Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/320/200

Height: 6 ft

Default I can't belive I had no loss for the week!!! So frustrated

I am so frustrated, I followed my medifast plan as I have been for a month. Lost 30 lbs so far and this week I was shocked to see that I had lost zero lbs! I am so pissed! I dont cheat on my diet and nothing! This **** happens again and i am out!
Mymedifastjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

That's just the way dieting goes. I am not on Medifast but it is very common when dieting to go a period of time and not lose, even though you are doing everything right. Then one day you get on the scale and see you have lost several pounds.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #3  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

30 lbs in a month is a big loss! I wouldn't let one week of no loss pull the plug on that progress. You might just be retaining water. Besides, I don't know of any eating plan that can guarantee a loss every week. Our bodies have to catch up sometimes and as long as you're averaging a good loss, keep on keeping on. 5-6 pounds a week is a lot to lose!

The first part of any diet can be bittersweet. You get great losses b/c of the extra water weight you lose and while that can pump you up, it can bring you down when there's no more water weight to lose and loss slows down. But, at this rate you should be all done with water weight and what you should be losing now is fat.

I know that medifast is stringent. It's like 960 calories a day and that's crazy low. What is your doc saying? Plans this low in calories should be overseen by a Doc to make sure it's not harming your body.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mymedifastjourney View Post
I am so frustrated, I followed my medifast plan as I have been for a month. Lost 30 lbs so far and this week I was shocked to see that I had lost zero lbs! I am so pissed! I dont cheat on my diet and nothing! This **** happens again and i am out!

This is WHY most weight loss attempts fail. People don't realize that going a week even several WEEKS without weight loss is NORMAL, so they get ticked when the scale doesn't cooperate, and they give up.

So are you really going to blow 30 lbs of weight loss over a week or even two (or even six) of no loss? Because when you give up, you don't just "give up the weight loss" you also accept weight gain, and there's a good chance that you'll gain more than the 30 lbs you've lost.

I'm not trying to be a @#$% about this, just trying to show you what I have FINALLY accepted (after a lifetime of dieting - and I mean 40 years - since kindergarten).

Most of my life, I gave up when the weight loss slowed to less than a pound a week, because I believed I deserved better. But my metabolism doesn't give a damn about what I think I deserve.

What's CRAZY is that I've lost more than 100 lbs, losing SLOWER (for the entire 105 lbs) than I was losing at any of my prior quitting points.

I don't lose weight every week. In fact, it's not been at all uncommon to be "doing everything right" and STILL not experience a loss for two, three, or even more weeks. And during the week of PMS/TOM I gain up to 10 lbs - not matter how close I've stuck to my food plan. I suspect that even if I ate nothing the week leading up to the gain week, I would still gain weight unless I stopped drinking fluids (in which case, I would die, because you can only go a few days without fluids).

You can give up if you want to, but if you want to succeed you can't give up, even when the scale doesn't do what you want it to. That means, even if you don't lose, even if you gain, you have to "stay in the game" in order to win it.

IF ONLY I had understood that 40, 30, or even 20 years ago.

Staying on plan when the weight is coming off quickly, is easy. Staying on plan when the weight isn't coming off quickly, that's the real test, and the only way to get the weight off and keep it off.

It is hard, because we're taught to give up (it's what we see everyone around us doing, if they try at all), but you can do it the way nearly everyone does it, or you can do it successfully.

What kept me motivated was my doctor who gave me a reality check. At the time, I was nearly 400 lbs, and was only losing 1lb a month (I used to be able to do that IN A DAY). I was whining to my doctor that I should be able to lose at least 2 lbs a week like a normal person, and my doctor set me straight - telling me that 1 lb a week was extraordinary even at my size, because most people don't do it. Most people don't lose 1 lb a month, they lost nothing or they gained - or they lost until the weight loss slowed down and then they quit and regained - so just my 1 lb a month put me at the head of the weight loss marathon, not at the back of the pack.

You've lost 30 lbs, that's a feat that most people do not accomplish. Do you want to be a person who lost 30 lbs and gained it back (and maybe more)? Or do you want to be someone who has lost 30 lbs and maintained it?

Last edited by kaplods; 02-22-2012 at 06:24 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #5  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

I go through that too... the good news is I often rebound with a great following week or two so hang tight! I think or bodies just need to catch their proverbial breath sometimes!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #6  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hang in there. I know it doesn't seem possible to not lose on this plan, but it does happen. I was completely frustrated with losing less than 3 pounds the entire month of January, and now I'm down over 6 pounds so far in February.

Are you taking measurements? The weeks the scale doesn't move are usually the weeks I'm losing inches.

Keep going - you CAN do this! Like Kaplods said, persevering through the tough times is what separates the quitters from the winners.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

You've lost 30 pounds in 4 weeks? FANTASTIC! Right now you're just going through something very normal which happens on all diets. I'm on Medifast and my loses are much less then yours, but then I have less to lose.

I can't believe you'd even consider giving up on this diet when you're doing so well. I think the only other diet which has you eating less calories then MF is Optifast. Make sure you are eating all of your lean and green meals. Weigh your lean. If you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode. It's important to have a doctor check you out also.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #8  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mymedifastjourney View Post
30lbs in a month is AWESOME! You should be SO proud! Your body is just adjusting, just keep on plan and i'm sure you will see the WHOOSH fairy soon soon!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #9  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

You give up now and you will end up regretting it, maybe even for the rest of your life. Don't do it.
speedofsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #10  
Optifast Girl

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on your weight loss. In January, I started an Optifast plan, which consists of 12 weeks of optifast and water only. I lost 25 lbs the first week, and since then Its been much slower. One week, I only lost 1.5 lbs. I wondered why I am depriving myself so much just for 1.5 lbs. I didn't give up. I decided just to keep going and now, this week (7th week), I have had a pretty good drop of weight.
I certainly didn't get fat overnight and I don't expect to lose it as fast as I once could. I do understand your disappointment, however. Sometimes not looking at the scale at result time can help too.
Bless you in your effort to get healthy.
cjcclondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #11  
Journey to Health

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

You need to measure yourself. Your body inches. Sometimes your body is adjusting. If you measure yourself in inches you will see that your body inches have probably changed. Don't under estimate what your body is doing. You should only weigh weekly. You body makes adjustments up and down every day, every hour. I once weighed and two hours later weighed again and had lost 2 lbs in that time.

Don't look at it as depriving yourself, look at it as a jouney. A journey to health. Remember WHY you are on this journey and try to learn from it.

I lost 64 lbs on Take Shape For Life (we use medifast) we focus on the journey to health. I have kept it off for over a year. My husband lost 101 pounds in 7 months and have kept it off for over 1 1/2 years.

Make it a journey of health!
thebeckster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #12  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

OP hasn't been back since she started this thread. I hope she didn't give up.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote