Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #1  

Default Zumba

Does anyone know if Zumba works?
sheddinglbs81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #2  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I love it. What do you mean by works?
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #3  
Newmala

S/C/G: 193/170/150

Height: 5'4"

I recently bought Zumba because I've struggled with so many workout programs like Gillian Michaels biggest loser workout. I seriously don't have the attention span to do an hour workout and listen to her talk, and the music is terrible. I thought I'd try zumba. Initially i hated it because I felt like such a dork trying to learn the moves, and got frustrated when i couldnt get the steps down. But after just a few days it all started to come together and i just love it! I'm only in the first couple weeks and doing the 20 minute express video. 20 minutes is about the max my attention span lasts so its perfect. I just do it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I haven't noticed any weight loss yet but I definitely feel more energized and just generally good. We'll see on monday if I lost any weight.
Newmala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 364/335/165

I love Zumba! I have been doing it for a little over a year now. I am 300+ and I find it very enjoyable and it has increased my stamina so much. I am no longer winded and I can dance, dance, dance. Before you know it, the class is over. But, I am not sure what you mean by does it work. If you are wanting to know if you sweat, burn lots of calories and have a lot of fun... the answer is YES!!!
MissRae03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/194.3/140

Height: 5ft 6in

I know a few friends that dropped a lot of pounds because of zumba classes. So I believe that it works if that was the answer you were looking for.
whatsammysaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #6  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

A lot of women love Zumba. Anything that keeps you working is awesome. I have it for the Wii and its amazing. I don't watch the clock like I do with other workouts because I am so focused on getting the moves right (it is fast paced). If you try your hardest to keep up, then you will work your butt off. The reason it "works" is because people ENJOY doing it, so they are more inclined to actually do the workout, as opposed to skipping it because its so boring.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #7  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Zumba is fun, I recommend going to an instructor though, they are really good about helping you out when you feel stupid and keeping you motivated. I lovveee it! My Zumba instructor is fantastic and I love dancing anyways (Don't be fooled.. I am a terrible dancer).
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #8  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

P.s. looking for a "workout routine" that "works" is how you end up with a workout routine that doesn't work. It's really a state of mind. If you have fun doing whatever activity it is that you decide to do, you will have no problem achieving results. Don't do it because you have to, do it because you enjoy it. I hate walking.. on treadmills or around the neighborhood. I love hiking.. so I hike. Try Zumba, if you hate it, keep looking
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/160/110

Height: 5'2"

Avezy44 you are so right my only problem is I hate everything!!!!! Okay that isn't true. I love Zumba but for me it will be a fad after a few weeks I will be bored and looking for that next fix. If only it was so easy for one thing to work. Or do you think I just haven't found what I truly love?
foe3643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #10  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I just signed up for a Zumba class because they offer it close to home. Not sure what I am getting into here :-)
I am not exactly dancing material ;-) but I figured I try it. Anything that burns calories!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #11  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

I go to a zumba class. and I love it! It doesn't feel like you're doing a run or anything, but you're getting a good workout. For me, it was a great start to begin incorporating other classes into my workout routine. Many people claim you lose weight doing it, but I think it does take healthy eating combined to lose weight consistently
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote