Old 02-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Proud of myself + first bravo sticker

So, I've officially completed my first three weeks of WW meetings. The first two weeks were rough, because a few weeks before I started, I was already bingeing pretty hard, and for some reason I couldn't get a grip. I started the meetings at 175 lbs even. The following two weigh-ins, I managed to gain .4 lbs (and then maintain). Last week, on my weigh-in day, I was completely fed up with myself and I set a goal/intention that for ONE week:

- anytime I reached for something crunchy (chips, crackers, etc), I would grab a carrot stick or other crunchy veggies;
- anytime I reached for something sweet (chocolates, ice cream), I would reach for some fruit (I had apples, bananas, and cara cara oranges);
-no artificial sugary drinks (waaaah --> DIET COKE- my current addiction).

Twice, in the beginning, I mindlessly made myself a cup of coffee (coffee, 1% milk, 1 tsp sugar), took one drink and realized "Cr*p! There's sugar in here!". I tossed the remainder.

I'll tell you what... I freakin' did it! I also realized I was only going over my 26 PP by just one or two PP (versus five, or ten) because I was snacking on ZERO PP items (within GHG's). By Thursday night, I had like 35!! weekly points left over.... and here's where I get to my bravo achievement:

Friday morning, I took my daughter up to Portland for her college preview day, and when it was over, we went out to lunch. I didn't know where we were going, but I set the intention that I was going to be SMART about my meal. I gave her the freedom to choose where we'd go, and she picked Old Spaghetti Factory. Normally, I'd have been like, "Pasta. Great.".. but, I'd been on their website a few weeks prior, and knew they had a *few* lower point options.

We sat down and I decided that since I had about 20 daily points left, and 35 weekly points, that I was going to splurge a *little*, but still be good. I ordered the BLT salad (high PP splurge)- "Chopped hearts of romaine tossed with blue cheese dressing, croutons and crisp bacon, served with diced Roma tomatoes, avocados and garnished with blue cheese crumbles" (naughty, right? lol); and a small side order of "spaghetti squash topped with Marinara Sauce and melted mozzarella cheese" (lower PP splurge). Found out the salad entree came with soup, so I went naughty again & ordered the clam chowder with the intention to box it up and eat it at home for another meal.

The food came, and I immediately divided the salad in half, and boxed it up. The squash came in 3- 3"x3" sections (with rind on), so I kept a third and boxed up the other two. Two small tastes of the chowder w/ a small slice of sourdough bread (boxed up the rest), half the salad, and one squash section later, I was pleasantly full and really damn proud of myself! I let myself have some spumoni ice cream afterwards (which really bothered me as soon as the waiter was walking away with my order, but still put the dang stuff in my mouth - just because I can have free ice cream, doesn't mean I need free ice cream. Next time I'm Just Saying No). In total, my splurge cost me 28 PP (including the soup/bread tastes & ice cream). I had 27 total daily/weekly PP left over- LOVED THAT!.... and yeah, I had the rest of the salad & half of the soup later that night for dinner. I ate the rest of the soup today, and the squash is sitting in my fridge for tomorrow. I got the bravo sticker because today's meeting was about intentions, and restaurant experiences, and... it was like I was meant to go and share my experience. HAHA. Oh yeah, I dropped 3.8 lbs this week!

Intentions rock... having the substitutes handy AND visible definitely helped during the week... and giving myself permission to have fun with all my PP felt great.

As if this wasn't long enough.... sorry.

My SO and I are celebrating our 9th anniversary, and we're taking a 3-day trip up to the mountains. Lots of Resort eating up there... rich, warming foods. My intention is to eat clean, but nutritious food during the day (gotta have energy- we're going snowshoe hiking & playing in the snow), but I'm going to slightly splurge in the two evenings with wonderful, rich meals, and maybe a half-pint of beer. When we get back, Wednesday through Friday, I will eat clean at home to try and avoid gaining anything that I just lost- back (not worried about losing more, just want to maintain my 3.8 loss, considering the weeks events).

Do you set intentions for yourself? Do they work? Do you think this is a mind-over-matter process?

Last edited by girlsenberry; 02-26-2012 at 01:19 AM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 133/120/120

Height: 5'2

Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment.
KDeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #3  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! And I think your plan for your trip sounds great! It will leave you healthy and feelign good, but not deprived. Let's face it, dinner is the meal where splurging makes sense, so a salad or a healthy soup at lunch won't leave you feeling like "Its my anniversary weekend, I want to have fun"
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #4  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Can I also say, I'm shocked you have a college age daughter? Looking at your picture, I would have guessed you were in your 20's.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbybunny29 View Post
Can I also say, I'm shocked you have a college age daughter? Looking at your picture, I would have guessed you were in your 20's.
Thank you!! 35 over here... lol. My girls are 16 & 17. I have some bonus kids who are 9, 15, and 17.. and we have a 5 year old, together. I feel 80 most days.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote