Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 2/22/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Weigh in #1 today

Today marks 1 week back on protocol.. I'm proud to say I have stuck 100% to protocol, and even resisted some major temptations!!
I will weigh in when I wake up ( I work 3rd shift ) and make sure I post my results this evening!! I'm super hopeful and very encouraged. I can see a definite difference in the way my pants are fitting, which is the major boost of encouragement I need!!!
Hope everyone has a great day, NSV & staying OP!!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Good morning! Today makes day 3 for me! I am doing well and hope that everyone else is. This evening I will have another scan of my calf where the tumor was. Please say prayers that I will get a "no evidence of disease" (NED) results. I will also have to have another scan of my lungs on March 3rd.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #4  
Started IP 10/13/11

Morning everyone
WI this morning and for some reason... nervous. I have really amped up my exercising so I am hoping for a good number.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #5  

Good Morning All. Hope everyone will have a wonderful hump day.
For me, I will need to get my attitude in the right place . I am going with the will power I currently have but I am feeling so guilty about the money I'm spending on this.
I am at a crossroad and need to decide if going with alternatives isn't gonna throw me off completely. Decisions, decisions
Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #6  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealpromom View Post
Morning everyone
WI this morning and for some reason... nervous. I have really amped up my exercising so I am hoping for a good number.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
Wishing you tons of luck! Any number is a good number!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #7  
itsallhis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiipa View Post
For me, I will need to get my attitude in the right place . I am going with the will power I currently have but I am feeling so guilty about the money I'm spending on this.
I am at a crossroad and need to decide if going with alternatives isn't gonna throw me off completely. Decisions, decisions
I too stuggle with the cost descions....BUT I know that I am spending way less than I would if I were making regular lunches or eating out! YOU ARE WORTH IT! The rising cost of health care because of being overweight and easy foods make this affordable! You got this!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #8  
itsallhis

Happy Hump day!
Feeling really good this AM...... Can't wait to kick this day in the shins! I am gonna be OP are you? We can do this! My body is shrinking and I LOVE it!
I feel so empowered, my whole attitude is changing. I feel strong and capable.
Love and peace to you all!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #9  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Wi #1

Had my first weigh in last night. I am 6 LBs lighter!!
I read over the recipe threads for hours on Monday.
I bought different packets for this week so I can make pudding cakes, cereal pancakes, potato soup - can't wait!
I made the cauliflower and leek soup "mashed potatoes" yesterday. They were delicious!
I made the butterscotch pudding cakes last night for breakfast this a.m will try soon. Have a great OP day, sisters!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
I read over the recipe threads for hours on Monday.
I bought different packets for this week so I can make pudding cakes, cereal pancakes, potato soup - can't wait!
I made the cauliflower and leek soup "mashed potatoes" yesterday. They were delicious!
I made the butterscotch pudding cakes last night for breakfast this a.m will try soon. Have a great OP day, sisters!

Way to go!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #11  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

TLE - fingers crossed that your scan is clear. You are doing what is healthy and your body should follow along.

Just now thinking back over all the diets I've been on, I have NEVER lost 6 LBs in one week! Even on Atkins, South Beach, with their promises. I have a new best friend - IP!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkssweetie View Post
I have been very frustrated because this is so difficult and I do have to cook different food for my family and watch them eat it. Also my husband sits in his chair watching TV and eating candy in the evening. What is even more maddening is that over the last few months he has "cut back" on the amount of soda he drinks and has dropped almost 30 pounds! I want to be happy for him ( and in a way I am) but it seems so very unfair and i am really struggling with it. I need a new way to think of it or just get it out of my head because it has messed me up this week. My weigh in day is Thursday and it won't look great because I have to weigh in on my way home from work after working all night. I will do my best to drink lots at work but I always weigh lots more after work.(it has even been 5 pounds before!) I will weigh myself first thing tomorrow morning and see what I come up with.
I do have a question.... I made some "spaghetti" with miracle noodles, ground turkey and canned tomatoes with spices. I made sure to find tomatoes with no added sugar or high fructose corn syrup. I put it all together and it was really good. The problem is that I could not eat it all. That means I did not get all the meat eaten. Does anyone else have this problem? do you eat some meat with your evening snack? Am I overthinking this? I know we are supposed to get everything in.
I have done that before (when I made Big Mac in a Bowl and found it disgusting), it's a little late now, but what I did was pick out as much of the meat as I could, I didn't worry as much about the veggies and just ate an extra pickle, but since I didn't want to throw away the meat I picked it out.

I hear you on the issues with your husband. My husband is really skinny, and when I switched the family to a whole foods, clean eating diet (my last diet, pre IP) he lost 15lbs and didn't need to lose an ounce. At first I was resentful about how much he was losing and the fact he could eat 'normal food' and I was eating packets, meat, and veggies. STOP thinking this way!! It is totally setting yourself up for failure. When I hit the slightest bump in the road last fall I lost my resolve, and went completely off plan until 1/2/12. That's my biggest regret. I could be AT GOAL now had I not done that. This is just a temporary way of eating until you are at your best, then you will again be able to eat moderate portions of 'normal' food and in the right combinations.

I don't know if you listen to Dave Ramsey at all, but one day I was listening to him and something just clicked. It was about spending today's money yesterday (basically using a credit card / going into debt) and I realized that's exactly what I've done. I've already eaten all of my calories for today, this week, and the next couple of months. My body needs that time to burn them all off, and then I can start again with a much more moderate plan that works with my body. I will never go that far 'in debt' again.

I don't know if that makes any sense to you (it seems awkward now that I have it written out) but it helped me, so I thought I would share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingshouts View Post
Today marks 1 week back on protocol.. I'm proud to say I have stuck 100% to protocol, and even resisted some major temptations!!
I will weigh in when I wake up ( I work 3rd shift ) and make sure I post my results this evening!! I'm super hopeful and very encouraged. I can see a definite difference in the way my pants are fitting, which is the major boost of encouragement I need!!!
Hope everyone has a great day, NSV & staying OP!!
Congrats!! Welcome and WTG staying 100% OP!! Before you know it resisting those temptations will become habit!

Quote:
I've done both 100%, and am currently doing a mixture of IP and alternatives. If you're really considering this here is what I would recommend. First do all your research. Read through ALL the alternative threads (it's a lot of reading) and buy some products to try. Personally I found I didn't stay nearly as full with the EAS drinks as I did with IP, although many people use them with great success they didn't work for me. I also didn't like the bars I tried that you could get in the store (check Wal Mart for this, they sell them individually so you're not committed to a whole box) so I had to look at online options. For some people those two alternatives work wonderfully (Wuv's mom lost I think 50lbs in 3 months or so on EAS shakes and Pure Protein bars). You just have to find what's right for you and go with it.

If you're seriously considering going with alternatives though I recommend you have a plan in place before you stop with IP. That's why I wound up stopping cold turkey back in October. I suddenly decided I couldn't spend the money, it was ridiculous (I think I was PMSing!) and I could do it on my own. However; I had no alternatives in place and crashed and burned. Like I said above that's my biggest regret with this program because had I not done that I would be AT GOAL now. Grrrrrrrrrr.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
I too stuggle with the cost descions....BUT I know that I am spending way less than I would if I were making regular lunches or eating out! YOU ARE WORTH IT! The rising cost of health care because of being overweight and easy foods make this affordable! You got this!
The way I tell myself is its about $100 a week/ $400 a month. figure out how many months you " plan" on being on it. If there were a surgery/lipo or whatever that would make you lose weight that cost that much, would you pay for it? --I'm planning on 3 months and heck yea I'd do lipo to get the weight off if it cost $1200. BUT THEN think of the pride in yourself knowing YOU did it. you made the decisions, you didn't take the "easy" way out, YOU earned it
Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I don't know if you listen to Dave Ramsey at all, but one day I was listening to him and something just clicked. It was about spending today's money yesterday (basically using a credit card / going into debt) and I realized that's exactly what I've done. I've already eaten all of my calories for today, this week, and the next couple of months. My body needs that time to burn them all off, and then I can start again with a much more moderate plan that works with my body. I will never go that far 'in debt' again.
I LOVE THIS!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Whew!! Just looked at my last post and I am feeling wordy this morning! Lol, I guess it's because I slept in a bit and didn't talk with hubby before he left for work. I've got to get my words out somehow! Lol!

Had one of those strange dreams this morning. I was at some kind of buffet / banquet and had a plate loaded with fresh strawberries, a biscuit with a touch of gravy, and some cheese. Actually (aside from the gravy of which there was only about a tablespoon, and the biscuit that I don't think was whole wheat) it wasn't a horrid breakfast. That's the first dream I've had where I wasn't completely gouging myself on some horrid food. Maybe that means some of my inner dialogues have changed? I hope so because I can tell you this right now, I am never going back to the way I was!!

Hope everyone has a great day today!! I have my RTD Mango all ready to go, and I'm planning on a semi early lunch (bar + sliced peppers) while I'm folding laundry and watching The Biggest Loser. I'm a dork!

Also, I'm hoping to make it to Target today to get a replacement water bottle. Mine bit the dust yesterday when it fell out of my purse and cracked and I can't see being able to keep up with my water consumption without it Any suggestions on your favorite? I just tried a Bobble recently and didn't like it (took forever to get the water out!) this was a Contigo which I liked because it sealed but still opened completely to let the water out; however, I won't be making it across town to get another one today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
Congrats!! That's awesome!!
Closed Thread