Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #1  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Slow Dancing with A Stranger {8} "For Love of Self"

Hi Everyone
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread 2 times a month (around the 1st and 15th of the month) to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #2  
~Krystal~

Happy Heart Day
How Many Ways to Say ... "I Love Me!"

(c) 2007 Viveca Stone-Berry
Self-Love shows up in the little, daily happenings.
It shows up in how I care for myself and go about enjoying the gift of life and all the opportunities for Love it has to offer.

1. I feed myself delicious, healthy food & drink water.

2. I get a full 8 hours of sleep instead of getting by on as little as possible.

3. I surround myself with healthy friends who Love, respect, support and inspire me.

4. I exercise and “shake it up” with different activities to keep it fun and fresh.

5. I discipline myself and set up healthy boundaries vs. constantly overextending myself personally and professionally.

6. I get rid of clothes that no longer look good on me
instead of trying to make what looked good in the past fit me in the present.

7. I give up on being perfect and begin the work of becoming myself.

8. I think positive thoughts about myself and my situation. Your thinking shapes your character.
"As a man thinketh in his heart so is he..."

9. I allow myself to make mistakes and don't abuse myself when I do -
I learn from them, apologizing sincerely where necessary, making whatever amends I can, and move forward.

10. Nothing says self-love to me better than a life of balance…and chocolate.

How could I resist not using Deb's username as a self-title for our Valentine Thread??

Today, I challenge each of you to take time to Love Yourself, knowing that when you do, you are able to love someone else!

Last edited by K9Owner; 02-15-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #3  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Happy Valentine's day to all!

I am taking a day off from hiking...I feel exhausted.

I just made chocolate covered strawberries for my family. Interesting enough; I have no interest in eating one.

Yesterday turned out to be my spike day; all went well until evening .

I took measurements this morning (oh yeah...I brought a measuring tape along )... 40-32-39.5 ----- I was excited, because I have taken 1/2 inch off from waist and 1 inch off my hips since Feb 1st! No idea about weight, I miss my scale!

Everyone have a fab day!!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Krystal, How cool the new thread title! What an honor and how appropriate for the Day/month

Sum Congrats on your NSV. Of course one takes a measuring tape on holiday

I'm back up to 182lbs today (+3) but I'm not going to stress. I feel good today in mind and body. It is a day for giving and receiving love afterall, even if away from your sweetheart.

Happy Valentines Day Everyone
Old 02-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #5  
~Krystal~

I hope each of you have had a great Valentine's Day. I don't really celebrate "days" anymore. DH and I get whatever we want all year & doing something romantic isn't secluded for one day out of the year. I don't like traditional VDay gifts:chocolate, flowers, etc.
I'd rather go on holiday

As far as this day/evening!
I woke up with ZILCH for motivation. I was sleepy, sore, and just did NOT want to workout-or even get out of bed.
However, I managed to get up, have some oats & experience one of the BEST workouts I've had in a long time!! I love that!
For Vday, I told DH we could go out to eat, since it's been about a month since we've been out. This is a treat for him, b/c 1. he loves to go out to eat & 2. we abruptly stopped going out 4-5x a week to eat. Now we just go every now and then…maybe once a month!!

My parents met us for dinner. We had a GREAT time. Afterwards, they came over to our house and played cards until 0030!!! We had a blast!
But, I was munchy for sugar and chocolate of all things. IDK why really. I typically don't crave chocolate.

TOM has left, so maybe it's that. His cRAVEN bird hasn't been around in a couple of months, so I'll say he left that pest around to disrupt my goals for this one day.

For all of my friends on MFP, you can rejoice in the fact that I did NOT allow lack of motivation to deter my efforts today at the gym. I burned 671 cals in 95 min doing part of the circuit, 2 miles, and doing some strength training/abdominal work! It was MARVELOUS!!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #6  

Son of a gun, I lost my post, be back later to try again
Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #7  

okay, I will try this again.

Thanks Krystal for starting the new thread, love the name and love the first post. Will defo go back and read that a few times! Love hearing that you didn't let your lack of motivation deter you and you killed it at the gym besides!

Sum, hope you are enjoying your vacation! I was going to make chocolate covered strawberries last night too, but ran out of time and just made mousse to dip them in. Everyone at the mousse without the strawberries wth?

Hi to everyone else! I can't remember from the last thread, so I can't go further back with personals.

So this morning, in the post I lost I was complaining that I don't know if I am doing the right things. Should I be eating more or less, am I working out enough or too much. Should I let go of the spiking and just eat more each day. What about my macros, should I get more protein, blah blah blah blah blah, on and on with the overthinking.
Then, I had a really good workout walking and then my weights routine, my eating is spic and I have been making minor changes here and there with my diet that I am liking. And then, while visiting my Gma in the hospital, I ran into an old co-worker that was very kind about how wonderful I looked. Not over the top weird, but just very sincere about what a good job I have done and how good I look. So all in all, I have had a great day. To **** with the scale, I am getting healthier day by day and the only thing I can control is what goes in my mouth and what energy I put out.
So remind me of this tomorrow morning when the scale is a meanie again!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #8  
~Krystal~

I'm so very tired. I work Wed, Thurs, Sat of this week.
Fun times.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #9  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Just posting to say hi.
I had dreams about my scale all night; I was not able to weigh myself at home because scale was filled with water. I guess I am getting anxious about my return weight. I would be crushed if I were to be 150 or more upon return

Last day for us. Boys are boarding and us girls will take a very challenging hike this afternoon. I started wearing me pedometer again. Just walking the doggie this morning for a bit to have her get her business done and walking to get lift tickets for the boys, I have clocked 3000 steps and it is 10 am. My pedometer counts aerobic steps separate and it says 1500 were aerobic....yay. By the time we are done with this day, I will have taken 20000 steps. --- kinda interesting, at home we have a huge yard with electric fence for Shadow, and she goes out to pee on her own...here we are staying at a condo and I have to walk her....even those few short trips add up.....

