Old 02-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Exclamation RAHHHHH!!! Need support and encouragement.

Seriously! Do you ever have one of those days when your cant deal with anything. Its like every little thing annoys you? Im on Day 5 and down another pound. Life is great..but its like my house is a mess and its bugging the crap out of me and on top of it im craving everything in sight today!!! everything i cant even see im craving!!!!

Anyone else like this on day 5?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

For some strange reason I also feel like this and I am on day thirty something...

I am going to try to have a cup of tea and refocus. Hope you can too!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #3  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Some days are just tough.... I am in my second month and I feel like crap today. I have a headache, I'm tired, and I have no patience for anything. The smallest things are making me angry! Also, I haven't been losing weight over the last two weeks either (-0.6lbs) which is really making me upset, disappointed, and mad. I am trying to get a better attitude because the negativity is making me want to cheat. Why not? I'm not losing weight anyway....

Anyway, its nice to know other people are having an off day too. Maybe it's the full moon! haha

Hang in there....
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Seriously! Do you ever have one of those days when your cant deal with anything. Its like every little thing annoys you? Im on Day 5 and down another pound. Life is great..but its like my house is a mess and its bugging the crap out of me and on top of it im craving everything in sight today!!! everything i cant even see im craving!!!!

This diet...like any diet...like life...is like a roller coaster...ups and downs! I'm in my third month and last week was torture...I just wanted it all to be over and with the support of my husband, and this site I kept focused and stayed on track. Just know you are not alone...and it will get better...and then of course it will get worse... and then better!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

This sounds very familiar to the other times you have started this plan Port. You really need to tell yourself this is it and get busy with something else and power through the frost 3-4 weeks and then it will become habit and you will see fantastic loses that will encourage you more. If your house is a mess, sounds like cleaning it spotless would be a win/win for you. You would be distracted, burn some calories and have a clean house. Do you really want this? Because if you really want this, you will do it and quit making excuses and get busy! Go for it girl! You also live in one of the most beautiful areas of thevworld- go for a nice long walk.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #6  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
This sounds very familiar to the other times you have started this plan Port. You really need to tell yourself this is it and get busy with something else and power through the frost 3-4 weeks and then it will become habit and you will see fantastic loses that will encourage you more. If your house is a mess, sounds like cleaning it spotless would be a win/win for you. You would be distracted, burn some calories and have a clean house. Do you really want this? Because if you really want this, you will do it and quit making excuses and get busy! Go for it girl! You also live in one of the most beautiful areas of thevworld- go for a nice long walk.
Your post totally helped me switch my mind frame. Your totally right! I really want this.... I need to quit making excuses and get busy
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I am always extremely irritated when my house is a mess.
This has nothing to do with being on IP.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #8  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

i agree with Pat that IP and a messy house doesnt really go together...but im in it to win it..and someone told me "it works if you work it , its worth it" anyone else hear this before? i like the saying..

Im feeling better actually... i discovered by putting music on, it actually helped..If anyone is blue, they should listen to some John Mayer, cause it lifted my spirits...

And your right DETERMINED...(like your name by the way)...we do live in a beautiful place..and yes..a walk does sound lovely on this sunshiney day..

Is there some truth to the first four weeks being the hardest?? Im not cheating... i havent cheated..and im not going to cheat..I dont want to. Its not worth it... Ive learned not to sabatoge it...

Thank you everyone for your support. I needed it greatly..I feel a lot better..and im going to be continuing on plan..Im going to do this!!...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Ok then Port, no more talk about how irritable and defeated that you feel- only positive vibes from now on. Give it 4 weeks- I don't know about the first 4 weeks being the hardest- there are hard days throughout but by 1 month, you see enough weight loss and feel better in your clothes enough to become highly encouraged. I personally think maintenance is the hardest phase for me so far- just figuring it out, but you can cross that bridge when you get to it. You just need to have the mindset that this is what you are doing and that is that. Period.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #10  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

I find if I stay on scedule and try to have all meals at the same time it helps and then staying busy has helped me not think so much about "junk" food and cravings! I'm sure there will be many bad days but in the begining it's hard becuse you are only a few days in so quiting seem "not so bad" becuse you haven't really commited yet..... but you have and not giving in the next day feels sooooo goood!!! To have another OP day and know that it will come off in the WI (eventually) is so worth it hang in there everyone!!! I know I almost gave in on day 6 and I'm so happy I changed my out look and stuck with it! ONE DAY AT A TIME!
100poundfreeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #11  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Maybe try cooking for yourself too- even if it means ignoring the mess. Tonight I made myself extra-lean hamburger and 1 cup mushrooms and 1 cup /zucchinni sauted together with 1tsp evoo. It was yum. My house is still a mess but I feel nourished. Just keep doing it. Forever! Be the true you, the healthy you.
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote