Old 02-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #1  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Cool Atkins Induction Snack Ideas???

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone had some ideas for snacks that were preferably zero carbs or less than 2 at the most. I have pepperoni slices, eggs and pork rinds, but I'm trying to find other options so I don't get tired of the same snacks. Also, I'm trying to stay away from cheese so mozzarella/cheese sticks aren't an option.
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I like taking lettuce and putting mayo on it and some meat inside then rolling it up.

My other suggestion was going to be pepperoni and cheese, but then I read the rest of your post, haha.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 350+/341/199

Height: 5'9"

A few olives. Buy the smaller ones so they take longer to eat. They're too salty to eat many of anyway.

Bake or microwave your pepperoni slices to make them crispy crunchy.

Wrap a slice of salami or other deli meat around a pickle spear.

Have a sugar free jello cup with or without whipped cream.

Use ranch or blue cheese dressing as a dip for your pork rinds.
Atkins loser STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Last night I made two big trays of appetizers that I believe are Atkins induction friendy.

The first was a tray of rumaki (I don't remember if whater chestnut is an induction-allowed veggie or not. You could use substitute jicama if that's better - or you could just leave it out altoghether). I looked for a recipe online and left out the brown sugar (I did add a tablespoon of Splenda to the marinade - which was just soy sauce, a bit of ginger, and the Splenda).

While I was looking for rumaki recipes I found several rumaki-like recipes some of which were induction-friendly (for example, if you don't like livers, you can use chunks of white or dark meat chicken, shrimp, or scallops).

The other tray was mini-stuffed peppers. I make them every time I buy a bag of the pretty yellow, orange, and red mini peppers. I cut the peppers in half lengthwise (so they make little boats) and scoop out the seeds and scrape away the rib with a teaspoon, and then fill them with some type of filling. Last night, I used a seasoned ground beef. I make the beef as if I were making a low-carb meatloaf or meatballs, including seasonings I like, an egg and a tablespoon of coconut flour (which is a low-carb flour, but not induction-friendly). It can be omitted, as this is the first time I ever used the coconut flour. It did help the meatball stay together better, but they're just as good without.

Then I broil them about 15-20 minutes on my low broiler setting (until the peppers are tender and the meat is done).

Other fillings I've used are seasoned cream cheese (I know you're avoiding, but thought I'd mention it) and crab salad.

I also like filling raw pepper boats with cold fillings like egg salad, tuna salad, crab salad, cream cheese....

I also bought some tiny cocktail smokie links (you've got to read the package - some include sugar and while they have carb counts that are low per serving, but they add up if you're going to eat more than one serving).

Deviled eggs.

Hot wings (I prefer "hot thighs"). I take bone-in or boneless chicken thighs. If it's bone in, I cut the thigh parallel to the thigh bone (so one piece has a bone running through it, and one piece is boneless) or I cut boneless thighs into two or three pieces. I marinate in a sugar-free hot-sauce with a bit of onion or garlic powder mixed in, and then broil or grill. I've used other low-carb marinades too. One of the best low-carb marinades for baked, broiled, or grilled chicken is salad dressing (creamy dressings work ok, but vinaigrettes are better).

We shop a discount grocery that sells salad dressings really cheap. I'll buy them and if they don't taste good as a salad dressing, I'll use them as a pork or chicken marinade. What's awesome is that even the worst salad dressing almost always works well as a marinade - so read the ingredient list and the nutrition label and if it's induction friendly give it a go.

I know a lot of these require cooking and preparation time, but they can do double duty (as snacks or as meals).

I also made pork and sauerkraut in the crockpot (which I believe is entirely induction-friendly). I always rinse canned sour kraut, and make sure it's not Bavarian style which adds sugar and carraway. If I want Bavarian style I add my own low-carb sweetener and carraway. It's not really a snack, but you can snack on any leftovers.

Another leftover I like as a snack is little steak salad lettuce cups. If I have leftover steak, I cut it thin, across the grain and toss with a little vinaigrette, and put it in a tupperware container. I also clean and cut romain leaves and pat dry with paper towel and keep in a tupperware container. When I want a snack, I just put a spoon or two of the beef on each lettuce leaves (so they're shaped like mini tacos).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #5  
Love/Hate Carbs

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'3

Talking Peanut butter balls

I just made some low carb peanut butter balls with (no carb) vanilla whey protein and Truvia for sweetness. There are a bunch of different recipes if you google it. Pretty yummy!
tiredabeingchubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #6  
Marshmallow Chica

S/C/G: 348/328/150

Height: 5'4

The weekends are the WORST for me and I keep, Pork Rinds, Avacoados, Dill Pickles, Cheese ( I know you said you don't eat it ), Sugar Free Jello, Pepperoni, Deli Meat, Beef Jerkey, Sugar Free Popsicles, Low-Carb Chocolate Milk, Sugar Free Gum ( a life saver sometimes ), and of course Atkins Bars. Hope my list helps someone... These are STAPLES in my home, because i'm a student, and I have to eat in between classes..
cupcakegirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

One of my recent fav snacks is a couple of slices of roast beef or roast chicken and I wrap them around a cheesestick and a couple of asparagus spears. Yummy.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 05-11-2012 at 11:19 AM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #8  
Ms. Fat Smasher

I've been wanting to try it for a while, and finally decided to make chicken nuggets with a pork rind crust over the weekend. THEY WERE DELICIOUS!!! I used the Tyson's Grilled & Ready nuggets because they are already cooked, and I only need to fry them about 5 minutes for the nice golden brown color. I dipped them in ranch dressing and had a side salad! YUMMY!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #9  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Hi guys. I found this website over the weekend. Some very interesting recipes! http://yourlighterside.com/your-lighter-side-cookbook/
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #10  
Ms. Fat Smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
Hi guys. I found this website over the weekend. Some very interesting recipes! http://yourlighterside.com/your-lighter-side-cookbook/
This is a VERY good website, I checked it out yesterday. She has a recipe for Cheetos!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #11  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatklr View Post
This is a VERY good website, I checked it out yesterday. She has a recipe for Cheetos!!!
Yeah, I was trying to pretend I didn't read that.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredabeingchubby View Post
I just made some low carb peanut butter balls with (no carb) vanilla whey protein and Truvia for sweetness. There are a bunch of different recipes if you google it. Pretty yummy!
where did you find no carb whey protein I cant find any the lowest I found was 3
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #13  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Splenda sweetened homemade whipped cream with sugar free jello
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #14  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Unsweetened flaked coconut with a splash of sugar free coffee syrup and moistened with a T of ricotta.. Like the inside of a Bounty bar. Mmm.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #15  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Natalia, THAT.SOUNDS.AMAZING!!!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote