South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default i'm not very good at this

yesterday, my sister in law left a box of donuts here. they were calling my name last night, but i resisted and instead ate a slice of fat free turkey rolled up with a slice of reduced fat swiss cheese. i did not touch the donuts..i felt pleased with myself. but today, i ate a piece of fried chicken....i am feeling soooo guilty. now, i am getting back on the wagon and starting over again. other than the chicken, i have stayed on the diet the rest of the day.... how badly did i blow it? it was a small breast and , yes, i ate the skin....shame on me...i'm praying for strength.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:24 PM   #2  

You did it-it's done! At least it wasn't the donuts which I hope you threw out or fed to some poor unsuspecting soul who hasn't heard of SBD!! Tomorrow is another day!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:52 PM   #3  

Angry

Tinaclaire...

Throw the donuts outside ... the birds can eat them ... I don't think a small chicken breast (even with skin) is such a big deal. I know I have to keep junk in the house because boyfriend will not diet so I try to go for no sugar added fat free fudgesicles instead...

Don't think "I'm no good at this"; think "I'm human and I'll get better at this"!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 09:00 PM   #4  
it's always something

I think the chicken is ok, too. Of course you won't want to put it on your menu every day, but it's still not as bad as a box of donuts!

The next time something is left at your house that might tempt you, immediately grab the salt and pepper shakers and pour it on! Don't even give yourself a chance to think about it. That is also helpful in a restaurant. As soon as the plate is served, push part of the serving to the side and heavily season it so you won't be tempted to eat too much.

Btw, contratulations for staying on track for the rest of the day!! It's so common to hear someone say they ate something they shouldn't have, so they felt like they 'blew it' for the day and continue overeating for the rest of the day. You did good!

Nikkiloo, I keep the no sugar fudgesicles in my freezer, too If I have something acceptable to reach for, I'm never tempted by bad choices. Though personally, I'd tell the boyfriend to brownbag his own junk food
Old 07-31-2003, 09:48 PM   #5  

Suzanne,

I love the idea about the sat and pepper shaker! never thought of that one!

TinaClaire- You can do it! Iam so proud you didnt give in to the donuts! Dont beat yourself up about the chicken either! Tomorrow is a new day and you can do it!!

Tomorrow is the end of wk1 Yipppeeeeeee 8pds gone!!
Old 07-31-2003, 11:40 PM   #6  

Suzanne, that is a good idea with the salt and pepper! And I am one of those who does just continue overeating if I mess up once in a day. I can't remember though where I heard "You can start over at any time of the day" or something like that. Anyway, however it went it made sense.

TinaClaire, I don't think that chicken would make much difference, like Suzanne said you wouldn't want to eat it every day, but that is one of the least offensive cheats I can think of!! You did ok-just start fresh and don't think about it again! When I mess up-the more I think about it, the more guilty I feel about it, and the worse I do.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:58 AM   #7  
Imagine...

Tina~ we are not perfect, things are gonna happen...all in all I don't think it's that bad...

Suzanne~ Excellent idea with the salt & pepper. I am one of those better to eat it than waste it people so I think that will help me.
Closed Thread