South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 06:09 AM   #1  
Mous

Talking Wonderful Wednesday at the Beach Daily 7/30

One of the changes I am noticing on the board is your ATTITUDES.
What a great benefit from this program.
We are begining to see the person that has been hidden away for such a long time. I think she amazes us all. When you look into the mirror you now see who you have been all along.

GOOD FOR US!

Wishing you all a happy day, and remember this good feeling the next time you are tempted.

Lady
Old 07-30-2003, 06:27 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Lady. You are the chick who has the best attitude.

I have been a bit down about gaining 3 pounds during the Fair. I weighed this morning (I'm an addict) and am catching your positive attitude when I said to myself "If I'm not down today, I will be down tomorrow!" We are so inclined to put ourselves down and, after 40 years of yo-yo dieting, I am an expert on that!

Today is a day without musts or shoulds! I will make a run to town for groceries - no veggies as my garden is now in production. I truly thought it would never happen but the zucchini, snow peas and yellow beans are started. In a week or so, I'll be complaining about having trouble keeping up with the flow.

I'm off for coffee on the deck with the dogs and then a walk down to the Lake before it gets too hot. Today will definitely be an AC and wading pool day. Hershey gets in the pool and sort of wallows until she is cooled down. She looks like a big black hippo. (The only must for today is weigh her at the vet. I am not expecting a loss but who knows. Maybe she needs Lady to talk to her about attitude! )

Have a beautiful day on The Beach, Beauties.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:40 AM   #3  

Good Morning all!!

Day 2 went much better for me. Not hungry at all. Weighed myself this AM and I am down 1 lb. Now if I can lose .5 a lb. a day that would be great.

Must get ready for work.

Have a great day
Old 07-30-2003, 06:43 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Good Morning Beach Beauties!!

I typed my post, and then did something (I don't know what!) and it disappeared!! So I'm going to try to recreate what I typed....and if another message from me shows up someplace weird, that's why.

I'm so glad yesterday is over. My boss does not have the best people skills, and sometimes she doesn't treat people with the respect that they deserve. Well, yesterday it was my turn to be the target of her "skills". I was angry and upset with her, and my feelings were also hurt (I can tend to be overly sensitive sometimes). My usual response to such situations is to sit and ruminate while reaching for comfort food (sugar!) to try to make myself feel better (which of course it never does). But yesterday I took a 15 minute break and went for a walk around the parking lot (while still ruminating about it). While I was still upset with her, I did feel better about myself.

I pulled out one of my new Pilates tapes last night, and watched it! My next step is to actually try it. It actually was really interesting, and I think once I get the hang of it I'll enjoy it.

Have a Great Day at the Beach girls!!
Old 07-30-2003, 06:47 AM   #5  

Good Morning everyone! I'm expecting a great day at the Beach today. I weigh myself tomorrow and I don't want a couple of little screw-ups this week to get me. I actually turned down a Pepperidge Farm Cho/Macadamia Cookie yesterday
Well, it's 6:30 a.m. here..got to get my DD to Volleyball Camp and then sit around for some furniture to be delivered "somewhere between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m." Don't you love those exact times?!
Have a good one everybody
Sandi
Old 07-30-2003, 06:53 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning darlings!!

Coton, get in here! You're doing SO well, hon... keep it up!!

Lady, you are a wonderful mentor to wake up to.

Ruth, good attitude change! Have fun at the lake, sweetie!

ZuzeQ, good luck on day 3! You're doing great!

Hello to everyone on their way to the Beach.
Have a wonderful day... I'm off to make breakfast for a friend...
Old 07-30-2003, 07:43 AM   #7  
Imagine...

Morning all!

Well I finally stopped talking about exercise and did some...I took our dog "Reggie" for a 20 minute walk last night. We both had a blast!

Lady ~ Ditto on the great attitude! thanks for all your support. I have noticed that when we support others its hard to be so negative to yourself.

Ruth ~ Enjoy the lake!

Ellis ~ How nice of you to make breakfast, feel free to make mine anytime. hehehe

Sandilu ~ Good job with the cookie!

2Dog~ I do the same thing! I always watch the tapes first.

Zuze~ Way to go! Every pound adds up. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-30-2003, 07:54 AM   #8  
Imagine...

