Old 02-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Default Frustrated!

Well I’m not even sure where to start on this one but this is my rant to start…
I started IP 17 days ago and have lost 5lbs but I still have YET to meet my coach! For my first consultation I met with the “back up woman” she does IP but doesn’t know IP, she couldn’t answer any of my questions and told me just try it out for the week and talk with the normal lady next week. Well my first WI I lost 4.4lbs and I was really happy BUT it was the backup lady again! So I held onto my questions for another week. I went to my WI on Thursday and SURPRISE the regular lady forgot about my appointment, so the receptionists took me in (REALLY??) so I didn’t get my inches done, only my weight and lost 0.6 which I was SO UNHAPPY with. I have really stuck to this diet and have done everything I should be, well ok I might eat an extra cup of veggies a day from time to time when I’m really getting the munchies. I bought the ketosis sticks to make sure my body is responding and it sure is. My co-worker is on IP as well and she cheats all the time and still loses the weight, I just don’t get it! My co-worker did say that my period could be causing the lack of weight loss. Well don’t get me started on that (if only my coach told me), this might be too much information but I’m 12 days late (blood test done and yes I’m NOT pregnant) doctor said that periods get really out of wack for some women in ketosis.
I guess what I’m trying to get at is that I really want this to work but at $90 a week and only 0.6 lost, it is hard not to get frustrated….
On another note, I'm SO HAPPY to have found this site! You are all wonderful xoxox
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
I started IP 17 days ago and have lost 5lbs but I still have YET to meet my coach! For my first consultation I met with the “back up woman” she does IP but doesn’t know IP, she couldn’t answer any of my questions and told me just try it out for the week and talk with the normal lady next week. Well my first WI I lost 4.4lbs and I was really happy BUT it was the backup lady again! So I held onto my questions for another week. I went to my WI on Thursday and SURPRISE the regular lady forgot about my appointment, so the receptionists took me in (REALLY??) so I didn’t get my inches done, only my weight and lost 0.6 which I was SO UNHAPPY with. I have really stuck to this diet and have done everything I should be, well ok I might eat an extra cup of veggies a day from time to time when I’m really getting the munchies. I bought the ketosis sticks to make sure my body is responding and it sure is. My co-worker is on IP as well and she cheats all the time and still loses the weight, I just don’t get it! My co-worker did say that my period could be causing the lack of weight loss. Well don’t get me started on that (if only my coach told me), this might be too much information but I’m 12 days late (blood test done and yes I’m NOT pregnant) doctor said that periods get really out of wack for some women in ketosis.
I guess what I’m trying to get at is that I really want this to work but at $90 a week and only 0.6 lost, it is hard not to get frustrated….
On another note, I'm SO HAPPY to have found this site! You are all wonderful xoxox
Good Morning,

I read your post and feel your pain. My IP "coach" was a joke too. I got much more useful information from being on this site than she was ever able to give me. My first week I lost 7lbs and I was ecstatic ! Second week only 0.2 lbs. I was, needless to say, pretty disappointed. My coach insisted that I must be doing something wrong, when I know that I was 100% OP. After a couple more meetings, I realized that this "coach" had no medical training and actually had never followed IP, nor even had a weight problem. She did excel at taking my money though.

I am doing alternatives now. My weight loss varies between 2-3 lbs a week and I get all the advice and support I need from this website.

I think that the US coaches are more trained in the medical field. It is unfortunate that this is not the case in Canada.

Do not be discouraged by your slow loss this week. Follow the protocol and the weight will come off !

Good luck !
Tammywhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #3  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey Billster

Don't give up!!!!, this diet really does work, and I can appreciate the lack of motivation given not having a coach and the irregular weight loss,

Are you getting in your oil/sea salt?

Tell us about what you have been eating day to day, and one of us might spot a issue!!!

Keep strong!

Cheers/S...
AussieonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Thanks for the support ladies!
I do get my salt and oil in. I have never been a salt eater, never added it to food, nothing! So this was a change for me. I add it in with my veggies or the salad dressings I make.
A typical day looks like this for me-
Breakfast- IP Shake or omelet with ¼ cup veggies BUT this week I got the IP crepes and I add a lil WF apple butter to it and the WF syrup.
Lunch- (this is the hardest for me, since I HATE the soups!) I have either a shake again or the soup with ½ cup veggies and salad with another cup of veggies.
Dinner- 8oz meat (mostly chicken and fish), salad and however many cups of veggies I have left for the day.
Snack is a pudding and sometimes a few pickles.
I’m not a fan of the food to be honest. Its starting to grow on me but I have a hard time with the soups. I am getting much more creative with my veggies, so its nice to change things up that way. I have also found a store 45 minutes from me which carries the whole WF line, so I spent a good $50 there and got some stuff. The sesame salad dressing makes a GREAT stir fry. Some days I’m just NOT hungry so I only have 2 IP packs and my dinner (no snack) I just think if I’m not hungry why would I eat? The only thing I can think of is maybe some of my supplements I take could be affecting the weight loss. I told my “coach” what I was taking and she said not to stop. I’m not sure if I should spend any more money and buy all of their vitamins. The ladies at the clinic I go to are ALWAYS trying to sell me more and more. Like come on, I’m a social worker I don’t make millions!! I take the following;
-IP calcium, potassium and multivitamin
- Cinnamon and garlic supplements, omega (fish oil), green tea supplement, vitamin D and a vitamin B complex. None of them have any calories in them.
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Most coaches (even in the US) are not knowledgeable about this diet. I've found this site to provide a wealth of information. Follow you P1 sheet and read up on the diet on this site. The only use I have for my clinic is to "officially" weigh me in and measure me, oh and to get my food! Stay 100% OP and you'll reach your goal. I post my questions on this site because my coach never knows the answers. They even have a binder in their front office and I questioned a couple of items in it and my coach said it was probably outdated which is why the information is different from what she tells me...SO why the heck isn't it updated! Seriously these are not the most professional ppl out there...And considering the economy I'm surprised IP can't find a stronger bunch of coaches... hang in there and read through the most up to date information on this site!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 130/126/120

Height: 5'4"

I hate the ip packets, what can i substitute for them
sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #7  

I stick with the chocolate drink and chocolate, chocolate bar. I didn't like most of the foods and was allergic to some of them, so I keep it safe and LOVE the chocolate items! You'll get into a groove soon. I disdained all the veggies and now I have a pattern of eating the same things until I get sick of them and switch it up to something else. I treat the food as a necessity to live and lose weight and not as a luxury (as I did when I was obese).
Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi Billster.
It's got to be so frustrating to have a coach that doesn't actually COACH. I'm 45 minutes from where you are and have an amazing coach who has an amazing backup coach. They'll take all of the time you want with them (my first consultation I was there for over 2 hours) and anything they don't know the answer to, they find the answer and either call or email me. I don't know if you want to have that drive every week but I could PM you the info if you like. Even if you don't, this site has such incredible leadership and info and the coaches here can help you out with anything you need. I believe you'll do beautifully on IP just learning from them.
ipsbest4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I haven't been on this diet long but,I know how you feel... I don't have a very good coach myself. She only works two days a week and it seems like it has to go according to her schedule and not mine. I'm sorry but, I have a work schedule myself. I tell her some of the useful info. and recipes that I have found on this website and it's like, REALLY? Wow! For doing the IP diet herself, I would think she would know a little more. I get ALOT of info. from this site and I am also fortunate to have other people in my church that have also done this diet. They have had huge success and I am able to go to them for help. Keep visiting the site! Everyone is VERY helpful!
Becky64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 154/148/135

Height: 5' 4"

0.6 is a good loss! Not all weeks will be equal. I've done this before for a year and a half. Then I was on maintenance for 3 solid years--succesfully. This last year I had a major change in my life and 20lbs creeped back up on me. I didn't care at first and now I do so I'm back to working on it and getting back on track.

My first week: 3.8lbs (typically water weight for initial sudden drops)
Week 2: 0.6lbs (smile, you know you want to)
Week 3: 2lbs

Typically my loss is more like 1lb a week and some weeks it will be more or less and then there comes a time when it stalls for a bit. This is all normal progress.
kcoftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

There are good coaches and bad ones, but ip is pretty straightforward.
If you don't like the packets it is going to be tough. But really, if you can't find a few that you can handle you might as well forget about ip.
You can only expect so much from an envelope of food! It is nutrition, not gourmet!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi.

Sorry about your coach, it is so important to have a knowledgeable support. The place that you go to, is that your only choice, if not, I suggest you look around and see if you can find another coach.

But everyone who suggested that this board and these threads are all the information and support you need are so correct. I learned so much from everyone here.

My experience has been that the weeks that I don't drink enough water, I don't lose as much as the weeks that I drink more water. For me water has been the key.

Also the weeks that I was very busy at work and a bit stressed I lost less weight.

I know that IP could get very expensive, but I keep reminding myself that if I get sick and am not able to take care of myself, my family, and not work, then it is going to be very expensive.

And you really have to give yourself months to gauge your success, not weeks. Keep at it, be patient and relax and in no time you are going to see the pounds melt away. Good luck.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Am I reading correctly that you sometimes only get 2 packets in +dinner?
I also didn't see any restricted in there either? The plan is very carefully balanced and if I am reading correctly you are cutting parts out which will slow your loss way down.

Last edited by patns; 02-19-2012 at 11:17 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #14  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I have a few suggestions for you......
1) Even though you aren't hungry STILL EAT that snack, it is part of the combination you need to get all of the nutrients to complete your day. It is VERY important that you eat the 3 packets of IP foods a day.
2) I don't like the soups either, I have never got them after my starter packet. My staples are Apple Cinnamon puffs, Vanilla shake/Vanilla pudding and the cappachino drink. The Vanilla is very versatile because you can add any flavor and have a variety of different flavors, never eating the same thing twice
3) I have been on the program now 42 weeks, I have seen my "real" coach maybe 3-4 times, she has a back up coach that really can't answer any of my questions if I have any. Most of the information I get has been through this site or through my own experience.
4) This site is amazing, come here with your questions, ask them in the Daily thread, that is the one that is read the most. There has been a lot of threads opened lately and the more experienced IP'er's don't read those like they do the Daily thread (just a suggestion)
5) Stick with the sheet, follow it. You will have those slow weeks, I have had a couple myself and over the last 42 weeks my average is 3.2lbs. Never get disappointed in your losses no matter how small, its a LOSS that you don't have to carry around anymore. When you have the slow weeks its your body changing and adjusting to your losses so far.
6) YOU ARE DOING AMAZING.....KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.....YOU DON'T NEED THAT COACH YOU GOT US!!!!!......WE WILL ALL BE HERE FOR YOU AND HELP YOU OUT!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
There are good coaches and bad ones, but ip is pretty straightforward.
If you don't like the packets it is going to be tough. But really, if you can't find a few that you can handle you might as well forget about ip.
You can only expect so much from an envelope of food! It is nutrition, not gourmet!
Exactly! It's just nutrition! That's how I look at their food...I'm looking at everything I eat as a necessity and not a luxury! But I must admit I do enjoy the chocolate shake and choc choc bars... Gotta find something so you can stick with it and keep going!