Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #1  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Question Wii gaming system games or really any fun type exercise that is good budget wise ....

My question is has anyone out there tried their Zumba 2 for Wii or any other exercise games? If so how well do you like it? Also I would like some new ideas on some fun or interesting exercise ideas as well. I am really thinking about buying something to exercise to on the Wii with or even a DVD but don't want to waste my money if it is not worth it. I like to keep my exercise routines fun and interesting, if I do not I have trouble making them stick. Thanks.

Last edited by Jinxy; 02-09-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Fixing post and title.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/171/130

Height: 5'3"

I like Wii Fit and Wii Active. I had fun with the exercises (especially the rhythm boxing on wii fit--love that.) I tried a Jillian Michael's Wii game and did not like it.
awritermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #3  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I have Zumba 2 and The Biggest Loser 2.... I love them both. They are amazing in different ways. Zumba 2 is just pure fun if you like dancing. Biggest Loser 2 has the trainers and they make you do a different workout each day and even customize workouts to your own fitness level.

I have Just Dance 3 as well, and well some people say its a good exercise game, I don't think so at all. It's a fun party game no doubt, but it is nothing like a zumba workout that actually gets you sweating and your heart rate up like crazy.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #4  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I started working out on wii fit the last week of last April at 310 pounds. I could BARELY get through 10 minutes of Free Step (on wii fit) but I kept at it till I was doing it for 3 hrs a day 5-6 days a week. Eventually I started doing Free Run on there and just last month I moved on to using a treadmill instead. I call wii fit my gateway drug to "actual" exercise. LOL I've also done Zumba a few times...was fun and HARD, but not my thing. I'm very uncoordinated.

It was well worth the money to me, fwiw.

Good luck, whatever you end up doing!
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #5  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone for the comments. I forgot to add that I do have a couple workout Wii games like Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. I am currently using Wii Fit Plus it is fun (In fact I'm pretty good at the boxing and steps level 1 and 2 or advanced) but it can get kind of boring after a while which is why I was looking for something new. I've been hearing good things about Zumba and I may end up getting the newer version of it Zumba 2 whenever I go to the store next. I may check out a couple DVDs too while I'm there any suggestions?
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #6  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is pretty awesome. Everyone seems to love it and its only 20 minutes which is great if you don't have much time or you hate exercising.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #7  

I have Zumba 2, and I really enjoy it. I only do it once to twice a week (mixed in with going to the gym, etc.), so I haven't grown tired of it yet. It's a great workout.
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Wii Fit Plus
Walk it Out
EA Sports Active 2

Those are the ones we have and like to play.

The first two are more kid friendly for my 8 yrs old -- and I've done it wearing my heart rate monitor. Pick the right things and it can be a nice workout in my target heart rate.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #9  
Flab be gone

S/C/G: goal weight 60kgs

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

The WII actually kick started my weight loss. I was playing WII fit plus with my girls and when i saw my weight i nearly died. There and then i decided to do something about it. 1/2 an hour every day on aerobic exercises and a sensible low carb eating plan. A month and a 1/2 in and i'm now walking up to 8ks a day and have cut out all carbs. Feeling great and 4kgs lighter!!!
fiona46 is offline   Reply With Quote