Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Default Measurement Question

So, I finally lost my water weight. I'm back down to 193, which I guess is where I stay. I hope I get another whoosh!

I have a question though - is it possible your stomach looks smaller and your pants fit better, but your measurements do not change? I had that phenomenon happen today. I could visibly see that it was smaller and my tightest pants weren't tight on my waist.

Has anyone heard/had this happen to them?

Thanks
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

YES, I have heard this referred to as weight adjustment, and/or fat re-alignment; meaning as you are losing weight, your shape is changing (or morphing, if you like). I believe while we are losing weight, our body composition is constantly changing, whether we notice it or not, but then suddenly -- you will see a drop in lbs and/ inches ~ and there's your proof!

That's why people's faces and their body shapes appear so differently after they have lost weight; sometimes, they don't look like the same person ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-04-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #3  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
YES, I have heard this referred to as weight adjustment, and/or fat re-alignment; meaning as you are losing weight, your shape is changing (or morphing, if you like). I believe while we are losing weight, our body composition is constantly changing, whether we notice it or not, but then suddenly -- you will see a drop in lbs and/ inches ~ and there's your proof!

That's why people's faces and their body shapes appear so differently after they have lost weight; sometimes, they don't look like the same person ...
I really really hope so, thank you Since you know of it, do you know why it doesn't show in measurements?

I noticed my fat is more squishy, which I hear means that you lost fat and its cells are filled with water until it comes out.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I've noticed this too. I think part of it is that you might have lost somewhere else besides where you're measuring, hence, the appearance of looking smaller. So maybe you didn't lose at your natural waist but slightly above or below and then you look smaller there?

Also, I have also experienced becoming less dense. So basically I measure the same but I can squish my fat more. Sometimes I'll see how tight I can pull the measuring tape just for fun (and it does seem to change even when the measurements don't).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote