View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
blondegirl32

Default Where does one begin????

Being new to 3FC I have been reading some of the posts in here and have to say I like the feeling I get that you are all on the same page. I have had a fight with my weight all my life but don't think I realized how out of control it has become until I received the pictures from my sister's wedding. She got married Saturday before last and it was beautiful...but I was not. I knew that I had gained alot of weight this past year but don't think I really SAW it...know what I mean??? Now I have seen it, really seen it and am a bit freaked out by it. I had a really, really rough past year and a half(bad, bad relationship with a man who weighed a buck forty wet!) and think I ate my way(weigh) through it. Last time I had a check up, about 4 months ago, I was at 305 but that didn't even hit me like seeing the pictures did! In 1 1/2 years I have gained over 100 pounds!!! What the heck!?!?!?! I know what I need to do and what it will take for me to acheive my goal weight of 150 but sometimes feel so alone with my battle I just give up and shove that next sugar, sweet, carb, or whatever into my mouth...knowing it is just harming me. I hope to find the support here from others who are or have been in my shoes...my friends can sympathize but they have never been here...so they don't really know. My self-esteem is in the toilet and I am tired of well-meaning friends who tell me they have a guy for me who likes bigger women...I just want someone to loves me for me...but that is a whole other story!!! I used to have such wonderful eating and exercie habits but that just disappeared and I am having a hard time getting them back...any 'pearls of wisdom' or just to say whatever is welcome. I just wanted to say hi and give a bit of an intro...hope that is OK.