Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Default Replace 2 meals a day with a shake Group..Anyone wanna join?

Over the summer I was on an mlm scheme that I shall not mention but the Idea was the replace 2 meals a day with one of their shakes and then eat a 600 calorie dinner. I lost 13lbs in a month and I actually felt wonderful. Problem was by the 6th week I couldn't stomach the shake anymore. Just smelling it made me wanna hurl.
I want to do the same thing again but using shakes you can buy at the store or online, etc.
Is anyone currently doing this or want to do this and start a support thread? With the mlm group I had TONS of support.. but I don't like all the lies, negative stuff that go along with someone profiting off of me.

Anyone, Anyone? And if you are already doing this.. what shake are you using?? I am having a hard time finding one I like.
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I did that years ago with Slim Fast and it worked. The problem I have with them now is that they simply aren't healthy. Look at the sugar! My lord, it's like having a candy bar. I still lost weight doing it but that was because I was restricting calories but I just can't talk myself into using a product like that now. I'm more into using healthy products.

However, I am about to do a plan where you replace 1 meal a day with a shake but I'm using Beachbody's vegan "**********" which has no sugar and is full of good ingredients. It's on order and I'm just waiting for it to arrive. It gets pretty good reviews so I'm excited to try it.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #3  

Hi,
I follow this approach in the warm weather. Because they are used in medically supervised diets, I use the HMR replacement shakes. To me they taste good and the only downside is the cost. My friend went to the actual hospital based program and she did really well using their products.

There are probably others out there with the same nutritionals but I took the easy way and just got these online. They work but I only can do it in warm wether as in the cold a shake does not appeal to me.

I would like to know if anyone else has found a good tasing healthy shake for a reasonable price.

Good luck. I am personally not a fan of slimfast-taste metallic to me.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
I did that years ago with Slim Fast and it worked. The problem I have with them now is that they simply aren't healthy. Look at the sugar! My lord, it's like having a candy bar. I still lost weight doing it but that was because I was restricting calories but I just can't talk myself into using a product like that now. I'm more into using healthy products.

However, I am about to do a plan where you replace 1 meal a day with a shake but I'm using Beachbody's vegan "**********" which has no sugar and is full of good ingredients. It's on order and I'm just waiting for it to arrive. It gets pretty good reviews so I'm excited to try it.
Let me know how you like the vegan ********** and if you think it's worth the $$!
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunSize View Post
Let me know how you like the vegan ********** and if you think it's worth the $$!
Will do. I can tell you now it's delicious. I'll post up in about a month on what health benefits and weight loss I see. It's definitely some pricey stuff but I keep hearing all these people swear by it so I had to try it.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

I started out today with SlimFast. The reason was availability and also because I know it will work. My weight is sky high and my attitude is to back this tremendous addiction to sweets with something that tastes good and is going to make me feel that I am not depriving myself of something sweet and chocolate is my favorite flavor.
All of these shakes will work, I call them a crutch but I also see value in this approach. I need to stick to 1800 calories per day so when you figure on two 190 calorie shakes, three 100 calorie snacks and a 500 calorie meal it still isn't enough calories in a day. I actually am sitting here realizing I must plan on a second meal in there to eat and since I have a very long way to go, well I figure eat something that will be enjoyable and where I don't feel deprived.
From what I see, I am surprised to say this but I actually need to eat a regular lunch to stay within my caloric count to lose weight for my body weight.
LadyNASDAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Hello. I'm a calorie counter but lately ive been bloated all the time so im making the switch to shakes, i can still count calories, but without eating over processed foods that were bloating me. at least thats the idea im going with and i hope it works. Basically I am eating 2 slim fast shakes a day, 2 source yogurts, 1 fibre something granola bar,1 muesli cereal, and only water to drink. this leaves me with 300-350 calories for a small healthy meal every day. I don't think the slim fast we have in canada are the same as the ones mentioned here. The ones here have 260 calories not 190, so I'm guessing the formulas are different. So thats my game plan now. 1350 calories of 'healthy' food at least in comparison to what I was eating, all water for drinks, 30 mins exercise every 2nd day. Im hopeing it was the diet pepsi and processed foods that were bloating me. Its not my tom. I got off tom and have been struggling to get rid of bloat. I know some of its from friday when I went pub hopping on the guinness but its monday now shouldnt that be gone?