BoBo~ You are the first person I've ever spoken to that knows were Hazlehurst is! I have family there but have not seen them in a few years. Have a great day you Georgia Peach!
Old 07-30-2003, 07:54 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies

Lady~~Thanks for always starting our day and thread with a positive and encouraging thought.

LMC~~Good going on passing up all those bad snacks. You are in power now!!!

Ellis~~Enjoy your breakfast with your friend (and be good )

Sflake~~good going on the exercise

2Dog~~Watching is the first step....one step at a time

sandi~~Way to go tuning down the cookies

SuzeQ~~Alittle at a time and it all adds up to a smaller you

Ruth~~keep up the great attitude and enjoy your day

Today I have an appt for a hair color consult (want more high-lights, see the dentist about my teeth bleaching that I've been doing ~ ready to go to the next concentration , and then go furniture shopping for the family room that we've been finishing. Please, don't rain today :
Old 07-30-2003, 08:39 AM   #10  

All I am going to do today is clean my house....it is a mess and I can't stand that....and I am out of artifical sweetener!! That is MAJOR!!! Have a good day beachers!! I have a busy day....would you believe no company coming this weekend??? YET!!
Old 07-30-2003, 08:50 AM   #11  

Talking Day 10 for me!!

Hi Chicksters...

I love getting into work and starting my day at the beach...
You guys are the best..
Today is day 10 for me....I've been doing really well, but I scale hopped and I'm not impressed... I've actually gained 1.5 lbs and I'm eating everything correctly. (hoping it water weight and I'll have a swoooshhhh...)

But I'm in this for life...so no stopping me...

Lady...you are very motivating and inspirational...thank you

Ruth...Enjoy the day with the "girls" and send over some things from the garden when you have some stuff...

ZuzeQ...Keep up the great work...you're doing great

TwoDogMom...Good for you for taking a walk and not giving in to sugar... Can't wait to hear about the pilates!!

Sandi... Pat on the back for turning down the cookie...They are my FAVORITE..

Ellis...Hope all is well...and I'll take a veggie omelet...

Snflake....Congrats on the 20 min walk..feels so good..huh?
2BFIT....I love "me" days....love getting hair done and taking care of myself...good for you...

Hello to all newbies and anyone I might have missed...
The list is sooooo long....and it's GREAT!!!

Di
Old 07-30-2003, 09:11 AM   #12  

Good morning Ladies!

my yesterday was alright.. I worked 2 hours and cam ehome with that darned migraine again... I am hoping its work related.

All I can do is keep on keepin on.. and pray that the fat keeps on gettin off!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:11 AM   #13  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Good Morning to all u Beach Babes!
  • Enjoyed reading all ur posts yesterday,some of u r a hoot and a hollar
  • 2BFIT1~Thanks for ur help yesterday,went and got a book on computers for dummies yesterday,,I already typed my post for this a.m. and whip'd it out,,hope i figure it out today!!
  • ELLIS AND WINDSONG~U girls must get up at the crack of dawn,,ur post always make my day,,
  • SANDILU~kudos on no cookies yesterday,lol on ur day to weigh
  • NEWBIES~Great big welcome,,this board has been a great inspiration for me
  • TWODOGMOM~LIFE'S A BEACH AND THEN U RETIRE,never let ego maniac bosses lower ur self esteem,,if it wasnt for u they wldnt even have a job,haha
  • ZUZEQ~Superior attitude,lol today
  • RUTHXXX~Fair days r ur past,bet they want sneek up on u again
  • SFLAKE~I finally started walking last week for exercise after sitting on my backside for a long long time,,it gets in ur blood once u start
  • I am starting wk2,ph1 today w/9lbs left behind to week 1,,Wow,I actually have ribs and hipbones!
  • LOTS OF LUCK AND HAVE A BEACHIN DAY TODAY!!!
GOFISHIN

Last edited by gofishin50; 07-30-2003 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:14 AM   #14  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Default OOPS!!

MY COMPUTER SKILLS STILL NEED A LITTLE TWEEKING! GOFISHIN
Old 07-30-2003, 09:36 AM   #15  

Good Morning to all the peeps on the beach!!! Well I have made it through two days and am beggining day 3. I do feel sea sick from the beach...a little light-headedness and headaches..I was feeling all smug thinking I would bypass that since I gave up sugar and refined carbs two years ago, but I guess not. When does it go away? I am still sticking to it though. Some of your stories have been inspirational and are helping me stay on track. Have a fab day!!!
Closed Thread