Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #1  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Question What would you recommend?

Hi All!

I am hoping you guys can help me out. I've been looking at a bunch of online workout video's and I just don't know which is for me. Maybe you have some tips!

The most important thing is that my motorskills aren't very good. I get confused when a move is too complicated or the legs and arms move in a -different- direction. I've had this my entire life and I get so frusterated because a lot of things depend on that. I really have to think so hard to do stuff that to others seems simple.

I want a workout that:
- Strengthens core
- Builds stamina
- Tones a bit
- Burns some calories
- Is between 30 and 60 minutes
- Doesn't require extra equipmend other than what I have: handweights, step-bench, exercise ball

Hope you people have some good tips! Really really has to be simple where it concerns the moves. By simple I don't mean it has to be easy - I don't mind working myself in a sweat or challenging my stamina. I just can't do complicated moves. LOL

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by philana; 02-04-2012 at 06:19 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 137/Ticker/110

Height: 5'4.5

I really love 'Element Ballet'. It consists of only ballet moves though, so if you don't enjoy doing it, I would say it's not for you ^^
But whenever I do the workout, my legs burn like ****! And my heart-rate raises that I can hear it pounding, haha. But maybe it's just for me..
But I guess you could just try it out.

Oh and I also like 'Tracy Anderson Method: Mat Workout'. Except the part after leg workout. She does give very few instructions though, but I like it, I get irritated when people talk a lot in home video workouts. And I also especially like the music. So try it out, or at least first watch it and then decide if it's something for you.
damiilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #3  

Leslie Sansone has a range of DVD's called Walk Away the Pounds, including one that includes hand weights. They range from basic to more advanced and are a decent workout, and very easy to do the moves if you find some excercises difficult to co-ordinate.

collagevideo.com is a website that reviews and rates different fitness dvd's that you might find helpful (each one has reviews from different users as well as a qualified instructor)
move2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'7"

Hands down the BEST DVD I've ever bought and have had amazing results with is The Abs Diet 2 DVD. Its got an orange cover and you can get it from amazon.com for around $9 USD. Its a toning strength training DVD and rotates simple movements for strength, and every other day you can use the cardio portion of the DVD for the amazing HITT workout.
Anagard011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Split Sessions is one of my favorite workouts of 2011. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...-sessions-6000 Kelly is great fun, each workout has a modifier, not too much equipment, and the workouts can either be toned {ha, punny} down or amped up depending on how you feel that day. Split Sessions has 2 -30min main workouts, UB and LB, but also has 7 premixes which mix the workout chapters up to give you the feel of a custom workout. Pretty much I can do each workout with just 2 sets of weights.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 02-08-2012 at 07:42 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #6  
Warrior Princess

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/204/160

Leslie Sansone's DVDs are nice.
The footwork is simple just 4 different moves (walking, kicks, side steps, and knee lifts). If the foot work does get too complicated or she goes too fast you can just go back to walking and you can build up to it.

I got a bunch of them from my local library to try out and see which ones i liked.

Last edited by hhaffner; 02-08-2012 at 10:52 PM.
hhaffner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #8  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I am going to second the vote on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I think its amazing. The only issue is its 25 minutes, but in your case I would just do level two levels back to back (Like level 1 than level 2 for example).
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Kim Lyons is a great total beginner thing.

More the last 4 in the set (green and purple) but it is nice to cruise once thru the blues. Somewhere in there is the starting point for most regardless of age, size or ability.

I agree with previous posters about http://www.collagevideo.com and their ratings of "levels." They seem to be spot on and when I moved to intermediate I went with Kelly Coffey.

Last thing anyone needs is injury by jumping ahead in levels before they are ready.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-09-2012 at 05:29 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote