Old 01-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #274 Bale of Turtles Moving Ahead!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Good to see you here. Had an overeating night last night, but I did it on purpose and promised myself I wouldn't feel guilty. Today I am back on track. I had ice cream which I hadn't had since the summer. Quite all right, I think!

Good luck to us all. Let's have a great week and see the scale move down.
Judy
234.6/180/179 and onward to goal in 2012!!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #3  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Itry -- I 'indulge' on Sat and sometimes Sun on purpose to kind of kick the metabolism in the pants. As long as I don't get the notion that I can nom like that all the time and still lose weight, it's all good.

Had a busy weekend .. we're oven shopping. So many choices!
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Not Too Many turtles Around this week!!!

Trudging through the week! Been to the Y twice, hoping to get there a few more times. Not feeling 100% this week.

Hope you gals are all well and keepin at it!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - we have been very quiet this week. I have been trying to stay OP and have done pretty good this week. Had a dinner out last Fri but chose
salmon but had too much wine & Sat had movie popcorn but kept it to small bag. So, am liking the new ww & not stressing when overdoing it since I have the extra points for that.
We have been lucky with the weather, but this week has been overcast & mostly dark all day, so that gets buggy after awhile.

Made a cabbage roll casserole & have been having that with chicken or beef
for dinner along with baked potatoe or rice.

Hope you all have a great week.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #6  
Chick

Hi Guys,
Terri, good for you and the .

Bandit, what is a cabbage roll casserole? I bet I'd like it.

Loose Seal, I like that attitude toward food.

Today was a better day for me. Oh, I forgot----we WI tomorrow morning. Well, I'll be up, so this needs to be a better week for me.
Judy
Old 02-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #7  

Have been OP cal-wise and exercise-wise all week but don't think I"m going to see a loss tomorrow. The past few days the scale has just been the same. Ah well, some weeks are like that I guess. Gonna just keep plugging along, try to keep the cals on the lower end for the next few days and see if maybe early next week it'll drop.

Pretty sure which oven we're going to get, waiting for the salesman who was a terrific help over the weekend to get back into the store. Hopefully Sat or Sun we can purchase. How lovely will it be to have an oven where the top coils aren't hanging way down because the brackets broke ages ago and to have a true flat-top so the pans sit . . . . flat. My whole life one side of a pan has always been hotter than the other side, constantly spinning pots and pans around for even heating. Yeah, I'm totally over that.

Have a great weekend all and remember to plan your food and to work that plan!
Old 02-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #8  
Chick

Loose, thanks for the pep talk!
KimL, how are you doing?
Taylor and Jar, how are you guys?
Cherry and Life
Princess and Bandit,
Terri
How are we doing?
Today I'm hanging in there, but I sure threw away most of this week.
: to all of us.
Judy
onward and downward in 2012!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - Was down 1.2# at my weigh in, so happy with being down.

Judy - cabbage casserole is same ingredients as cabbage rolls, but instead of rolling them up just layer cooked cabbage on bottom on dish & place mixture,
then more cabbage and pour sauce over & bake until soft. Tastes same as cabbage rolls. Filling & point friendly side dish.

Today I made Clean out Fridge soup which was tasty but it was very green in colour, great for St Pattys Day. Basically onions, carrots, spices, chicken broth, 1 potatoe chopped, 2 cups broccoli and you cook until potatoes soft.
Then add 1 cup frozen peas & cook 5 min. Then puree 1/2 of this and then
blend rest altogether and add 1 cup of milk, salt & pepper and heat back up.
As I said it is a very green soup but was tastey. Worked out approx 8 cups
for 2 PP per cup.

So, hope everyone is doing great. One more week for our challenge.

I think I mentioned I was going to Florida for 2 weeks at end of month,
so that will be fun staying with 2 different friends for a week each.

Have a great weekend.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! Rainy here today but the city is full and busy here with the Super Bowl, the downtown is festive and from what I hear is just an amazing experience. I have not made it down there yet but other things are sucking my time away so will take care of business and worry about the rest later.

Went to my meeting and W/I on Thursday, the train is just steaming ahead right into a wall... ugh, I was up another 4 pounds - don't know what is going on to be honest.

I watched my eating yesterday and got to the gym last night for 30 minutes on the treadmill... am going to try and catch a cycle class this morning I think since it is raining out and taking the dogs to the park would just not be a good idea.

Went for my yearly and my mammo on Wednesday but my doctor was delivering a baby so I had a nurse practicioner - did not get to have the conversation with my doctor about what is going on with my body right now but will try again when I have time.

Have to run all have a great day!

Last edited by Princess1122; 02-04-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All!

Bandit I make the cabbage roll casserole too! I put lean ground mixed with a bit of rice in the bottom then cabbage then tomato soup over top. Haven't made it in awhile thanks for making me think of it! Your soup sounds great too!

Judy You should try the cabbage recipe I'm sure you would like it! Don't worry about the rotten scale! Just keep at it! It will move!!!!

Princess great to hear from you! We'll be watching Superbowl!!! Hope things slow down a bit for you, and you have some "me time" soon!

Seal hope you like your new stove it sure it a hard decision one you have to live with for a long time!!! I got a new one 3 years ago and I don't like it!!!

Have a great Sat gals
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #12  
Chick

Oh Turtles, I am sooooooooooo glad to see you back here. T hat cabbage roll casserole sounds amazing. I'll gather up some ingredients and make it.
It's just the kind of thing I like to eat in the winter.

Bandit: to you. It's coming off and that's the weigh to go!

Loose, I hope you love your new stove. I got a new one about seven years ago and love it! My old one had a wall oven and I could hardly fit any food in it. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but I love this "new" one. I am lucky because I have gas heat which meant I can have a gas stove. Even when our lights go out, I can light the stove with a match and get simple foods cooked. I hope you love your new stove and won't be juggling pots anymore.

Princess, I am so sorry to hear that you're up four pounds. I hope you can get to your regular doctor soon since this is puzzling. Usually when we're up we know it's a dinner out (too much salt and fat) and that goes away once we get right back on track. I'm sending : and to help you with all this. On a positive note, I am so happy that the Super Bowl will be in Indianapolis. It 's really fun to know you live there. I've watched a few interviews on TV with your city in the background. Very impressive and fun!

Bandit, have a great time in FL. and a change of weather and a chance to catch up with friends. How lovely!

Terri, thanks for your encouraging notes! It always helps to know you're out there plugging away.

Yesterday finally was a good day for me. Not perfect, but pretty darn good.
Today I will walk----either treadmill or boardwalk. Food was much better and I've got good food planned for today. Scale budged a tiny bit downward, so I'll spend this week until Wed. knocking off the weight I just put on and then try and hit new lows. I can do this!@ No sense in getting discouraged now when I am so close to a new number.

Everybody have a great day and a fun Super Bowl Sunday!!!
Judy
234.6/183/179 and thinner Goal in 2012!!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #13  

Welp, the scale remained the same for me this week. Too many starchy/carby foods I think cause I was OP. Gotta suck it up cause I want to be down to 159 (2 lbs) by next Sunday (personal goal, The Walking Dead returns!). Gotta keep on doing it, cut the carby stuff and get that water in. Don't know why I'm having trouble with the water.

Hoping the new range is a keeper too. We were this close to choosing a Sears Kenmore but went back on Thurs and saw a GE (had no intention of buying a GE) that is the same price as the Kenmore but has better features, imo, plus a power boil burner. Knobs, labels, 'hot surface' indicator, etc. were better laid out and bigger. The Kenmore also had two different sized racks inside the oven and one was about 1/3 small than the other . . which seemed really odd to me. So, yeah going w/the GE. I'm sure Jeffery Immelt will be pleased. Ok, I'll shut up now.

Have a great weekend all and remember that sooner or later all our hard work will pay off! (It has to, doesn't it? )

eta: Ordered the oven, it's coming in a week. It was on sale, got an additional 5% off, free shipping/delivery and free haul away of the old range. Good deal!

Last edited by loose seal; 02-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #14  
Chick

Yes, the hard work has to pay off! You've got it, Loose Seal.

Judy
Old 02-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi everyone just dropping in real quick. I have been fighting something somethng for about a week. The weather swings in NC are crazy this year.

I weighed in on Friday I was down 2 lbs. I am trying to make smart food choices not exactly tracking but i am not eating everything in site so thats good. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote