Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/170/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone tried Healthy Chef Creations?

Hi! Just wondered if anyone had tried this service. The pricing is in-line with the other "fresh" meal delivery services, but their meals are organic/hormone/antibiotic free (this is the only service I've found that offers this so far).

Any experience would be greatly appreciated!

PS/FYI -- I did use the 3 hour diet, and while I lost weight, I started to get sick of the processed foods (i.e. breakfast meats clearly had preservatives, etc). Overall, the meals weren't bad...I just want the organic stuff.
emilykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:36 PM   #2  
it's always something

I've looked at their website many times But I thought they were too expensive. For example, one serving of the grilled vegetable dinner costs $36. I also wish there was a good organic service, but I have to be able to eat and pay the electric bill
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/170/140

Default Healthy Chef Creations

I know what you mean! I think you may have mis-read though, because breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack are supposed to be $36/day. I think if you buy a la carte, it can be more expensive, but the daily packages are not quite as bad. Also, you can do just lunch & dinner for $26/day.

Since we just cook for 2 at home, we figured that $30 - $40/day (if I didn't buy other snacks for me) is the same or less than we'd pay if I cooked all of my own meals...of course, maybe we just spend a lot of money on food, but despite the high daily cost, it didn't seem crazy when I started to do the math.

I think I'm going to try it...there are no minimums, so I figure doing it for a week or two won't hurt the checkbook that badly.
emilykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:08 PM   #4  
it's always something

Ooh, you're right! That is much better

Please let us know what you think after you try it
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #5  

Yes, I love it.
mdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #6  

I am in my second week and I have lost 8lbs. I ordered the regular portion because the calories and fat on the regular portion is still low and since the price is the same it didn't make much sense to me.
I do the full plan with combo meals. I spend around $400 a week((which includes $300 in food and $100 in shipping since I live outside of Fl.) but that is everything for me. I don't have to do any grocery shopping at all because it includes everything with sides you get (fruits, vegetables and dairy, etc). I also order the spa enegry shake which I drink in the morning before I work out.
It is expensive but this is the best I have felt in a longtime. I have so much energy and even my mood has improved.
mdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

I had looked at HCC a while back, but the price was prohibitive. More than 250 per week, and they expect you to tip drivers--which the other plans do not. So, that's more than a $100 difference with, say Diet To go.

I'd love to get organic, but $1,000 bucks a month for just me (not counting hubby's food) is way too much.

I didn't like Bistro MD. I hated the boil bags (water often leaked in) and I often microwaved. I didn't like the excessive amount of chicken, either. The beef and pork dishes were nasty. (Oh, and the chicken was injected with something, if I remember reading the menu correctly.)

Overall, not pleased with them.

I am fine with the DTG vegetarian, except I have to make so many substitutions, cause I don't like EVERYTHING. But the fajita omelets are fab with a little salsa and I love artichokes, so that's one of my fave breakfasts. That and the apple pancakes. Yum.

I think I'll keep my fingers crossed that some healthy cooking entrepreneur in my area will decide to give it a go and offer something affordable. I'll happily pick it up myself if it'll save me $16 to $20 bucks a week in deliveries plus tips.

Mir
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #8  

Default Healthy Chef Creations

Hi everyone! I'm new to 3FC and looking for info on Healthy Chef Creations. I've read the posts in this thread and I'm wondering if those of you trying it can give us an update? I've ordered a week of the lunch and dinner ala carte meals and if I like them, I may try the full diet. I think it's expensive, but if it works it will be worth it (and much cheaper than full body liposuction - LOL!)

Good luck to all!

Cathy
4myskinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:36 PM   #9  

Default I'm giving it a try

Thanks drlynn50! I've decided to give the enlighten program a shot and so far I love it. I've only been doing it for three days and the food is absolutely delicious. I also previously ordered a la carte for a week and I agree with you about the hummus - yum! The regular portions were large, as you mentioned, but I wasn't disciplined enough to divide them. I also didn't like that lack of nutrition info. I really like the enlighten program but the cost will keep me from doing it long-term. I signed up for 30 days and if I'm successful I may do another 30 days. After that I'm thinking I will try to cook healthier or maybe order a la carte again.

Thanks again for the info. Good luck to you!

Cathy
4myskinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #10  

Thumbs up A True Treasure! I Love Healthy Chef Creations

I have received several orders & plan on continuing. The meals have been so delicious, wonderfully prepared & full of variety. Every week, I am truly surprised. I love the fact that they use all organic ingredients. Also, customer service has been excellent. This is a true treasure found & highly recommend Healthy Chef Creations!
foodforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 120

Height: 5'5"

I have been using HCC for almost 3 months now, and I love it. It may be a little expensive, but the convenience is worth the money. I don't even have to think about food shopping or portion size which is really helpful to me. For a meal delivery service, I can't believe how fresh the food is. It is important for me to eat organic, but I often struggle finding organic ingredients and I was running from store to store to gather everything! It's nice to know that someone else is running around for me, and all I have to do is eat :-)
Run2Miles4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #12  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Love Healthy Chef Creations! It is expensive, but so good annd so easy. I've been getting lunches and dinners for most of this year (since Jan).
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #13  

Hello: Just completed my first day of health chef creations and the food was really delicious, much better than BistroMD. I signed up for four weeks and if the food continues to be a tasty as today, I will probably continue.
jazzydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #14  

I've heard many great things about them, but I haven't had the opportunity to try them out yet.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/160/150

Height: 5' 9"

I'm starting this diet tomorrow (just received the big box with the first week's meals).

I'm excited - the menus look great and this diet has everything I want and need.

I'll try to update to give folks who may be interested in this program and idea what it's like.

Pros
+ fresh meals (unfrozen, fresh lettuce, etc...)
+ lots of options and customization possible
+ seems to have a huge focus on eating "healthy", organic, and improving your nutrition, not just weight loss
+ the food is not huge portion wise, but it looks like it can easily take me through a day without crisis (we shall see) because it includes extras like health drinks, snacks, and desserts. I was worried, because I'm pretty tall/big naturally and I picked the lower calorie option by mistake so I'm hoping it's enough.

Cons
- expensive
ddovii is offline   Reply With Quote