South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 10:00 PM   #1  

Question OT: Teachers on SBD?

Just wondering if I had any fellow teachers on the beach. I'm getting ready to go back and I think I can actually do this...that is as long as I don't go near the lounge. Or the cafeteria. Or the office. Or the happy hour on Friday. Hmmmmm.

I think I'll try to get my buddies at work started on SBD when we go back so I won't be alone. I figure if I've had a big loss when we get back, that will inspire them, right?

Now the question is how to reinforce my students with only sugar-free candy. HA, HA, HA!!!!

Talk to y'all Thursday.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:10 PM   #2  

Our in-service is next Tuesday. Coffee, sweet rolls, and juice will be served. *sigh* I'm going right to my seat dagnabit!
Old 07-31-2003, 04:55 PM   #3  

It is definitely going to be tough going back! I am worried about making sure I take my lunch. Especiallly since I am not a morning person -- its hard to pack it in the morning. Good luck!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:09 PM   #4  

I'm not a morning person either. I have to get some coffee in before I can move much. Why does school have to start so early ?

I'm gonna make my lunch the night before and hope it's not disgusting by the next day. I figure a couple of toothpicks will hold some of those turkey roll ups together.

Then again, everything might get thrown into some Rubbermaid at the last minute and assembled as needed...

Have a great first week back and look out for the snack machines!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:29 PM   #5  

Thanks! Every year the one thing I remember about the first week of school is how tired and how hungry I always am. I'll have to make sure I pack some cheese, celery, etc..

The hardest thing is the teacher's lounge!

Good luck with your first week back!

Old 07-31-2003, 10:07 PM   #6  

bradydave-

I am not a teacher but I work in a dental office where there are cookies, treats, candy all around me everyday! Bring in your stash and then you wont be so tempted. I have gotten all my co-workers on this SBD and they love it. The Doctor I work for loved our enthusiasm so much she is buying all of us a membership to Curve's!

Don't be tempted by the treats!

Nothing tastes as good as being thin:
Old 07-31-2003, 11:51 PM   #7  

I'm a teacher by trade, but I don't work right now. But when I was working, I remember the how dangerous the lounge was!! Any excuse to bring a bunch of fattening stuff!!!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 12:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

I like to say I took an early retirement, which really means I am lucky enough to stay at home now with the 2 kids.

Stay as far away from the teachers' lounge/room as possible. I went back to work part time after having my first and only had 5 pounds to go before hitting my pre-pregancy weight. I shared my room and so had to hang out in the teacher room for 45 minutes before my class started, by the end of the year and with my weak will power, I was up 20 pounds. And it has been all down hill or should I say up the scale since.

My husband has been doing Atkins for awhile (a teacher too) and what he found helpful was to make breakfast ahead of time. He usually cooks up a bunch of eggs, cheese, and veggies and seperates his creation into 3 microwaveable containers. They heat up well and he is able to have a good size meal each day.

Enjoy the start of the year. I still miss decorating my room and getting to know all of the kids.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:03 PM   #9  

Hey Bradydave! I see that you are from Cincinnati. Well, so am I. I teach at Finneytown. Where do you teach?
Sonya
Old 08-01-2003, 10:49 PM   #10  

I'm in Burlington, Kentucky. Boone County. What a small world! I have a friend from college who is from Finneytown.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:10 PM   #11  

I teach also--we go back tomorrow -- before I would take a packaged frozen meal for lunch--it was easy! I have 3 kids so I am a little worried about what to do for lunch on SBD. Any suggestions? I've already thought about the ham/cheese/lettuce wraps, but I think that will get pretty old, pretty fast.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:19 AM   #12  

I'm going back today for my first "work" day. HA!!! I've been in there non-stop for three weeks. You know how that goes. So much for June, July, and August off, eh?

I packed a salad. I made it up in a medium-sized rubbermaid container. I hope it's still crisp for lunch today. I'm also taking a bag of pistachios and stopping at the store for some Diet Rite on the way.

Another idea I might use is to take the no-drain tuna and a hunk of cheese.

Thank goodness phase II is around the corner...cause it's much easier to tote fruit around.

Good luck on your first day!
Erika
Old 08-04-2003, 10:22 AM   #13  

I am not a teacher in the school system but an ESL paraeducator in the high school. I have so much trouble with the lunch room and the faculty room. Everything smells soooo good. We, also, have a thing they have been doing since I have been in the system. Every month an assigned group of staff bring food for that day. The men are really bad about running into the grocery store and getting some donuts or chip and dip for their food day. I will be looking for something that can go in a crock pot or the refrig. for lunch time when my turn comes.
My sister is on the Atkins Plan and she has been really faithful about fixing her things the night before and then finish whatever she needs the next morning. Maybe I can get some good habits from her ideas.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:51 AM   #14  

Hey Bradydave, Good luck on your first day back at school. I went today to work on my classroom, but couldn't get in because the janitor had just waxed the hallway. Oh well.
Have a great day!
Sonya
Closed Thread