My BBF has decided to lose some weight! She is 5' and 215 pounds....and she wants me to help her. I will have her join MFP....I feel great that I am making a bit of difference in my friends lives.

Okee, everyone have a fab day
Old 02-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #10  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i love the new thread title!

i signed up for a one mile fun run happening in a week (two weekends away)...i decided to see if i could run a mile without stopping at the gym and sure enough, i can do it!! today i ran a mile and a half without stopping and that about KILLED me lol

survived valentine's day without overindulging in sweets...had some but not alot...am working on moderation, i dont handle deprivation well lol...

hard to post on this site today, will check in later
Old 02-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #11  

Looks like everyone has been as busy as I have! I don't feel too bad about not checking in, I would have been talking to myself anyways

Good news, so far this week I have 1-2 pounds, depending on which day you look at last week, bad news is I had gained 2 pounds last week

I keep flirting with 177. Yesterday I dipped down into the 176s, but back up to 177s today. I do have more DOMS than I usually do as I upped all my weights again yesterday, so that probably explains a little of it.

I am doing very well with my exercise and eating. I am so proud of the small changes I have made and there is not one day that I am just going through the motions, I am really going for it, so I know I will see some progress soon. I just have to be patient. I did notice my fat on my stomach is more "squishy" (I know, gross right?) and it has been said that the fat does that before it goes away, so hopefully that is the case .

I realized I hadn't taken measurements since 10-1-11!!! Took me forever to find them in a post because I thought I had taken them much later than that. Anyhow, I was very pleased that although I weigh about the same as then, most of my measurements have changed. I am particularly proud of the small changes in my legs, because those have remained the same for a long, long time. I was totally shocked at the change in my underbust. I measured 3 times just to be sure. So here they are:

10/01/11 02/18/12
Measurements:
Neck 13” Now: 13”
Bust 39” Now: 39”
Underbust 35” Now: 32.5 (what?)
Waist 33.5” Now: 32.5” (cool)
Hips 39.5” Now: 39” (darn hips will probably be the last to go!)
Mid thigh 21” Now: 20.5” (yay)
Mid Calf 15” Now: 14.5” (yay)
Mid Bicep 10” Now: 10"
Wrist 6” Now: 6"

So my scale can take that and suck it!!!

Alaskan, your fun run sounds great! Next thing you know, you will be running a 5k!

Sum, I hope your scale gives you a big happy surprise when you get home! Thats great about your friend. Give her my username if she needs or wants friends.

K9, one more day of work, hang in there!

hi to everyone else not posting right now. Hope all is well!

Last edited by jomatho; 02-18-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #12  
~Krystal~

I'm so thrilled all of you enjoyed the title of the new thread!

Alaskan: Best of luck on your run. You can do it!! I'll be cheering for you in the grand stands!! :cheer1: I am super excited that you are loving . There is just an awesome connection among the running community, like one I can't explain or believe. Keep up the fabulous work!!

Kristiina: You have issues! Please don't dreaming about me, please! I'm glad you all have had such a great time in the slopes. Next time, an evite would be appreciated!!

Jo: Are you doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women? I just got the book, along with the Abs book. I am loving this book. It is full of cheeky sarcasm!! I want to skip ahead to the workouts, but I'm being patient with the text. I am defo starting it next week.
I hope you stick with spiking for a few more weeks. I can't believe how much I am losing with it!

LoveofSelf
: Here's a little for you to kick those 3 added pests to the curb!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #13  
~Krystal~

AFM: I ran into my high school best friend's brother at the gym last night. It was funny, b/c I saw him, and I did my run before saying anything to him. I was sweaty and funky, but I didn't care. He was sitting on an inflatable ball lifting 15lb dumbells overhead, and I snuck up behind him, placed my Biofreeze infused hands over his eyes and said, "Pardon my Biofreezed hands, Guess Who!" He started laughing uncontrollably & and said, "I have no idea..who is this?" i removed my hands and I could tell he had NO CLUE who I was at first!!

My hair has NEVER been brown before. I have been a blondie my whole life!! We chatted for a bit and then he realized who I was. It was nice to see him. We all used to be so close when we were in high school. At one point, I even lived with them!

Anyway, I've had a terrible week at the hospital eating-wise. They had a VDAy party and bought like a thousand cupcakes and cookies and had so many left-overs. Mhm.....guess who ate FOUR cupcakes in 2 days!! GRRRR
I also had plenty of other foods on my list. I stayed within my cal range, but with JUNK.

Needless to say, I was NOT expecting a 0.6 lb drop on my scale this a.m. but it is what it is and I'll have a for that!!! I'm giddy!!

Hope you all have a fabulous day/weekend. I have 1 more night, then I am OFF for a WEEK!!! YES

Last edited by K9Owner; 02-19-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #14  
Fat to Fab and Fit

149 And this is after driving 22 hours and snacking with high sodium stuff I am so excited what the next few days bring. I am relieved. I finally broke that barrier. It has been nearly 4 years since my last 140's.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
149 And this is after driving 22 hours and snacking with high sodium stuff I am so excited what the next few days bring. I am relieved. I finally broke that barrier. It has been nearly 4 years since my last 140's.

I just had a feeling about you. . .

Congrats!
Closed Thread