down and cheated (just a couple of hershies kisses, but still) becuase I just felt so tired and crummy.

Any suggestions? Or has anyone else had this trouble?
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I use the big and have since I started in August. I haven't haven't had any issues with. You should talk to one of the counselors and see what they have to say.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I've used the Big 3... last month switched the ADWL to Enhancer, just for a change. The Enhancer does seem to wake me up, but it isn't taken at dinner, so I haven't had trouble sleeping with that.... Talk to you counselors, though, there may be something they can suggest.

Also, I noticed that, when I Zumba or do the elliptical past 7 or so, I seem to have trouble settling down and sleeping...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #4  
bespectacled weirdo

Default Thank you!

Yeah, I will talk to them tonight, we normally hit the gym after work which means we don't get home and get fed until 7:30 or 8.

I skipped all of them yesterday just taking my usual 1 a day and whatnot and pretty much passed out a little after 10 pm, and I only woke up a little around 2 when my husband came to bed. I think I may just not be able to have them with dinner when I end up eating late.

But thank you, I will talk to them tonight when we got in for the nutrition class.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #5  

Don't hesitate to call them if you don't want to wait until you go in. I know when I first started I think I called them every day with questions. They are there to help even when you can't get to the center.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #6  
bespectacled weirdo

Well, I went in for the nutrition class and talked to them, the woman who signed me up just told me that I should take them earlier, like at 5. I tried that with continued disasterous results. So after skipping them altogether on Saturday and sleeping like a log I took the breakfast and lunch ones yesterday but skipped the dinner ones. I was still tossing and turning all night and had freaky repeating nightmares. Maybe there will be someone else I can talk to tonight. I want to finish up these bottles, even if I am just taking them in the mornings.

And dear god, I have never eaten so much in my life. Not just the protien, but everything. I have never been a big eater and it has been hard for me to choke down all the food they want me to eat.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #7  

I struggled with all the food too. I have always been an undereater. You would think that would be better than over eating but it's really not. The food amounts get better as you get used to them. Some days it would take me the full 45 mins to eat a meal or to at least get most of it down. Some nights I just couldn't. My councelor would say to eat as much as possible without making myself sick.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #8  
bespectacled weirdo

well, I found a happy medium last night. I made spagettii squash with homemade sauce and then topped it with 4 oz of chicken and 1/2 oz of cheese. Then my hubby made baked apples with cinnamon and truvia for desert. It just feels odd when you have to think "What is the heaviest food I have in the fridge, just so I don't have to eat as much.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #9  

Yea, I buy heavy veggies when I can.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/173/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadreal View Post
well, I found a happy medium last night. I made spagettii squash with homemade sauce and then topped it with 4 oz of chicken and 1/2 oz of cheese. Then my hubby made baked apples with cinnamon and truvia for desert. It just feels odd when you have to think "What is the heaviest food I have in the fridge, just so I don't have to eat as much.
That's hilarious. I thought I was the only one thinking this! What are
The big three? I am on fish oil and essential trace minerals, plus my own pre-natal vitamin. I have been having trouble sleeping, but I think hat has more to do with my 4 month old teething

One question though, I am horrible about taking the pills , never take all 6 fish oil that I am supposed to. I have these little white dry skin bumps on my forearms. Anyone else had this?
MrsKatydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #11  
bespectacled weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKatydid View Post
That's hilarious. I thought I was the only one thinking this! What are
The big three? I am on fish oil and essential trace minerals, plus my own pre-natal vitamin. I have been having trouble sleeping, but I think hat has more to do with my 4 month old teething

One question though, I am horrible about taking the pills , never take all 6 fish oil that I am supposed to. I have these little white dry skin bumps on my forearms. Anyone else had this?
Thankee sai! I don't take their fish oil, I take an omega 3 from Biotech-pharmacal. My husband works there, so hey, free supplements. But I would thinking taking that many might be kind of overkill.

As for the big 3, one is Cortislim, or cortitrim, or something like that, and MRC-6, which is B-12 or B6, I can't remember, and then lots of little mix-ins. And I cannot remember what the last one is, becuse I am at work and I don't have it on me. I am taking the trace minerals and I take my own one-a-day. but once I run out I will probably switch over to Vit-a-Min, which is another product from my husbands company with about the same nutritional stuff.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

The Big 3 are Cortislim, Phentatrim and MRC-6.
They are sold individually or as together as "the Big 3" for a slight discount.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/173/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
The Big 3 are Cortislim, Phentatrim and MRC-6.
They are sold individually or as together as "the Big 3" for a slight discount.
Thanks all! They haven't really pushed much besides the vitamins (which my autocorrect just tried to make Iranians lol). So I didn't really even know about them
I guess I will try them when the weight loss slows down a bit.
MrsKatydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #14  

Honestly, I didn't see a difference in weightloss when I took the big 3. For me it was when I drank/ate my maximum HNS each day. I only did a multi, flax oil (because all fish oil doesn't like me) and vit c and b during cold season. I lost almost 70 pounds in 2010 on the program.

I do like the fat/carb blocker for OP moments. It's not a magic pill but I feel like it works to help me from gaining that week.
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #15  
Amyrdh

Has anyone seen blood pressure elevations with any of the suppements?
Amycrdh73 is offline   Reply With Quote