Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #1  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Slow Dancing with A Stranger {7} "Freestyle"

Hi Everyone
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread 2 times a month (around the 1st and 15th of the month) to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #2  
~Krystal~

Well, since so many of us have been doing our "own thing" lately, I thought it most appropriate to name this dance "Freestyle".

{Free*Style}, via "Urban Dictionary"
1. The music first developed in the early 1980's primarily in major cities like the New York, Philadelphia, and New Jersey area of the Eastern United States of America. It was a fusion of 70's disco and 80's break dancing music, influenced also by sampling found in Hip-Hop.
2. Refers to music (usually rap and sometimes techno) where everything is made up as they go along. In rap, people make up lyrics as they go along, but in techno, the DJ improvises beats and mixes songs on the spot.
3. A move in sports (especially extreme sports) where someone pulls off a stunt that doesn't really follow any guidelines for any regular move.

"Freestyle" forms of dancing can be extremely fun.

Within the next few days, think about your particular plan. Is it working? Is your exercise plan working? Is it boring? Have you become so accustomed to a routine that you need a little "freestyle" mix-up, so to speak?

Structured plans have a place in each of our successes, but even the best laid-out plan can become monotonous and leave us yearning for an exit out of it.

Consider this: You'll be surprised what you can accomplish when quitting is no longer an option!!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Well, you all were correct. A lot of my weight gain from that 18 day pig out that I went on was water retention. I am down 7 pounds from yesterday!

Lets see now, I gained 10 pounds during the 18 days and lost 7 pounds since yesterday. It would appear that my actual weight gain was 3 pounds and the rest was water weight??

Could it be possible that I was that lucky???
Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Well, you all were correct. A lot of my weight gain from that 18 day pig out that I went on was water retention. I am down 7 pounds from yesterday!

Lets see now, I gained 10 pounds during the 18 days and lost 7 pounds since yesterday. It would appear that my actual weight gain was 3 pounds and the rest was water weight??

Could it be possible that I was that lucky???
Yes sir!!!

I actually think I gained more than you and my pigout was not with a capitol P, just a little p, so hows that for even luckier? Hehe, I am happy for you that you are back on plan and feeling good about things again! :hugs:
Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #5  

Had a great on plan day yesterday, stuck to all my goals, have to go back and re-arrange my dinner though, I keep pre logging a side salad with dressing and croutons and then forget to make the darn thing. That happened 2 days now. Tonight I will have my salad!!!! I just end up eating a little more of the main dish to make up for it.
I also did my walk and my weight routine. I am following the New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLW) and am liking it so far. This is my first week.
Today is walk and then a short set of running intervals for some extra fat burn.
So I peeked at the scale today and find myself about 5 pounds up from my low, not too bad. Plus I am really sore from lifting and TOM is getting ready to leave, so I hope when I officially weigh on Sunday (spike day), I will be even closer to where I should be. Why can't I remember how hard it is to lose weight and yet I keep insisting on losing some of the most stubborn pounds twice?????? On a more positive note, one week of on plan exercising and I feel and look better, like everything starts tightening back up right away. Could be getting rid of water weight or it could be the muscles holding water, but whatever it is, I like it a lot better than feeling all jiggly and out of shape.

I love the freestyle idea. I am always improvising and making things up as I go. I guess I fit in this week with starting the new weight lifting routine.

Hope everyone has a great day. I think I may do more relaxing than usual today after I get my workouts in, so I should be able to pop back in. I have been on the go nonstop and I am feeling it, need to slow down today.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Hello Larry, Sum, princess, jo, Krystal. alaskan,

Congrats on your successes and cheering all of you who have stumbled.

I couldn't get into this site yesterday. It took ages to get the front page to load. Defraged, but online is still slow.

I have either been on plan or maintaining in the last couple of days.
However, insomnia visted and I didn't sleep a wink on Monday/Tuesday. Also, I'm still dealing with IBS and a host of stomach issues, like my ulcer acting up. I plan to get some probiotics at the drug store on Saturday. I think it will help.

My body has been hanging on to what seems like gallons of water for some time, so I'm hoping for a big whoosh after my stomach issues are resolved.

Anyway Today I will stick to 1400 to 1500 cals. Yesterday I did 1660.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #7  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Hello Ladies and Larry!

I am totally bloated from my yesterday's disaster Scale stayed at 153, I was worried it was going to be far more...

Today back being OP. We walked 6.7 miles this morning. -- Funny, two months ago, when I recommitted, I was really struggling with my walking. I really pushed myself each day; I was soaking wet after each walk and sore and tired. Today we walked nearly 7 miles averaging 4.1 mph and it felt we were doing a casual stroll. Tomorrow we will add some running I am ready to up my game.

We are leaving for our annual ski trip in a week. This time Winter Park, CO. I am hoping to find some great hill paths to hike on I am ready! I won't ski. My ankle has those darn pins and I can't find comfortable ski boots.

