Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 04:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again #379

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 CST.

Welcome!
Old 07-28-2003, 04:13 PM   #2  

Thumbs down Hello All!!!

Well, no personal replies today-sorry all. Maybe in a later post. Although I do have to say Congratulations JoeAnne I have not been OP, but yesterday wasn't wildly off either. Today I have a ton of housework that I probably won't get done. I had a late start. I just couldn't seem to get to sleep last night. Tonight I'm going to try to do better. I cannot seem to get on a normal sleeping schedule no matter how I try.

Well, I'm going to go and do WATP for the first time in a couple of weeks. I can at least get that done and drink my water. Tomorrow is WI, but I doubt it will be good news. We will see. (I had a run in last week with the cookies I made for my hubby's lunch. ) I need to find my lowfat baking book-I know it is in that back room somewhere. Well, I think that is all for now, hope everyone is having a good day.

Old 07-28-2003, 04:30 PM   #3  

Ahhh, motivation Monday. I was never very good at that so I'll skip it.
I am feeling pretty darn good today I must say. My tan is glowing and I wore a white shirt today just to show it off. I should have a tan after baking myself in the sun all day on Friday. Well, maybe people will think I went somewhere tropical for my vacation.
Plan is going well, no bad things to confess. I threw out another candy bar. This time in the trash squirted with lotion so I wouldn't eat it. Does this mean I have a problem? Sometimes I can be so weird. I am hoping that I am down another 2 pounds this week. I am just so anxious to get under 200. That is going to be such a happy day for me.
I have nothing else to tell you ladies, and I would do individual replies but I've got to go pee and then actually get some work done. ICK.

I'll check in later perhaps.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:00 PM   #4  

Good Monday Afternoon Ladies,

Well Natalie, sounds like you are doing good, bet your tan does look nice.. you keep up the good work...you said you have nothing bad to confess, thats okay sis, I do!! enough for both of us... yesterday I made spaghetti sauce (with lean ground meat), and let cook all day, house permeated with wonderful smells....I did well yesterday, no overindulgence, just a good balance! today, well that is a different story!!! I had spaghetti for breakfast, yes your ears do not deceive you, I had it for breakfast chickies! (several years ago I worked 3rd shift, and after that I could pretty much eat anything first thing in the morning, heck with my predisposition to compulsively overeat I could pretty much eat anything ANYTIME!! who am I kidding?? anyway, I did it I admit it, not way out of control with the portion control, but I ate it nonetheless. Then I did my watp tape, (today marked the beginning of my 4th wk) a good thing, right, well it was! felt better, then went to fridge again, this time for water and grapes (better!), but did find myself reaching for spaghetti bowl again!! managed to talk myself out of that one, then came lunch time, I prepared my turkey sandwich on low cal wheat bread with my fat free cheese, my intentions were good, then I ate some more spaghetti, cold!! right out of the fridge! last time I made it i did well, this time it was a trigger food, a catalyst! I determined with the help of Amanda, I was feeling lonesome today, and emotional eating!! thanks Amanda for the chat, it helped! couldnt make it through a day without you kiddo! anyway I am back on track now, plan on getting in some more walking this afternoon and some chores around the house to help boost my metabolism, and plan on eating a healthy dinner, don't know exactly what yet, but most definitely it will NOT, I REPEAT NOT BE PASTA!!

MY MOTIVATION FOR THE REST OF THIS MONDAY??? be kind to myself, yes I had a slip, but I am right back on track, I am not going to use it as an excuse to eat more, that was "my past behavior", not anymore, I deserve to eat well and treat myself well, I have done a wonderful job since 6/5 and I am not about to forfeit that! WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS!! ARE YOU WITH ME??

SW 356/JUNE 5TH/348.8 JUNE 24TH
CW 336.5 - A LOSS OF 19.5 LBS (I NEEDED TO SEE THAT REMINDER IN PRINT!!)
NEXT WEIGH IN: 8/7
NEXT GOAL: LOSE 10 MORE LBS BY 8/31
NEXT GOAL: LOSE 50 LBS - I WILL DO IT
FINAL GOAL: 130

Later my little chickadees!!
Old 07-28-2003, 05:45 PM   #5  

Well hello to all! I know it's been awhile since I've been in here, but my life is just turned upside down right now and I am a mess. I will have to go into details later, I just wanted to check in to get the e-mail and let everyone know that I am here and still alive barely. I will be back later to update.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:23 PM   #6  

Hi ladies. All is pretty good here for a Monday. I did realitivly good. I will pop over on fit day and figure it out, I am sure I did not go over my cals. Yeah for me.

Deon: Hope all is okay, and hope you make it back soon.

Hope everyone is having a good day and doing the best they can do.

Talk to you all later,
Sandy
Old 07-28-2003, 06:29 PM   #7  

Hiya Chickies,

Thought I'd post so I know where I left off reading! Really tired today....think I might need to start taking vitamins...iron could be low. Trying to stay OP and away from caffeine.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Deb
Old 07-28-2003, 09:29 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Smile Day 1 success

Whew! I made it through Day 1 unscathed! Some near misses there and I still haven't exercised, but I intend to do that as soon as I am done here. REALLY!

Dh and I are doing the low carb thing. We went food shopping together last night...quite comical, really...he has NO CLUE!

Having made quite the career of dieting, I could tell you all there is to know about any number of diets. Okay, so I may not apply this knowledge all the time, (rarely ever, lately) but I AM aware of them! So he's ready to march down the cereal aisle...uh uh, buddy... No rice, (which he loves, being one half Filipino) no taters, (which he also loves, the other half being Irish!) No bread, no dried fruit and the ultimate sacrifice (for him) NO PEPSI! Finally he looked at me, exasperated, and said, "Just what the **** CAN I eat???"

Oh you funny fellow, you!

We loaded up on veggies: celery, carrots, red and yellow peppers, cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, cucumbers, lettuce, onions tomatoes and a nice big avacado... V8 juice, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, Canadian bacon, chicken breasts, london broil. There was some fruit at home that he had bought a few days ago. Not one to be wasteful, since fruit is not usually allowed on low carb diets initially, I said that we could have some fruit the first meal of the day, but only with a protein.

***side note: He just asked me if I'd like some ice cream. Do you see why I have a hard time with this dieting stuff?

OF COURSE I WANT ICE CREAM!!!

I won't...I sent them away...dh and son. My daughter works at an ice cream parlor/coffee shop. Dippy dh said, "Well come on, you can get a cup of coffee." Uh...no.

The thing is, I'm not hungry and craving anything...but I know that a trip to the ice cream parlor is TOO strong a temptation. (That's actually the name of the store!)

I wanted to do replies, but I'm sure I won't hit everyone, please forgive me if I miss you, I'll catch you next time!

Joe anne, Congratulations! What a nice picture and a lovely acknowledgement. You like like a very warm and caring person. PS...those breakfast burritos sound yummy, I want some too!

Thin, deepest sympathy on your uncle's death, I'm so sorry for your Mom...it must be hard, being the last one left. Bless her!

2cute...you're getting there, you're getting there! Is my room ready yet?

Tina...I hope your absence today means that you are taking care of yourself and getting rest, medication and TLC. Ever hear of Cat Scratch Fever??? {{{hugs}}} Feel better.

Uh oh, ice cream man is back...He DID NOT get any!! But now he wants me to take a ride to listen to a weird noise in the car...Can't I just take his word for it?

*sigh*

I'll be back...
Old 07-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #9  
Progress..not perfection

Default Hello....hello!

Well, good evening my chickies! How art thou? I'm doing good....only having a few problems. I'm still running a high fever, itching all over and my mouth keeps filling with this white foamy saliva. Hmmm...

Sorry....just kidding gals. I just had to do that. Please don't kill me. I do still have the bruise with the bite marks, but I am not running a fever and the cut looks very clean. Not hot to the touch and does not look infected, so good news.

I was off work today and I have been a big ol' lazy bum. I even gave #1 son a list and let him go in the grocery store and get some groceries today. I knew they'd come in handy one day. He took a look at the list that I had wrote for him and said, "Uh Mom, kinda specific, huh?" I said, "Uh son, you do remember who I'm sending in the store, don't you?" He said, "Uh....good point." I just love that kid.

Ok, onto replies:

joe anne: Congrats girl! I'm sure you are very deserving. Thanks for sharing your news with us!

Amanda: I know you've been having a hard time lately, but keep your head up. You CAN do this. Good for you for planning to do your WATP tape today and drinking your water. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you at WI.