Last edited by CherryQuinn; 02-20-2012 at 03:25 PM.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

Wanted to again reply to this thread...
I am succeeding. I am smiling while I'm typing because the scale budged twice in 2 days. I've lost 2 lbs. a day and oh yes Slim Fast has definitely a huge impact in my day. It fills me up, it takes care of sweets cravings and no way do I desire chocolate which is a horrible craving I usually have.

My day starts with a meal replacement Slim Fast bar. I drink 2 glass of water , one being before the bar and a second after.

I have a 100 calorie snack mid morning. I drink some more lol.
Lunch is a diet dinner, been using Healthy Choice because I think it has more variety and truly taste good, never liked them before but also find I'm fuller with them. I also eat a fruit with lunch, usually a banana.
I eat a Slim Fast meal replacement bar at 4 pm. This is my reason I can stay on this Program because this is my danger hour and also will very much back me off at dinnertime. Thank goodness I know now what it will take to make a difference and keep me from falling off. So worth the expense. I get sickened by so many of the other bars out there but still open to trying a different one that will stay at 200 calories and fill me up like these do. I have no gastro issues with these and it was by chance I decided ok, try this and see how I do.
LadyNASDAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 272.4/257.0/199

Height: 5'7"

Ive not used slimfast in years, when I did I had no luck. recently though Ive used protien shakes much like you would use slimfast. its cost effetive and I enjoy them, at night I make it up like a milk shake (add some milk and some ice tomy blender) this makes my body/mind think im having that ice cream i always had and helps with cravings. i like it and the progress has been slow, but its been progress! ive lost about 10lbs in roughly 2 weeks. i take fish oil three times a day and eat two times a day. i work out a min of 20 minutes a day. going to add walking to my plan just as soon as i get my new treadmill! that should make things speed up a bit i hope
reena lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #10  

Glad I found this thread. I am doing Body by Vi. I have seen and talked to several people who have done it and they did lose a lot of weight. My husband had a friend who lost a lot on it and he wanted to try it. When I mixed his shake for him yesterday I tasted it and it was so good I decided to give it a try. I don't have a ton to lose, 25 pounds is my goal. I was doing HCG because i did it last summer and lost 22 pounds. I just got bored and tired of cooking meals for the family that I could not have. With Body by Vi you do the two shakes which taste wonderful I have to say, 2 low calorie snacks and a sensible meal for supper. Last night I had a steak and baked potato. I probably should have had a good vegetable instead but really wanted a potato. And I was down 2 pounds this morning. Can't argue with that.
bythegraceofGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #11  

Hi,
I was interested in the Body by V abd went to the website. There was something that turned me off as it just sounds pyramid like where you get products free for referring and they offer ways to promote and sell the product. So my question is have you had any bad experience with the company ?

Good luck with the weight loss.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Hi,
I was interested in the Body by V abd went to the website. There was something that turned me off as it just sounds pyramid like where you get products free for referring and they offer ways to promote and sell the product. So my question is have you had any bad experience with the company ?

Good luck with the weight loss.

Sheridan
We bought ours from a friend. That seems the best way to do it. I would not do the website if I were you. The stuff is good, tastes great, but their marketing leaves something to be desired. I think you can buy it on Amazon too. A girl I work with is doing it but she ended up getting the automatic reorder and is having to cancel that. So watch for that. Again, look on Amazon. Or if you know someone selling it buy it from them.
bythegraceofGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #13  
working to 130

