View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #17
DiabeticDiva

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

I did research on this diet and this is what I found. Also I am a diet clerk and worked with a dietitian on a daily basis in a nursing home. I saw the results of what a liquid diet did to people. The risk of just juicing means if your body isn't getting enough calcium, your chance of getting osteoporosis and rickets increases. people experience nausea, constipation and diarrhea on these liquid diets. There's also a risk of gallstone formation.people who are only mildly obese may lose too much lean body mass on a liquid diet. That can increase their risk of developing cardiac problems, and these diets have been associated with cardiac arrhythmias.reports that liquid diets may also lead to muscle cramps, anemia, dizziness and menstrual abnormalities. Since some of the diets allow only 500 to 800 calories a day, dieters may experience fatigue and run the risk of malnutrition.Prolonged liquid diets have the potential to lead to symptoms of malnutrition your body goes into starvation mode and you really throw your metabolism out of whack and as soon as you eat something the weight will come right back on. I don't think this diet is worth the risk of all these complications. It's not sustainable and the results will only reverse themselves as soon as the diet is stopped. There is no quick fix to losing weight. I am on a few medications that make me gain weight and between battling those AND being premenopausal losing weight has been a real issue with me I've bounced back and forth with the same 2 pounds for the past 4 mths. I joined WW on Jan 29 and have lost 11 lbs already! I feel great let me tell you I'm a diabetic and when I feel good that is a very good thing. You can't beat sensible portion control and good healthy foods.
DiabeticDiva is offline   Reply With Quote