Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #1  
GET IT!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/170

Height: 5'11" age: 24

Default Can I just say...

how much I HATE starting a new diet?!

I try really hard to think of it as exciting, like it's a new adventure/journey but the first week is so hard! Have headaches all day, I'm so tired, and hungry. Detox sucks. I know by this time next week it will be easier but I HOPE IT CAN MAKE IT!

Haha, just needed to vent.
katiekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #2  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

You're right, you will feel better in the end. Just be strong and visualize the results that you're hoping to achieve. You can do it!!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

Hi We have very close stats!

I hear ya! It's so hard. I've finally found a diet lifestyle that I can easily stick with, but getting there was really difficult! Just keep plugging along once you see a little loss, you'll get a little more motivation I'm sure.
FatToFitWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/154.8/139

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Agreed. The first few days are always so hard. It will be so worth it in the end, though
emmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Hang in there You know it gets easier. After a few weeks you've slipped into a new lifestyle. Good luck. You got this
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #6  
weigh-in Wednesday :D

S/C/G: 255/250/175

Height: 5'10.5"

Wow, KatieKay and FatToFit...we are all so close in height and weight! When did you start? When do you weigh in? I started on the 1st, so my next WI is on the 8th.

I totally get that struggle of the first few days of dieting. I just started back on my DIY version of Ideal Protein/South Beach. The first two days of carb craving and mood swings are terrible.

As for my version of the diet, my caloric intake isn't quite as low as IP but still plenty low enough that I should be shedding pounds...as of this morning I was down 3 pounds! Woohoo for me

I am planning cheats already though. I know it sounds bad but I have a couple birthday cheats planned this week and then back on plan! I'll be quite happy if I can maintain my 3 pound loss over the next two days...going for a tea party with the kiddos for my early bday lunch with the kiddos tomorrow and then I make a super awesome cake so I'm going to have a slice of that on tuesday for my birthday treat, then I plan to give it all to my daycare provider Totally not planning on having whole day cheats, I will try to compensate for increased carbs but I am going to savor my two cheats!

It was kind of nice having the planned cheats though, it really helped get me through the first couple of days a little easier than past attempts.
AmberN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I hear you - but you will get through this. Once you get over the initial hump it'll get easier and you'll feel so much better!!
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #8  
GET IT!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/170

Height: 5'11" age: 24

Thank you everyone! It's getting a little easier everyday!

I started last Tuesday but I made a couple modifications the next couple of days so I think I officially started on Friday, which is my weigh in day.

I think planned cheats are really smart. I decided to make Sundays my "eat whatever" (I mean not like a big mac but you know) day cause I heard that it can help you stay on track and also shock your metabolism (anyone else heard this?), but I guess we'll see. I don't want to go out and eat super bad but I guess I mean it will just be a day I'm more relaxed about how many calories I eat. I was thinking I would do that and work out extra hard on Mondays. If it interferes with my weight loss I'm definitely not doing it though!!

I'm anxious to weigh in on Friday. Since I'm heavy and this is my first week I'm hoping for at least a 5 pound weight loss! Somethin to jumpstart some more motivation.

Thanks again, Friends!!
katiekay is offline   Reply With Quote