South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 06:34 AM   #1  
Mous

Default Terrific Tuesday at the Beach Daily 7/29

Well, yesterday was a GREAT day.
I got through my luncheon with flying colors. I am proud of ME.

Hope you all have a nice day and remember the Beach is a great place to share ideas, inspirations, tips and just be able to laugh.

Lady
Old 07-29-2003, 06:47 AM   #2  

Good Morning!!

Day 1 went fairly well, although I found myself hungry quite a few times.

I'm used to having all the fat from Atkins WOE.

Here is my menu, please tell me what I can add or what I might be doing wrong.

B 3 Veg. quiche
6 oz. V8 juice
2 glasses water
flax

S string cheese

L tuna salad
green salad with dressing
2 glasses water

s almonds

D. beef kabob
salad
ricota desert
2 glasses of water

Also had a few sugar free candies when the hunger really hit. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:47 AM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

Good morning Lady! You are always so "chipper" in the morning, it's fun to see your posts.

Hello ZuzeQ, I don't know what to say about the hunger since I'm pretty new at this myself, but I'm sure you'll get good advice from others here.

Good morning to all the other Beach Beauties as well.

I've seen people talking about Pilates, so I picked up a couple of video tapes last night, and plan on giving it a try. I don't know if there are any classes around here, but I won't feel comfortable going to class anyway until I shed a few (several) more pounds, so this will be a good way to start I think. I used to do yoga many years ago, and loved it, so I think I'll like Pilates....I really need something that will help me stretch and regain some limberness (lol, is that a word?).

Have a fabulous day all....drink your water and ignore temptations.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:31 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beach Babe Buddies! I'm actually taking my Girls to the real Beach this morning for a run. Let's hope they don't find dead fish to roll in.

Lady, you are so upbeat and positive! The only way to go, IMHO. And bravo on the luncheon trial - good control!

Zuze, your food looks just fine to me. Remember that you can have good fats on this plan. Be sure to use full fat mayo and olive oil in your salads. This may help ward off the hungries.

2dogs, let us know how Pilates works for you. I know about not going to class until you've lost. I did water aerobics a year ago and really had a problem with putting on a bathing suit. I got over it and thoroughly enjoyed the classes.

Yesterday was Day 1 of Phase 1 and I blew it by eating several small packets of Fair candies that were leftover. Grrrr! So silly! That won't happen again as I packed the big box away for the Terry Fox run in September. There is no such thing as just one for me when it comes to ju-jubes!

It's a lovely morning so I may do some gardening after our walk. I hope everyone has a lovely day on The Beach.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:45 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Morning Everyone!

Sil~ I'm not surprised, not many people have heard of Hazlehurst. It's a small town somewhere between Atlanta & Jacksonville, FL.

Had a minor slip up yesterday in the form of 2 napoleans. Not too bad all in all. I am actually down 10 pounds since July 17th, which surprises me since I have not been really strict. When I do eat carbs. it's very hard to stop.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Have a beachy day and don't forget the sunscreen!
Old 07-29-2003, 07:52 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!!

Lady, congratulations on the luncheon!

Zuze... your menu looks good to me! You'll be dropping weight in no time...welcome!

Twodog... I hope you enjoy the Pilates. I've never tried it either, but I LOVE yoga! And yes... I was the fattest person in my yoga class. But not NEXT year!!!

Ruth, what is it with dogs that they have to roll in rotting... THINGS!?
Hey, get on track today. Hear me, hon?

Welcome to Ellen and Val and Erika, and ... who've I missed... sort of feels like the Polka Dot Door when I come here.

I did REALLY well back on Phase I yesterday. No cheating at all, and this time I know what I'm doing.

love and hugs to all...
Old 07-29-2003, 07:58 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

sflake... we posted at the same time... congratulations on the 10 pounds!!
Old 07-29-2003, 08:40 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone,
Ugh... I cheated last night... and on my first day too. but, I still lost 2.5 pounds since yesterday, and I vow to start today fresh and not feel guilty... It was the damn mini chocolate chips that I had opened for the mocha ricotta creme... The bag was open and calling to me... so today is afresh start, and I'll do great and drink lots of water! Day 2 today for me!

264/261.5/130
Old 07-29-2003, 08:46 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Jezebel, don't beat yourself up. I cheated badly yesterday and I'm supposed to be an experienced Beacher! Good work on the two pounds! Let's have a good Day 2 together.
(Plain baking cocoa powder works fine in the mocha dessert. I can't allow choclate in my house!)
Old 07-29-2003, 09:06 AM   #10  

G'morning Babes!

Today is another day.. a new beginning.. a chance to put al those mini chips behind you!

(to be honest.. I am SOOOO glad I really dont crave chocolate)

I spent yesterday working all day with a migraine.. while a coworker took off early to go get a haircut. Today can't get any worse!

arie
Old 07-29-2003, 09:15 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning Beach Babes

WELCOME to Ellen and Val

Ellen~~~ Don't worry about posting late at night and feeling that nobody will see you. I believe that when most of us come here in the mornings, we read everything from yesterday that we might have missed . So please feel free to come here often, not just once a week, OK

Ruth~~~Back away from the Ju-jubes Are you sure that we are allowed FULL fat mayo? I thought Dr. A reccomended LOW fat foods over full or non fat ones Have a wonderful time with the "girls" at the beach today

Ellis~~It feels good to be back on track, doesn't it You go, girl

Lady~~Great job staying OP during the luncheon

Jez~~I can't use the choc chips for just that reason. It's a trigger food for me. And I want to know how thoses bags of chips learn our names

Sflake~~Way to go on losing 10 pounds

2Dog~~I have also been wanting to learn Pilates. I have a tape that I have only watched once. I need to work on that

SuzeQ~~Your menu looks fine to me. Keep up the great job

Let's stay OP today Come on, we are determined and motivated women here
Old 07-29-2003, 09:16 AM   #12  

Hi Chicksters!!

I'm on Day 9 and feelin fine!! (poet..haha). Had a great day yesterday, trying to regroup from slacking a bit over the weekend.
Went to the gym yesterday for lower body workout and walked 2 miles this morning...going to the gym today for upper body.
I think I'm eating too much sodium, cuz I feel bloated and haven't seen any looseness with clothes yet... , but I know it will come...

Lady...congrats on restraint at the luncheon...I'm proud of you too

ZuzeQ..You are doing great...welcome to the beach!!

TwoDogMom...Good luck with pilates....tell us how you like it..

Ruth...have fun at the beach with the girls...I'm jealous sitting here in work...

Snflake...10lbs..WOWOWOWOW

Ellis...Yeah for the clean day of Phase 1 again...

Jezebel...Choc is my weakness too!! Get it out of the house!!
And welcome to the beach..

Hope you all have a wonderful day....I'm here all day!!!

Di
Old 07-29-2003, 09:19 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Arie and welcome to our group. I must have been posting the same time as you~
I spent yesterday with a migraine also. Don't they just suck!!

Di~~I admire you for getting in all that exercise~way to go

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 07-29-2003 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:44 AM   #14  

Good Morning to all. Well, I finished my first day of SBD yesterday and I feel great. Moving on to day 2.....any breakfast ideas besides eggs? have a great day-Ash
Old 07-29-2003, 09:59 AM   #15  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Default NEW DAY FOR BEACH BABES!!!

Hey to all newbies and op beachers!! Had another good day on beach w/o straying ..starting day 7 and still 7lbs down,,,Didn't get a chance to check bk yesterday,but glad to see so many post,,,Welcome to all Newbies and best of luck starting SBD,,,Lady Windsong,A big pat on the back,,proud u made it through ur luncheon,,,ZuzeQ,I am new to this diet too,,instead of eating nuts,I ate Turkey Wraps w Cilentro Mayo(very filling),drank 120oz of lemon/lime water during day(gave me a full feeling) and when ate my cheese I also ate slices of cucumbers and radishes (for bulk),also added large celery stalk w/v8.For breakfast had Omelets loaded w/veg's and mushrooms and very large salads(I love to eat,,,hope this wl help!!! twodogmom,Pilates is something i thought of trying,let us know what u think!!,,Ruthxxx,shake that Fair thing and lol back at the beach!!! Sflake,happy belated bday!!!,,Ellis,welcome bk to ph1 w/me,great job,,Jezebel57,no choco chips today,but congrats on ur loss!!! Got to run,getting late,100 again today and got to get my walk in...Hope I didnt miss anyone while I did this rambling post,,,wl check bk later!!!HAPPY DAY ON THE BEACH TO ALL! GOFISHING
Closed Thread