Old 02-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #1  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default Hip pain....

Is it just me or do any of you have this problem where you go to sleep on one side of your body, not moving all night from that spot, then you wake up almost screaming from the pain in your hip in the morning? That happened to me this morning and my hip has hurt almost all day long (it gets better when I walk around a bit). I guess I'm going to have to take an Aleve because of it soon too just hoping it would go away but I guess I'm not that lucky . My question is does this go away as you lose weight (I'm guessing it's from the pressure on my hip in bed that is doing it)?
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I definitely have this issue and yes, mine does get better, and has gone away as my weight went down. Not a guarantee that yours will, but it is definitely possible. Fortunately, it's rare that I don't move at all during the night.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #3  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I have some hip pain as well when I wake up in the mornings. I've always thought it's because my mattress is ancient (20 years old this year). I never did think that it might be because of my weight. Hmmm...
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

I had hip pain when I was pregnant and I found I could alleviate it by putting a pillow between my knees. I realize it's not the same kind of thing you're dealing with but maybe your hips aren't aligned properly and that's what's giving you trouble? Try a firm, kind of thick pillow so when you lie down, your hips are lined up better, maybe?
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Every heavy person I know has some difficulty sleeping in a bed. A friend's sister cannot sleep anywhere but in a recliner. I never had hip pain, but I would have a very stiff back if I rolled onto my back during the night. It was like my butt kept anything else from lining up properly. Not so much now, though I generally sleep on my side. I KNOW that losing weight made a difference.

Keep losing - things will improve.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote