South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #1  
Child Of God

S/C/G: 220/203/195

Height: 5'11

Default I wanna...... but I won't

Hey Ladies...

have you ever had a muffin stop you in your tracks? have you ever been petrified to enter the staff kitchen because you know you'll be harassed by sights and sounds of tempting food. Have you ever had to talk your self away from the table.

Well..... WELCOME!

After having to literally have a conversation with myself out loud in the shower about why I shouldn't inhale a box of muffins. I developed my " I wanna...but I won't" statements. I think just accepting that you're tempted but telling yourself why you won't give in, helps remind you of your goals with weight loss. I would love for you guys to join me; I'll go first.

I wanna eat the birthday cake in the staff room, but I won't because the pleasure doesn't even come close to the pleasure of dropping to the next dress size. Bad, bad cake ; you're not welcome here!!!!!

There you go...JOIN ME!!! lol
Enit2winit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I always have conversations with myself, especially when I know I'm about to binge! I'll get up and start moving around keeping myself productive and tell myself not to do it, and figure out why I'm about to do it...usually it helps...

I find I have the best throughts when I'm in the shower sometimes I'm completely in my mind I don't want to leave it lol...
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #3  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

I had an "I wanna....but I won't" moment a couple of hours ago!! Fries were involved.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/298/200

Height: 5'9"

Work is the worst place for that, too. Donuts and pizza and brownies, oh my! I work with mostly men who eat out lunch everyday, unless we have a vendor bring food in. I have to talk myself down off the ledge regularly. 15 seconds later, that donut will not have been worth it!!!
thefrenchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Great job resisting!

I started working in a restaurant last fall. There is always incredibly tempting food and I never know when donuts or homemade goodies are going to show up. Although I am comp'ed a meal everyday I know I wouldn't make good choices. Instead I bring my own Ezekial bread and almond butter and order a side of fruit for lunch. It has really helped me resist any other offerings. I've been doing this for 3 months now and it gets easier everyday.

Be strong!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

what perfect timing, I had to talk myself straight this afternoon! My winter job is in a deli/bakery. After 3 p.m. I am the only employee. I am surrounded by...platters of huge homemade cookies, squares of cake, pieces of cheesecake, chips, chocolate...everything. To fight this, I bring my own approved food to stuff myself so I do not have hunger pangs at all to be tempted. But the 'bored' hunger and the "I wanna" can be strong. But I pushed through it!

thanks for the new mantra! I wanna...but I won't!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/254/160

Height: 5'7

I am doing this now..I would love to eat my daughters candy...I guess I should just go to bed before I eat the house...blah
Immafatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #8  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Speaking of muffins....recently had an intense craving for corn muffin from a particular diner in town and fit it into my program....not the best thing for dinner, but at a whopping 450 calories, add 50 for whipped butter.....I went for it. Had it for dinner a couple of nights. Had it for breakfast (1/2) and lunch 5 hours later after running errands and shopping (other half in my car!!) on Saturday. That about did it for me and the craving is gone.

While I know a corn muffin isn't the most balanced "meal", the calorie content necessitated it to be so. I'm glad the craving is gone and I'm glad I was able to have it while counting calories. I have returned to making more balanced choices since Saturday. I guess I just had to get a little weird.

Kudos to you for being able to resist. I think had I resisted it would have made the crave worse--even tho it was the strangest dinner I've had in a long time.

Last edited by 124chicksinger; 02-15-2012 at 12:42 AM.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/135/126

Height: 5'6"

Ahh, this is going to be my new motto!

I'm so glad I'm not at work these days, we had a HUGE collective sweet tooth. Now the biggest temptation to resist is finishing the kiddo's homemade meals that I slave over to cook and she seems to enjoy flinging around more than eating!
frankiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #10  
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

The work place is HARD. I held out the other day until the donuts were pretty much gone, but gave into about half of a left-over donut. Much better than when I used to take a half, then go get another half, and then another, and then another, all the while telling myself that I really hadn't had much at all.

Really, really hard to resist all the baking my kids do -- cookie dough, chocolate chips, but I think I'm getting stronger.
smarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkey View Post
The work place is HARD. I held out the other day until the donuts were pretty much gone, but gave into about half of a left-over donut. Much better than when I used to take a half, then go get another half, and then another, and then another, all the while telling myself that I really hadn't had much at all.

Really, really hard to resist all the baking my kids do -- cookie dough, chocolate chips, but I think I'm getting stronger.
that is so hard, when it is in your own house, isn't it. Something that helps me, when it's right under my nose, is thinking "I want that, but I can resist now..but I can have it when there is a time that I just can't resist. But now I can resist." It kinda gives me the feeling that I do have control.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #12  

Good thread, my mindset is yes, I could eat anything I want, but I find I really think about what it is and is it worth it. Almost always I chose to hold off till something better comes along that I can justify. And most times I forget about the whole needing thing.

Donuts just don't do it for me anymore.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #13  
Child Of God

S/C/G: 220/203/195

Height: 5'11

I walked into the staff kitchen today and there were 4 types of chocolate cookes... birthday cake, 2 types of pie and some chocolate and this was all before 9 am....what!

Of course I wanna inhale 10 of each but I won't because my healthy protein ball kicked that craving right out of me! YUM
Enit2winit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #14  
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enit2winit View Post
I walked into the staff kitchen today and there were 4 types of chocolate cookes... birthday cake, 2 types of pie and some chocolate and this was all before 9 am....what!

Of course I wanna inhale 10 of each but I won't because my healthy protein ball kicked that craving right out of me! YUM
It really does help to have sort-of sweet snacks available to crush that craving for sugar that is right in front of you. Nuts and dried fruit (for Phase 2) are great. And so is protein of any kind - actually does quiet the hunger pangs.

Getting past the first few weeks and putting on loose clothing has been a great motivation to resist. I'm so close to one size down I can taste it. Another week or two and I'll go clothes shopping and maybe actually enjoy myself!
smarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Ugh. right now there is a delicious food truck with amazing short rib tacos parked outside my office. parked next to a gourmet ice cream truck. No fair!

But, I had my lunch, I'm chewing some gum, and surprisingly, my inner 4 year old is relatively tantrum free today. One more day, one more choice closer to goal.
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote