Old 02-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default On a vegetable high

This probably sounds ridiculous, but I am totally on a vegetable high right now! I go through phases like this every so often where I go in the store and get totally excited about vegetables, buying a bunch of them, making up new recipes and trying new things! It is really exciting.

I've also been eating *only* low carb veggies for about two years now, and recently decided that I will start adding back in the higher carb ones (plus exercise) within a couple of weeks. It is crazy how excited I am getting about the thought of going to the Farmer's Market this spring/summer and eating sweet potatoes, peas, artichokes, baby red potatoes, and Brussels sprouts!

I have to say that "veggie obsession" (and fruit obsession) is what started me on my journey (when I discovered the Farmer's Market at 278 pounds), and I think this new excitement is what will get me through to my goal!

It's a great way to get your focus off junk, BTW
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Good advice there, LYN ... I eat more vegetables now than ever before in my life. I eat them raw, in salads, baked, roasted, stir-fried, sauteed, and in soups & stews & chili -- you name it. Plus I make sure to add some herbs & spices to make them tastier, when necessary. I could honestly say that I love veggies now ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

I am the same way - I get excited about beautiful produce the same way others get hyped about chocolate. I love trying new things and introducing them to my daughter (who LOVES steamed artichokes and roasted asparagus like they're pixie sticks). I am SO READY for really good summer tomatoes to hit the farmer's market!!!

The only thing more exciting is growing them myself. Be still, my heart.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I know just how you feel! Lately I've been in heaven because the beautiful Florida strawberries are in grocery stores for all of February. I've eaten an insane amount of strawberries this month, haha! I even bought extra while they were on sale (5/$5! Can you believe that?!) and froze them so I could enjoy them in shakes later.

I also love 'splurging' on colored peppers and fancy apples. Bright, vibrant fruits and veggies are so pretty on your plate and make you feel great too!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote