Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Friday 02/10/2012 IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 02-10-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Last night was rough due to an event at my daughter's school. I did not get all my protein in for the day (only 1/2) and I ended up eating a second restricted due to time. Ugh.....woke up this morning and up 1.5 lbs....probably due to water? Not sure. I know I did not get enough water as well. Wasn't intentional. So, ready to rock this plan today. I have a conference all day but I am bringing my lunch. Already had my pina colada drink....yum!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #3  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning,Here knowing that everyone will be OP today! Good luck with the WI's. Don't get discouraged! I have my 3rd WI tomarrow! So excited to see!
Hugs!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!

Yummo!! Sitting here drinking Wild Mountain Blueberry coffee and indulging in an entire bag (and these are very generous portion sizes) of Apple Cinnamon Puffs. Diet, what diet?

Hubby had a date all planned for us tonight, he is so sweet!! Unfortunately he planned for somewhere where I don't think a single thing on the menu is OP, and I think he saw a look in my eyes when he mentioned it. So, we talked about it, and we have the rest of our lives to go to fancy places like that so I think we're just going to hit up the old fashioned Red Lobster instead, and then maybe go bowling. Plus it will be like 1/4 of the price. I hope I didn't make him feel to badly though, I really tried to let him know how much I appreciated him planning this ahead for us (since we never go out!).

Has anyone been OP at Red Lobster, any tips on what I should order? I was just thinking grilled fish with a double serving of steamed veggies (and a salad), but do they use a lot of extra oil / butter I need to be careful about?

I'm also getting really close to breaking into a new decade on my morning WI's, I really hope this week is the one, but if not it will hopefully be next week.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Yummo!! Sitting here drinking Wild Mountain Blueberry coffee and indulging in an entire bag (and these are very generous portion sizes) of Apple Cinnamon Puffs. Diet, what diet?

Hubby had a date all planned for us tonight, he is so sweet!! Unfortunately he planned for somewhere where I don't think a single thing on the menu is OP, and I think he saw a look in my eyes when he mentioned it. So, we talked about it, and we have the rest of our lives to go to fancy places like that so I think we're just going to hit up the old fashioned Red Lobster instead, and then maybe go bowling. Plus it will be like 1/4 of the price. I hope I didn't make him feel to badly though, I really tried to let him know how much I appreciated him planning this ahead for us (since we never go out!).

Has anyone been OP at Red Lobster, any tips on what I should order? I was just thinking grilled fish with a double serving of steamed veggies (and a salad), but do they use a lot of extra oil / butter I need to be careful about?

I'm also getting really close to breaking into a new decade on my morning WI's, I really hope this week is the one, but if not it will hopefully be next week.

I think Red Lobster would be just fine. I always look over the menu online anywhere I go ahead of time and get a game plan in place. Just tell them you have dietary restrictions and let them know how you want everything prepared (no butter, salt, oils, extra seasonings, steamed only...) I have not had a place yet that has said no to me. I always make sure to tip a little more than normal if they prepare everything right. Most places will even come back within 5 minutes to make sure it is ok. How sweet of your husband! I hope you have a wonderful date night
Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

I posted this in a few other places also because not everyone goes to the same threads every day. I would appreciate it if anyone that takes alternative vitamins would post the what kind, the brand and where they get it. I think Wuv said a few days ago that Walmart Natures Valley has a decent Cal Mag. I have been searching and everything I have found has either way more or not enough of compared to mine. I have found others that are comparable but they are actually much more expensive I use alternative for the packets but still use IP supplements.
THANKS EVERYONE
Old 02-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! Last night was rough due to an event at my daughter's school. I did not get all my protein in for the day (only 1/2) and I ended up eating a second restricted due to time. Ugh.....woke up this morning and up 1.5 lbs....probably due to water? Not sure. I know I did not get enough water as well. Wasn't intentional. So, ready to rock this plan today. I have a conference all day but I am bringing my lunch. Already had my pina colada drink....yum!

I woke up one day 1.0 higher because I had my salt intake PLUS a serving (1 tbsp) of soy sauce...I was overly bloated and the 1.00 pound went away the next day after I flushed it out with plenty of water and decreased my salt intake...phew. You'll be fine too!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!

I'm holding off on Red Lobster until I have my funday...I want to eat their cheddar garlic rolls/bread...so yummy!!! Sorry I'm not answering your initial question about stuff there to eat but I'm sure they'll be able to work with you and give you steamed veggies and fish... Enjoy date night!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

Life happens. As my coach always tells me, "It's better to have two restricteds in a day than go off plan." I'm sure the scale number is water, because you didn't eat enough to really gain weight. Just drink some extra water today, only one restricted and in a day or two the weight will be off again and going down.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and good luck if today is a WI day. Today is my catch up day at home. Other than picking my husband up at the airport (he's a road warrior), I'm staying home and cleaning up around here and watching some movies with my son. My son is homeschooled and sometimes we make Fridays movie day. We just finished reading Homer's Odyssey, so now we will watch it on DVD. Just hope he doesn't want to make popcorn too.

Forgot to mention, my daughter, who is also on IP with me has been plateaued for three weeks now, finally saw the scale move today. She was stuck at 106 lbs with a goal of 100 lbs. Today she is 105 lbs. She credits adding the extra hard boiled egg to her diet (our coaches suggestion).
Old 02-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!

You will be perfectly fine at Red Lobster. I went last weekend (twice!) when we were out of town, and one night I had crab legs, salad, and two servings of broccoli, the next night I had grilled shrimp, salad, and two servings of broccoli. I didn't ask or give any stipulations on how to prepare the food, as crab is generally steamed. With the shrimp, I know almost all resturaunts coat their grills with butter, but it's probably not enough to hurt you. I tell you...it's the only restraunt I've eaten at where I didn't feel like I was dieting or get funny looks from the waiter when I ordered! (we go out of town a lot, so we eat out a lot). When I weight Monday morning after we got back, I was down 2.5 pounds, obviously Red Lobster was a good choice!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
I posted this in a few other places also because not everyone goes to the same threads every day. I would appreciate it if anyone that takes alternative vitamins would post the what kind, the brand and where they get it. I think Wuv said a few days ago that Walmart Natures Valley has a decent Cal Mag. I have been searching and everything I have found has either way more or not enough of compared to mine. I have found others that are comparable but they are actually much more expensive I use alternative for the packets but still use IP supplements.
THANKS EVERYONE
I get mine at Trader Joes, better prices than Walmart.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #12  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I agree about Red Lobster. Perfect for staying OP. Salad with oil and vinegar, crab legs or the blackened fish (yum) and a double serving of broccoli worl awesome. And you won't even need special instructions. That's my plan for my birthday dinner next month
Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 324/316/150

Height: 5'6

Couple questions. 1. What is the purpose of the different supplements? My coach didn't explain that. 2. Tips for getting all the water in.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

I have searched and searched for a muffin recipe using the blueberry pudding packet, and I can not find it!! Could someone please share it here?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Yup, happens to all of us at one time or another. You KNOW you didn't eat 5,250 extra calories so the 1.5 pounds isn't a real fat gain. Just keep sticking with the protocol and it will come off fairly quickly. Good Luck!
Closed Thread