Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 02-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Default Not exactly in "maintenance" but I am maintaining this way of eating

Hello...I want to lose 18 more pounds, so I'm not actually in maintenance. But I'm trying a different approach this time. Instead of focusing on the weight, which will come off eventually (even if it takes a year), I'm focusing on maintaining my good eating habits.

One small change that I definitely want to make a habit forever, is to eat only protein for breakfast and NO SNACKING before 12 p.m. Before, I used to eat a huge sugary breakfast, which would make me crave sugar all morning, so I would snack all morning and this would basically set the tone for the entire day. If I can stick with this habit, I know can do it forever; Sunday brunch could mess with that but that's something I do 3-4 times a year if that.

Other than that, I'm more flexible, but trying to stick with a healthy, unprocessed lunch and snack (mostly veggies, meat, cheese, and nuts), and then whatever i want for dinner, but keeping the total under 2000 calories. This allows me to feel unrestricted if i go out to dinner. I'll also allow myself to go over 2000 calories on occasion, if it's a holiday or whatever.

Whenever i fall off the wagon (which I did on Superbowl Sunday), i tell myself, "this is life. This is FOREVER. There will be occasions where you will overeat. That's ok ONCE IN A WHILE." At the same time, whenever i feel like giving up, i tell myself, "This is FOREVER. You are developing healthy habits that will last a lifetime. You have to get through this temporary pain to get there. If you keep giving in, you will never get there."

Last edited by surfergirl2; 02-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

surfergirl, good luck .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #3  
Chuggin' along...

It sounds like you've got a good handle on a healthy approach! Many have trouble with the idea of "lifestyle change" - you've got it! Good luck and please join us.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/157/120-150

Height: 5'5"

I've found the longer I eat like that, the less I enjoy the times I deviate from that plan. Junk food used to be good, now it's kinda gross. I still am tempted, but not like I was.

Congratulations on your weight loss and figuring out a plan for maintenance!
pageta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl2 View Post
Hello...I want to lose 18 more pounds, so I'm not actually in maintenance. But I'm trying a different approach this time. Instead of focusing on the weight, which will come off eventually (even if it takes a year), I'm focusing on maintaining my good eating habits.

One small change that I definitely want to make a habit forever, is to eat only protein for breakfast and NO SNACKING before 12 p.m. Before, I used to eat a huge sugary breakfast, which would make me crave sugar all morning, so I would snack all morning and this would basically set the tone for the entire day. If I can stick with this habit, I know can do it forever; Sunday brunch could mess with that but that's something I do 3-4 times a year if that.

Other than that, I'm more flexible, but trying to stick with a healthy, unprocessed lunch and snack (mostly veggies, meat, cheese, and nuts), and then whatever i want for dinner, but keeping the total under 2000 calories. This allows me to feel unrestricted if i go out to dinner. I'll also allow myself to go over 2000 calories on occasion, if it's a holiday or whatever.

Whenever i fall off the wagon (which I did on Superbowl Sunday), i tell myself, "this is life. This is FOREVER. There will be occasions where you will overeat. That's ok ONCE IN A WHILE." At the same time, whenever i feel like giving up, i tell myself, "This is FOREVER. You are developing healthy habits that will last a lifetime. You have to get through this temporary pain to get there. If you keep giving in, you will never get there."
I wish we had a like button or like another forum, a place to click for Karma points! You figured it out!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote