Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Wink Frassin' February BETTER Not Mess with the Worldly Chicks

Hi all,

In keeping with our (coincidental I'm sure) trend of a harsh title scaring away all the bad stuff, welcome to the new February thread.

I hope this one finds Mel joining us soon again. We miss you

Let me go do some housekeeping and I'll be back to post personals.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #2  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Trailing, Lurking Turtle made it to February

I'm here. Sick and off work again, but here.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Java
Sorry you are sick. Feel better soon.

Happy
Thanks for starting February for us.

Hello's to Laura, Michelle, and Annie.

------
It was a beautiful January day yesterday. But there is a low front on top of us threatning to bring rain and thunderstorms. Next week back in the 40's.

My goal this month is to ride the bike on a daily basis between 20-30 minutes. Doc told me the first of January that I must raise my good cholesterol. I still want to check on my Social Security status this week end.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #4  
Choose your hard

Ok, now comes the fun part - toggling between 2 threads to carry things over...

Annie - geez Curtis sure got knocked for a loop with the flu - of course that's what makes it the flu I guess. Have you not made him some soup yet??? That was horrid about the TENS condition that poor woman got. I can't even imagine. But I also have to wonder what some people think when they go to these diet doctors. Maybe it's like smoking - ignore the obvious just for the end goal. Did she have scarring from this afterwards? I can certainly understand you being over the whole superbowl thing. Only a few more days. No surprise about the hotel rooms for the biggies. I'm sure the better hotels hold rooms for bigger guests all the time. If not, some poor regular sap will travel all the way to town only to be told that there was a "mix up" in reservations - our apologies but we squeezed you into a room at the Bates Hotel - just be careful in the shower now

Laura - bit of a bummer on the mix up with the theaters. Sure are enough of them around to get confused. I would think it would be difficult to summarize everything that happened to her in a 90 minute movie. Particularly since she was one of those to break the glass ceiling. I remember catching a whiff or two of skunk late at night when I'd stand outside smoking back at my old house. Always made me nervous because it was nighttime and I couldn't see very far into the yard. It is possible that the brush in the back could make an attractive animal home even with a pesky neighborhood watch like Coal might want to rethink the brush pile if you think you have critters.

Michelle - regarding the protein shakes. I don't see them as being necessarily bad, particularly if you want something to kick start your weight loss - as always as long as you are sensible about it. I will comment on a few things. I had a friend who used to mix the protein powders with water and drink them at work. She was doing it for fitness reasons - muscle building. They looked grainy and nasty and they gave her HORRID breath. Really. It was awful. Another co-worker lost over 100 pounds - twice - by eating nothing except protein shakes with frozen banannas. He was also exercising up to 3 hours a day. Of course he lost the weight but as most people will tell you, regained it as soon as he started eating regular food again. I got DH on the smoothie kick for breakfast - low sugar fresh fruit, LF yogurt and whey protein powder. The protein kept us full until lunch time and the fruit helped disguise the taste of the protein powder. You can also add flax seed and other good for you stuff. There were a couple of people who kept a blender at work and mixed up their lunches - it's just hard to deaden the sound of a blender Funny I noticed that WW is no longer carrying smoothies or protein shakes in their online store. I hope DH gets an answer regarding his lungs. I just had to take a big antibiotic pill for 6 months to get rid of my infection - and seeing how it's the lungs, you never really get rid of it - it just dies and makes a spot that's with you forever. But it will be good to get an answer. The thing that worried me was that my lymph nodes were "active" too but I guess that happens when the body is dealing with an infection. And finally I agree with you that we in the U.S.A. generally don't pay alot of attention to what's going on outside our shores. Maybe that's because there's so much goofiness going on here in our own country that we tend not to pay attention to the news anyway

Shad - I see you are back home again. Guess I was confused, thought you said this next trip or two you would be spending more time on the job site. Would like to see the pictures of the butterflies. Sounds like it was really something to see.

No news from Mel - hope she is resting comfortably.

Ceejay - it's February and that means winter is over in the south well - at least for the most part

Guys are over at the house on a service call to fix the fireplace / heater. The one that they came to November 16 of last year and ordered a part. Guess it's slow shipping up here I hope they fixed it - would be nice to have that available to heat the front of the house where we need it with the high ceilings. Don't get an "open" floor plan if you live someplace cold I hope they finish soon as DH will have to leave shortly - he is going to volunteer his services as an Access Database consultant to help out with the natural history museum's application and he has to leave in about 30 minutes. I'd rather not be left here with the repair guys because I don't know what they are talking about Not much else going on - it was in the low 40's yesterday which I guess is springlike for January - things were starting to melt a bit. We still have a good 6 inch snow base on the ground.

Sounds like the repair guys are finishing up, that would be nice. Let me go be nosy for a minute...
Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Girls, girls, girls.....I have found a absolutely delish greek yogurt. Yoplait Greek Strawberry...it has to be very very cold tho. It kind of tastes like Dairy Queen Ice Cream...YUMMY!!

It is absolutely beautiful outside. I may grill out tonight. Just thought of it so I will have to think of what to grill out.....

HAPPY...you know if you get the fireplace fixed, it will warm up so that you cannot use it. Kind of like buying a new snow blower, we have a dry winter..lol. Have not made Curtis anything, soup or nuttin' as he has not felt like eating the past 3 days...I did manage to get some jello and dry toast in him. The gal did not have any scarring from the TENS. Kind of like having a complete facial peel only it is your entire body, mouth and private areas.

CEEJAY...we all have big plans for healthy bodies....sticking to them is such a different story. I am eating healthier, but exercising has gone bust.

Hello Java.

SHAD...welcome back home AGAIN...and please do post the butterfly.

CHELLE....don't push yourself on work or exercise...you know where that will get you...right in bed next to Curtis. lol

LAURA...hope your world is a spinnin' just how you like it.

MELLIE...in case someone is reading these to you, know that you are continually in my prayers...let us know how the tests come out. Love ya sister.

I am not going to jump back and forth to respond to last month's posts as I am taking chances as it is with MI hotshots here anyway.

Best be wrapping this up and getting back to the salt mines.

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

Thank GOD for geeky older (eldest) brothers....not the band brother....to fix my connection to my printer and ink issue.....now I can do my DSs and his fiance's taxes when they come up on this Saturday.

Sent Curtis to bed...100.6 temp and gut hurting...thinking he has the 7 day flu....I had that a couple of times when I was married...suffering...GOD love him...he is going to try to go to work tomorrow...he has lost so much in wages already...but as I tell him...his health is more important...cannot get him to go to the doc. Men, they are so stubborn.

Don't recall mentioning that Sam, her S.O, his DD and my grandbabe went to Penney's last Saturday to have pix taken...they should be so cute...the babe slept through most of them, but will still be so cute. Too much going on to remember what I have told you or not...please forgive me if this is a repeat....lol

Doing laundry and straightening up...not really too bad in here. Big boss from MI is leaving around 10 am tomorrow...can you say...relieved....he makes me so d*mn mad and upset...he is such a d*ck. Hopefully the rumors that are going around will come true. We will report to KY and they will report to OH....welcome to my world MI bosses....I HOPE YOU SUFFER...that is sad but I really do hope they suffer. God save my soul.

Getting off of here...just heard the washer go off which means get my b*tt in gear...

love and hugs
Old 02-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Come in here (3fc) for a sanity check. Geez they are a whinging lot around here at times. Some of them are so stressed, that if you poked them with a pin they would probably take off and fly for miles. So interesting the human race. NOT.

But enough about work. The butterfly pics will have to wait until I can load them into the home computer, this one does not allow me to edit, unless I can find the back door again and get in that way. I am fairly certain now that it was a Pale Green Triangle I saw, and I looked it up on Google and the attached are what I found.

It was extremely wet up in Yarrabee and there was mud absolutely everywhere. I had to drive through flood water at one point but there was road crew there to tell me the depth of the water and the best was to approach it so it was all fine. One bloke even stood in the middle of the bridge to show the depth of water. A truck went through before me and the poor guy got drenched. Lucky he was wearing his wet weather gear wasn't it. I was much nicer, I only created a very small bow wave, but even so the water probably splashed into his boots.

Got home to fine weather and a bit more action on the castle. It now has a roller door, even it it can't be rolled up or down yet. One day it will all be waterproof - now won't that be an achievement.

So I will be working from home tomorrow and then Monday starts my long trip to Central Queensland. Please make it stop raining for the next 4 weeks or so. PLEASE. I don't know whether to stay over weekends or not. At the moment it is not since there are not many places I can go due to flood waters everywhere.

Anyway, there is cake on for a go live for the BW section of the project. Better go get a hunk of cake before all the hangers on get in the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pgtriangle1.jpg (8.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg pgtriangle2.jpg (8.5 KB, 4 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #8  
Choose your hard

Hello fine ladies,

DH and I might take a road trip tomorrow so don't know if I will get in to post. If nothing else will will go drop off some homemade chicken soup at my cousin's house. He might have done a bit too much ice fishing and caught himself a cold. I'd like to return the favor for the delicious fish he gave us and I have a large bowl of the stuff in the freezer that I hope he might enjoy.

Looks like they got the fireplace fixed. It even works with the switch on the wall. Only thing is DH says it uses a lot of propane and we are waiting on a tank refill so off she goes until the weekend. It's nice outside - things are melting a bit so we really don't need the heat right now although winter is far from over. We put out a couple of suet cakes, a thisle feeder as well as sunflower hearts and what started as 1 lone bird has grown to quite the flock. We have 4 varieties - chickadees, nuthatches, junkos and now goldfinches. I have a captain's chair - chair with arms from the dining room set that is quite comfy and we turn it to the window and both DH and I enjoy watching the birds. DH also yells at the pine squirrels which are also multiplying - we have 3 now as well as a gray squirrel or two. The squirrels are not as mischevious as they were down south but DH said they are running under the porch (no doubt to get the seed that fell through the deck boards) but he said they tend to burrow and we can't have that. Particularly since they show absolutely no interest in rebuilding the deck if they ruin it.

Shad - I could totally relate to that poking with a pin business. For alot of people it's the state of the union / new normal in the work place. I loved the pictures of the butterflies - can't wait to see your actual photos. They look just gorgeous. I certainly hope this year is not a repeat of last year with all the flooding. And I will send some crossed fingers that you have dry travels. How nice of the one fellow to offer his services as a human measuring stick. I've heard that in moving water only halfway up your tires is enough to set the car afloat and moving where the water wants to push it. Be careful there. How was the cake?

Annie - seems like the higher up you go in the organization - the more your name should be RICHARD glad they will be on their way very soon. Just grit your teeth, smile and say under your breath I love my job, I love my job - just like my cohort used to. I prefer OUT DAHMN SPOT myself Awww first family portraits - gotta be cute. Hope we get to see one. How nice of your brother to fix your computer so that you can now help someone else out with the taxes. And that's why I say this is what life is all about - each of us helping each other. Poor Curtis - he is hit BAD. Tell him that he touches food and even if it's wrapped, he can't go back to work until he's better. Although I know what it's like - don't work, don't get paid. However you know how some of these January bugs are - if you don't get them completely out of your system they just keep coming back over and over. Oh and have you ever popped one of the yogurt cups in the freezer and ate it like that? The creamier stuff is enough like ice cream to make a nice treat. Also a good way to get a little more life out of the yogurt if it's getting near it's end date.

Gosh there is something up here in the loft area that is triggering that blasted tickle and cough in my throat. It's almost enough to choke. I just dusted the other day so it's not that. Had the humidifier on too. I really think it's the stomach medicine that is doing it but I had such heartburn the other day that I really felt I had to take it.

Michelle - when will DH get his results back? How are you doing with the Java training? Did you decide whether you wanted to specialize or stick with a business?

So Ceejay - now that you are under a doctor's mandate - how will you go about raising the good cholesterol? Just through exercise? I saw there were some storms headed out your way. Hope they weren't too bad.

Hi Mary - sorry to hear that you are sick - hope it's just a cold and nothing more serious. Should I drop you off some soup too?

Hi to Laura

Think I'm going to try and down some Nyquil - it always makes me sleepy and try and get to bed a bit earlier since we wanted to get an early start tomorrow. Night all...
Old 02-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

Oh holy crap....2:30 am....cannot sleep...really nothing new...it is like this every night, however tonite or this a.m as it is, is worse...bad enough to turn the puter on and post...lol HELLA B is loving it as she gets an "extra" potty break in the middle of the night..mostly a bark spell that I am sure the neighbors do not like.

Curtis is a Hostess cake man, so EVERYTHING he delivers is sealed. He is going to try to go to work today/tomorrow. His temp tonite was 100.6. A degree less than it has been running, but still not good and with a temp I am pretty sure he is still contagious. He is such a good man and keeps thanking me for "taking care" of him. Ha, not much to it....keep the water glass filled, give him drugs and take his temp. I think I could be a nurse. haha

SHAD...I saved the pix of the triangle butterfly. Too pretty. Glad you are home to accomplish a few things before Monday's trip...I cast my spell upon you and the weather for no rain...let me know if it works.

HAPPY....I love my job, I love my job, I love my job.....my new mantra...so glad you do not have to deal with the Richards of the world anymore. You sound so happy in your new world, home, life....makes me a little envious. I will definitely try the freezer thing with the yogurt...just have to buy more first, somehow they have all dissappeared out of my fridge. I used to have a captains chair with my dining suit when I was married. Nice. Enjoy the beautiful birds...I could get lost in watching nature. HAPPY...I am so dang happy for you and your retirement. Bless you. The fireplace is worth the propane..I just love a fire...kind of a fire freak...i.e. the fire pit we have in the backyard in the summer time...so great.... How do you feel about company? lol....you make it sound so relaxing and peaceful that it might be a vacation spot....jk.

HELLA B just came back in and thinks she deserves a cookie for barking in the middle of the night. WRONG...go get in your bed and get over yourself...she is getting more and more grochy in her older age and growling and snipping at me more and more... I am NOT liking it...she may go to sleep permanantly if she is not careful. Sad as it is and as much as I would cry about it, it is getting nearer and nearer. She will be 12, Feburary 26. Now I know why I did not have an animal for 10 years...I cannot take the end. I am such an emotional bloke.

Breakfast meeting at 8 am at Le Peeps...with the a-hole from MI...he is leaving directly after the meeting...AMEN...might be worth a free breakfast...I will let you know. lol Had to do my performance appraisal portion and forward it onto him today....I am pretty sure he will not rate me highly as we do NOT see eye to eye on a couple of things that seem to be important to him which are very unimportant to my job...what a d*ck. He is former military and all the trivial stuff is what he gets hot and bothered by....he needs to retire. Unfortunately for me..my cards are on the table..I do not sugar coat ANYTHING...which is what it takes in his case...like please reply and comment...I usually say, send me the required information...he wants it like...thank you for replying...please send me the information required...thank you so much for your speedy response..really get over it....I know...comply..my job would be easier...I am too busy for the BS.

I am so believing in my son's "one kill a month" and get away with it...I have a list and ready to go...lol

Best get off of here and try to get a bit of sleep before the h*llatious meeting in the morning...

Much love and many hugs...

The wicked witch of the north..west...south...east..where ever you are from me...haha
Old 02-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Here you go Annie Been feeling the same way myself today. Brick walls just aren't doing it for me today
Attached Images
File Type: gif i-love-my-job.gif (29.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Shad; 02-02-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #11  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Just a quick "hello" as I have GOT to stop procrastinating and finish (or at least start) my self-review. I figure I'll do that in the morning, and then in the afternoon, when the brain is fading (no comments from the peanut gallery, please), I'll do the CBTs.

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #12  

Morning all. I caught bf's cold. Caught me by surprise. No sore throat, just a lot of sneezing yesterday afternoon, and now a runny nose. I'm medicated, but still feel crummy even though this doesn't seem too severe.

Went to Pilates, had dinner and that was it.

We are out of nyquil, so I will buy some tonight, just in case. I also have to get a snack for Friday's book club. I said I'd bring something sweet. I might bring this little brownie bites.

That's all for me. Have a good day ladies.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Glad you took medication for the cold. I hope you get well soon.

Michelle
Our bosses write's our review's. Not sure if I'd make it or not if I wrote my own. Good luck.

Happy
Yes the about the only way to build your good cholesterol is through exercise. That's the first approach the doctor's want. My sister says that low hdl is hereditary. She has built hers back up with a lot of exercise.

Annie
I still say the Curtis needs to go to the doctor.
-------------
Most depressing news last night. My co-worker came in and told me to buy a news paper. I did and found out the city is 1.7 million dollars in debt. The mayor says he has a plan in action but that all departments will have cut back in personel. Oh me, something else to worry about.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #14  
Choose your hard

Shad - I remember back when you first mentioned a "salad sandwich". Trying to get my head around that. Was browsing some Internet things and came across this site. I thought of your immediately. Some of these look quite interesting.

Crazy Sandwich Cakes
Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #15  
Choose your hard

oops - upon further inspection it appears that many of the recipes are in Swedish - still they are pretty to look at and probably not that hard to replicate