I am off to get some errands done.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Scale moved down to 184 this morning. I think its in love with me because it's been bending over backwards to please me for the past few days. Good luck, everyone on finishing this week the best you can. And, when you get a chance, please check out my mini-goal (overweight BMI!) pics here .

Last edited by princessgina00; 02-03-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #9  
~Krystal~

GINA!!! I am in AWE!! Your story is just AMAZING!!
I'm so delighted you're a part of our thread.
Thank you SOOOOO much for sharing a small glimpse into your life with us.
I am continually amazed by the positiveness this forum provides!
YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #10  
~Krystal~

Well ladies and Larry, I have not forgotten about any of you and will personally respond to each of your post eventually.
It's like this sometimes & fortunately, we have all been at this place.

I have eaten so much processed food this week in the form of chips and bean dip, it's actually unbelievable! Top that off with 2 breaded chicken strips for dinner Thurs. night and you just described a perfect combination for DISASTER!

Cravings are coming soon, no doubt. that they won't, but I'm expecting it

Thursday, DH and I took our babs to the lake. He has never been with us before. He was shocked I go there alone. I explained to him that Riv and I usually run between 2.5-4.5 miles, including the levee hill. It's all about progressing and pushing myself farther than I would on my
Bless his heart--he doesn't get it. (That sounded real country, didn't it!!)

So, anyway....I work tonight & the BIG game is Sunday. He wants to have a mini-party at our house. Why??
Great Day!
We watch 1 pro game a yr & this is it! I could see it if UT were playing in a bowl and we had a BIG party.
Whatever!
I'll do it, just to be nice.

I'm expecting a gain tomorrow and Saturday for from last week.
BU friggin HU!
Seriously, NO MORE VINO FOR ME (for a little while anyway).

We'll see....

HAPPI FRIDAY, EVERYONE!!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #11  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Okay...the good, the bad and the ugly.

I gained 1 pound in January BUT, over all it was not a bad month.
I lost 1 inch of my chest
I lost 1 1/2 inches of my waist
I lost 1/2 inch of my hips.

I burned over 10 000 calories by walking.
I walked 123.2 miles.

I ate OP 26/31 days.

-----

I think I lost fat and gained muscle; hence the pound.

I want to be sad about the scale...but I am trying to focus on positive. I am happy about the inches lost.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Sum Great January for you. Those numbers are impressive and I agree with you I believe you lost fat and added muscle.

princessgina00 Congrats on the loss!!

forloveofself I hope your stomach issues are getting better. it is hard to stay motivated when you are not feeling well.

jomatho I agree with you I like this "Free Style" theme as I am also always trying something new in my weight loss quest. My problem in doing that is I tend to forget that "Consistency"is vital to success in dieting. I have to find a balance somewhere in the middle. I tend to be a person of extremes rather than balance.

Krystal Here is some to help your stay away from processed food

Wow!! Another 6 pounds lost today to 212. It is obviously mostly water weight but I am enjoying the down hill slide while it lasts.

The really weird thing about this is that I pigged out for 18 days and gained 10 pounds. Now I have lost 13 pounds in 3 days. I am at a lower weight than I was at before my almost 3 week long binge. My body sure does some strange things

Larry
Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #13  

Hi all!

I am a little late checking in today, quick, busy morning.

Got in my walk this morning and my 3rd weight lifting workout of the week, which was my goal. I have one more day of intervals to get in (tomorrow) and will have met that goal too. Sunday will be my rest day (and Spike day).

I messed up on my calories yesterday. It was supposed to be a lower calorie day (around 1200), but I ended up at 1800+. Oops. My mistake was I ate dinner before checking to see where I was at or how many calories were in the stuffed peppers I made. I usually check before dinner every day so I know what I have to work with. Live and learn. I'm not too worried, I have been having some big burns this week, so being a little off of the daily cals is not going to make or break my plan.

Larry, good for you!!! Under your pre-piggout weight is amazing! Maybe you should look into the Spike Diet. It sounds as if your body responds well to a re-feeding.

Sum, those numbers are impressive. The inches are what everyone else sees, not the number on the scale, so I would take that and run with it!!!!! That must be why those smaller jeans are fitting you now!

Krystal, sorry the processed food is kicking your butt. Probably really salty and carby too, give yourself a few days to even back out. I have to officially face the scale on Sunday too and will be changing my ticker to whatever it says. Looking like it will be about 5-6 pounds up from my low, so BU friggin HU for me too I feel ya!

Love, this site give me loading problems too. This is the only site on the net that gives me issues, don't know what it is. I used to use Explorer which was terrible on this site and switched to Firefox which seemed to help for a while, but now I get loading issues occasionally. Not sure if the site gets bogged down or what. I have adblocker on so I don't think it is an ad issue. Any whoo, I hope your stomach issues are better soon!

Gina, WTG on the weight loss and reaching a new mini goal! Heading over to look at your pics now!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #14  
~Krystal~

Not too much damage: up 0.4. Could have been worse
Old 02-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Not too much damage: up 0.4. Could have been worse
That's great news!
Closed Thread