Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default *** February Chat ***

New and shorter month although February always SEEMS long to me. I guess that's because of the cruddy weather and spring seeming so far away.

A shocking 2.5 this morning and I have no idea why. I even went way off program last night and snacked on Honeycomb cereal. Juice and toast should put the reading back up but methinks gym is a no go this morning.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

wow ruth, its really up and down isn't it? are you still taking glyburide? YOu so rarely have highs, but lows aren't so uncommon for you.
mine was 5.2 this am but I had my snack at midnight after an evening playing and singing at the pub. kept to perrier to drink and didn't eat there. My chicken pot pie for supper was wonderful and filled the niche I needed filled, but was 10 points even in my homemade slimmed down version. FInished the week with 14 flexpoints left and didn't touch any activity points. Did get my ski in yesterday, but the chinook came in and has taken away most of the snow. SO today I go to hot yoga for an hour. Well, off to the dentist, happy hump day friends
Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

February 1st is my DD birthday. Don't get to see her as she lives in Arkansas. Will call her later. I'm starting today out with a new low finally. FBG is down a little more too. I guess my body has done a big flip flop on me. It seems that the fiber breakfast instead of a low carb/protein breakfast works better for my FBG. Would seem that my body prefers the WW P+ way of eating with more fiber complex carbs to the Atkins way of eating. I don't care as long as it works. I know this can't last forever and somewhere along the way things will slow down, but I'm losing about a pound a day. I will gladly take it for now since I've had such a difficult time losing for so long. I'm only eating my recommended Daily pts most days. Just don't seem to need more. I do eat a lot of veggie soups, salads and fruit.

I was supposed to go to the doctor today, but had to change it to Friday. They change DD days every 5 weeks since they do 5 week semesters at a time. She only has Friday afternoons off for this 5 weeks. I needed the extra time any way. I did some reading in her drugs study book. I wanted to get the doc to change me from Metformin to something else, but I think I've changed my mind. I found that you can get hypoglycemic reactions with Met like I do sometimes because I take CQ 10 and chromium. Although I do want to continue taking it, I won't take them with the Metformin. I also read (and Mad may have told me this) that it depletes B-12. So I took my B-12 last night when I went to bed with the OTC prevention of leg cramps and had no problems with my legs this morning. The doc had given me the option of going to 2000 mg of Met if my body could handle it so he won't be surprised or upset that I've had to lower it back to 1000 mg. I also believe that my WW P+ will eventually help me get the FBG down to normal. I have stopped the fenofibrate and reading the info on it, I'm sure that is what caused DH problems and was the reason my legs ached all the time. That is bad stuff. Even DD teacher at school said it was the worse medicine out there and it never helps but makes things worse. Neither DH or I should have ever been on that medicine plus I learned that it should not be taken with Warfarin which DH is on for lifetime. So I needed these extra days to know what I want to tell doc.

Ruthie These ole bodies sure seem to have minds of their own don't they? About the time we think we know how they work they change on us.

Well, I'm running late. I'm doing Intuitive Eating with my group on WW online and had to read a chapter out of the book we are going to be discussing today.

Fatmad, Rie, Bonnie, Chipper and others hope I didn't miss anyone -Hi

Have a gread Feb 1st!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Just a brief stop by here this morning.

fbs at 80 and I did an hour of walkitout. Today is a long day for me and I am packing salad for my supper at pool league. My scale is still mocking me with unreasonable numbers but I am keeping the faith. It almost feels as if my body is fighting me on my goal of getting out of the 170's. Grrr.

Ruth, shocking low... are you still taking the glyperide? Take care.

Trish, anything that gets the scale dropping is good! Yay!

Mad, I know that you love your yoga, enjoy.

Sorry for those I am missing. Gotta run.

Rie
Old 02-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
wow ruth, its really up and down isn't it? are you still taking glyburide? YOu so rarely have highs, but lows aren't so uncommon for you.
mine was 5.2 this am but I had my snack at midnight after an evening playing and singing at the pub. kept to perrier to drink and didn't eat there. My chicken pot pie for supper was wonderful and filled the niche I needed filled, but was 10 points even in my homemade slimmed down version. FInished the week with 14 flexpoints left and didn't touch any activity points. Did get my ski in yesterday, but the chinook came in and has taken away most of the snow. SO today I go to hot yoga for an hour. Well, off to the dentist, happy hump day friends
Mad - I would love to have the recipe for the pot pie if you don't mind. That is one of those things DH and I both would enjoy. Good job with the points. You are doing really well.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #6  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey ladies a quick stop here so we finally were able too get the girls their iPods they wanted for Christmas . Then hubby susprised me the next day with one for me . Things here are going ok still need to get my tail in gear. But all is good. Time to go shopping again . I hope all is doing good I will try to check back soon
Old 02-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to see Bonnie popping in.

BGL fine this morning, in fact a bit high at 6.5. Yes, I am still taking glyburide but only half of the 2.5 prescribed. Cutting it out completely does seem to cause a bit of a rise in FBGL. Yesterday's low was nuts given what I'd eaten. I am wondering about my meter.

Off to the city (Brockville) for a haircut this morning and will pick up some produce when I'm there. I am madly in love with roasted Brussels sprouts these days and need to stock up. Cauliflower is good that way too. These are two veggies that I've never liked until I discovered roasting.

I'm hoping Wiarton Willie (and his American cousins) do not see their shadows today as I'm ready for Spring.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #8  
Madeleine

Hey BOnnie: hope you are sticking to eating plan even if you can't exercise as much these days. Hellos to Trish and Rie and Ruth.
Had my weigh in last night at ww, was down 2 pounds. DIfferent leader, liked her better, better meeting overall. the first leader is back next week, if I don't like the meeting may go elsewhere. Although I am getting to know and like a couple of women at the meeting, that may keep me there. A few others are from out in the sticks like me.
Have to make and pack food for tomorrow, am working teaching a day long workshop, and they always supply food, but want my mains measured out and will bring my own salad dressing measured out too. I am doing too well to mess up just because I can't control whats for dinner.
So far so good, I could keep this up.
FBS was 4.9 today (hurray). I had one pc blood sugar that was 6.9, so won't repeat that meal, (pea soup with a sandwich, regular ww bread.) so Yes, bread still causes some spikes, not as bad as it used to be, but controllable. I got this bread called p28 that has lots of protein and whole grains, doesn't cause a spike.
see you later ladies
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #9  

Good Morning Friends!

fbs at 77 this morning after a restful night's sleep. I did my weight lifting routine this morning. I use light weights and do many reps, including lots of core work. I am determined to stay the course with this workout, although I really prefer cardio... But I am strong enough these days to do planks and pushups and I do 100 crunches. Yay.

Mad, Yay for you on the 2 pounds! It sounds like you are enjoying the plan. I am so happy for you. What kind of bread are you eating? I just can't eat bread without a spike.

Ruth, we are all ready for spring. "Phil" saw his shadow here in the states. But, our winter has been so weird - who knows?

Bonnie, nice to hear from you. Enjoy your new toy

Trish, It sure is hard when we get medicine that seems to cause more problems. I hope it gets better for you.

Well, I need to run... Have a great day!

Rie
Old 02-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon Chickies,

A quick flyby here as I have to leave in a few minutes to get DGD from school. Didn't have much sleep last night and was really mad when I got up this morning. In fact, I have called a family meeting for this Saturday. I informed DD, DGS, youngest DGD, and hubby that we are having one. I am running over with fed up. I didn't know until 4 am when DH came to bed that the 12 yr old DGD wasn't going to school today. It has obviously been known for some time and I should have been told so I could have gone to the doctor. I think they purposely didn't tell me because she is the one who is lazy and for some reason is allowed to stay up all night and do absolutely "nothing". Everyone of them is going to be at the meeting because I am doing 98% of the work, we are paying all the bills and they couldn't work things out for me to go to the doctor? I couldn't get an appointment until 3 pm tomorrow and I want a morning appointment so won't be going. So wish me luck. I want to be fair, but firm. They are going to have to make some kind of decision. DH admits that this is the reason his stomach is tied up in knots. He wants to sell the house and get a smaller place. We can't do the lawn any more and no one else wants to do it and we don't have the money to have it done any more. Will be interesting to see how things go.

Sorry, just had to get it out of my system.

Otherwise eating is good. Mad I'm finding WW very doable myself.

Y'all have a great day. I'll try to BBL got to run.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #11  
Madeleine

Trish: so sorry things are still difficult at home. I suspect things will stay difficult until they go. How long is DD course? You can't keep this up for 2 years.
RIe: You are doing so well, hope things keep going well. You had that stress at the end of last year, but you seem to have gotten back to normal.
DH wanted tacos tonight, and I carefully portioned everything out and could still only have 2 tacos. Not too filling, so will have to use a couple of flex points or will be hungry all night.
ttfn
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #12  

Fatmad - Congratulations on the 2 lb loss. So happy for you. DD school is a 14 mos and we still have 11 more before she graduates and then she will have to have time to get a job so they can move. There is no way that we that we can foot all these bills with no help for another year or longer. I just don't see why they don't GET IT!!! DH told her before they moved here that they needed to be sure that they could do their part financially because we get so much money a month and we were bearly making it with just the 2 of us and that there is no way we could let them live here without them doing their part financially. We told her and told her that before they moved here and after. Her school does 5 week semesters and things change every 5 weeks making it very difficult to plan things. Since she and DH never follow rules even in everyday life, I see know way that the kids will ever follow them. Not sure how all this is going to turn out. I told everyone concerned that I did not want to do this when we first started talking about it because I've never known it to work, but we were manipulated into being made to feel like we had no choice. One way or another it will work out... just hope we are still speaking when it does since it is family. The amazing thing is that all the ladies at the church have told me in front of her that they would never do it with their kids. She had an excellent job and fantastic boss in FL and her DH could have had this job he has here in FL, but I think she wanted to go back to school so bad that she didn't care who had to suffer to do it and she still doesn't. DH told me today that "she is going to have to go to work... that's all there is to it".

Mad, I love tacos too. I make them at home for DH when he feels like eating them and I make a taco salad for myself. Been a long time since I made it so not sure what the pts are. Do you use the etools that came with your membership? I've used the recipe builder a few times and will have to use it to build a taco salad recipe and see how many pts it is. I've used it make recipes to only find that I didn't want to spend the pts.

Didn't do well with my eating because I was sick all day. Woke up early with a headache and still haven't gotten rid of it completely. Caught myself emotionally eating because of the emotional feelings, but I think I did stop myself before I did too much damage... I stood in the kitchen starting to grab something else to eat and realized what I was doing and actually talked out loud to myself talking me out of it. I honestly think I could have eat everything in the house. I know it is just the way I felt. I am proud of myself for stopping before it got too bad. I consider that a real accomplishment for me.

Bonnie - So good to hear from you. It sounds like things are looking up for you and your family. I'm so glad for you.

Rie - Good for you with your workout. But I am strong enough these days to do planks and pushups and I do 100 crunches. WOW and I have a hard time doing any kind of exercise.

Ruthie - I've never had roasted brussel sprouts. I've been thinking about buying fresh ones instead of frozen asyou can't always get good frozen ones.

Y'all have a good night and I'll catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #13  
Madeleine

HI all: so the 3 point granola bar before bed is the thing. fbs 4.9 today. This is the third time under 5 this week. Unprecedented. Still have to be careful of pc sugars and make sure I am stable there with my higher carb diet. Scale inching down, will soon be true to ticker again. Off to work early today, teaching at a workshop in Kitchener.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #14  

Happy Friday!

I woke this morning with an fbs of 87, feeling a little tired and achy. I have some mild cold symptoms - I hope it is not the bug that has been going around my work. Zinc and vitamin c are already on board this morning. I did 75 minutes of walkitout and I am going to make some chicken soup with very low cal veggies to sip throughout the day. I plan to eat very low calorie to cycle for a couple of days. I know that the superbowl party will involve treats so this seems like a good time to go low.

Mad, it sounds like you are really getting the hang of the weight watchers thing. Good for you! I hope that training goes well today.

Trish, most people have to work while they attend college. Just saying.... Good luck.

Ruth, I told my ds to find some brussels sprouts for roasting. It seems that there are many veggies that I would never touch before but now that I have discovered roasting, I will eat them all!

Off to face the day. Later!

Rie
Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #15  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Happy Friday!

I woke this morning with an fbs of 87, feeling a little tired and achy. I have some mild cold symptoms - I hope it is not the bug that has been going around my work. Zinc and vitamin c are already on board this morning. I did 75 minutes of walkitout and I am going to make some chicken soup with very low cal veggies to sip throughout the day. I plan to eat very low calorie to cycle for a couple of days. I know that the superbowl party will involve treats so this seems like a good time to go low.

Mad, it sounds like you are really getting the hang of the weight watchers thing. Good for you! I hope that training goes well today.

Trish, most people have to work while they attend college. Just saying.... Good luck.

Ruth, I told my ds to find some brussels sprouts for roasting. It seems that there are many veggies that I would never touch before but now that I have discovered roasting, I will eat them all!

Off to face the day. Later!

Rie
hope your cold doesn't get too bad. Lots of fluids now!

Yes, I am getting the hang of ww, with some tweaking to make sure I am "lower" carb and low glycemic carbs, which is quite doable in the plan. I couldn't do really low carb (like atkins induction) and stay within my points without getting hungry. But my sugars are doing well. PC sugar this evening was 5.0, so was pleased with that too.

I am also trying to figure out about weekend parties, Groundhog day/bleak midwinter party tmw, and superbowl on Sunday. I am having baby Lilia and her parents over for brunch on Sunday, so THAT I can do quite healthy with fruit and maybe some baked french toast. (splenda sprinkled on top is like icing sugar, no?, will forgo the maple syrup).

If forgot it was Friday and the start of the weekend, have vacation brain, skewed by working one day, so it felt like a monday to me today.

Have a good weekend friends
Closed Thread