S/C/G: 254.8/2546/130

I am a firm believer in green smoothies. If you aren't into greens, just add a banana because they mask icky flavors. Spinach is a good green to start with because it has a mild flavor and bananas will literally cover them up. I was having about a 300-400 calorie in the morning and I felt ALIVE! I was using 2-3 cups spinach, pushed down into the blender, 1/2 cup frozen mango, 1/2 frozen cup pineapple, 1-2 clementine oranges - another flavor masker - 1 frozen banana, 1-3 Tbsp hemp seeds - for protein and healthy fats , sometimes a little Maca powder for a boost of energy, and about 2 1/2 cups CLEAN water - not from the tap, unless you live in the mountains and get fresh spring water. If you are still afraid that you aren't going to like the taste, add some RAW honey, maybe 1 Tbsp. I don't think it needs it because of the yummy fruit, but RAW honey does have health benefits so it won't hurt to add a little extra sweetness. Now you have the perfect breakfast and you have consumed your daily requirement of fruit. I would change it up every other day with frozen berries - antioxidents!

I have seen success stories of people who go on green smoothie feasts, and they have lost a lot of weight. I am currently not drinking my smoothies because when it's cold I want things that warm me up. Once spring is here, I'll be eating green smoothies for breakfast again, YAY!

I would say you can replace 1 or two meals this way, but it's important that it be a complete meal, meaning it's got proteins, good carbs, and fats. This meets all the criteria, but it won't necessarily have all the vitamins and minerals you need for the day. You could take a multi vitamin, RAW if you can. I use RAW MEAL after my workouts and it pretty much has 100% of the daily requirement of everything you need for the day. I will warn you, it's one of those healthy foods that you have to get used to. It has an earthy taste and at first I had to mentally prep myself to drink it. After about 3 days I just chugged it down with no problem. This isn't the kind of thing you sip, trust me. I was also using half a serving, 1 scoop, so I was only really getting 50% of my daily requirements, although some of the stuff in there had 200% of the daily requirments so I still got 100%. You can look it up online and their website will give you the actual nutritional information. They market this as a meal replacement, but like I said, I used it after workouts.

IF I were to do a shake diet, this is the approach I would take: RAW MEAL for breakfast/lunch. Green Smoothie for breakfast/lunch. In between meals, if I got hungry I would hit the blender and make another smoothie. Just make sure you are putting greens in there, even if it's just a handful. For dinner, I would have a big salad or chopped veggies, maybe even some steamed veggies. If you eat meat, maybe some chicken, grilled with no added fats. I am a vegetarian so I would probably eat a Quorn cutlet. As your body becomes accustomed to the greens, you will crave less sugar - I promise you this is true because I was the biggest sugar junkie and now I can only eat a few pieces of candy instead of a whole bag. I don't even add honey to my smoothies anymore.

I would start this over a weekend, because depending on your diet, things might happen in your body - unpleasent things, if you know what I mean. If you're off on the weekend, I would eat light on Friday and have a big salad for dinner. Saturday start your blending. Make sure that you don't have anything to do over the weekend, just relax at home. Your body will start to clean out the junk inside you because it doesn't have anything to digest since everything is blended and fruits and veggies get processed pretty fast anyway.

I would say that I'd join you, but I have hit a place in my life right now that I am so disillusioned with food. I say it's because the light in my fridge went out and can't be fixed. My husband says we don't need a new fridge, I say we do. When I open it and look inside, it's so dark and depressing. I don't even want to eat. My struggle has always been sweets and junk food. I can eat the healthiest foods and still turn around and polish off a cake. If you are going to do this, I would love to follow along on your journey. Maybe come Spring I will join you. By then all my favorite veggies will start coming back in season. I had another suspicion that I've gone too long without cucumbers because of the bad growing season that wiped out some crops. I think if you slip in your weight loss journey you have to get up ASAP so that you don't get consumed by negative feelings/thoughts. My problem, I think is that I fell into a funk and I'm having a hard time getting out of it. This is why I joined this forum, and it's been helping.

So sorry for the long post. I hope it made sense and that some of it helped.
MangoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #14  

Default Replace 2 meals a day with a shake groip...Anyone wanna join?

I've been replacing 2 meals with Almesed shakes. Lost 5lbs so far.

Last edited by Sunshine55; 06-24-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Sunshine55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #15  

How long have you been replacing 2 meals with the Almsed shakes? I am thinking about doing slim fast.
happysize is offline   Reply With Quote