Natalie: I bet you look very pretty with your tan. I always think wearing something white shows off a nice tan. Myself.....I never tan. I burn. I gave up a long time ago.
Quote:
I threw out another candy bar. This time in the trash squirted with lotion so I wouldn't eat it. Does this mean I have a problem?
Do you have a problem? I think not! I say, do what you gotta do girl!

Pam: Hey sweetie...don't feel bad about the spaghetti. We all do that from time to time. Sometimes we call them our "trigger" foods, but I don't necessarily know if it's the food or not. I have certain foods that I really like and I can fix them sometimes and I'm just fine and then there are other times.....well, I bet you can guess. Keep your head up though...it wasn't a total wash and it feels like you did make some good choices.

Deon: My heart goes out to you darlin. I'm not sure what you're going through right now, but please know that we are always here for you, no matter what. Take care. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Sandy: Good job for not going over your calories today....I knew you could do it. Now, all I have to do is get you back to making those big long posts. I miss ya gal!

Deb: Thanks for popping in girl and we're glad you're still reading with us. I always pop in and read even when I don't have time to post. I think it is a real good idea to take a multi vitamin, especially when you're trying to lose weight. I have low iron too.

Well, I have responded to everyone that has posted on the thread so far. Hello to everyone else and I know I don't have to say it, but I love you! Everyone keep your chins up and know we can all do this!

Back later....
Old 07-28-2003, 09:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies,

I'll have to make this quick. The dog is having a foaming, drooling fit on the deck because he's outside and I'm inside. Plus, he knows its time to walk. Lord, next time, please send me a 4 pound dog. Please!

DH and I are back at the south beach as of today. We strayed a little bit but are both more than ready to get back to veggies and modest amount of proteins. I intended to do time on the spinner tonight but tried to nap instead (allergies ) I did do my morning exercises with the 8 lb weights.

I only have time for a couple of replies. Truth is, I've read the thread and can't remember much (sorry, again, allergies).

kat - Welcome back from vacation, even though family was a chore. Your DH sounds like mine. How men can be the leaders of the world and too dumb to understand what a carb is, is beyond me. Hang tough!

Lori - I'm sorry that things turned out the way they did with Brian. You were so happy at first but in the long run, it looks like its best this all came out now instead of later. Take care of your foot and yourself!

2Cute - Glad to see you dropping by. We'll be anxious to see you more regular once you get all settled in. The house sounds wonderful.

Barb - Another project?! Keep at it and eventually you'll inspire me to finish the other bathroom.

Amanda, Natalie, Pam and Pam, Deon, Deb, Sandy, Mary, Tina, Thin, JoeAnne and Joanne and everyone else....Hellllo!!! Keep up all your great efforts! have a good night!
Old 07-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Talking You snuck in on me!

Kat: You cheeky monkey! You snuck in on me! I laughed out loud (several times) (but then again, I ALWAYS do at your posts) at you describing your trip to the grocery store with your husband. I would not even attempt that. You're dh sounds exactly like mine....

Terri: You snuck in on me too while I was posting...I guess I'm just long winded, huh? So, you've been doing the South Beach diet, huh? I know you've probably told us that a hundred times huh? That's just me, not paying attention. It looks really interesting. I've read some up on it..... Can you get the book in paperback yet?

Ok, I'm really out of here for now....

Have a great night!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:08 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening All!!!
I wish I had the energy to post and reply to all, but I am tired to the bone! I just finished another couple hours work on the bedroom. Luckily most of the ladder work is done. My arms are so sore from yesterday I seriously almost couldn't get my bra unhooked. I managed - barely....I didn't want to ask hubby in case he got any ideas --- way too tired for that! Now I am off to bed --- to sleep.
Wishing you all sweet dreams!
See ya tomorrow!
Barb
Old 07-29-2003, 12:20 AM   #13  

Wink

Hi everyone!

Well, after I ate two chocolate bars for breakfast, and then felt sick to my stomach - this is actually a good thing in a way, I used to be able to eat four or five without any repercussions - I actually got back OP and stuck to it pretty well. I didn't work out today but plan to head for Curves tomorrow ~ Grandma will look after my little darling for me. I have to get weighed and measured on Wednesday so, I am not looking forward to that. I know that I still haven't lost all of the weight I regained since last month and I don't want to fess up to that - hopefully I will have lost some inches.

I told a friend of mine about this website and the posting so hopefully she will check it out. She is looking for some support too.

Motivation Monday - I am happy with myself for not giving in and blowing the whole day because of my breakfast slip up. It is hard to convince yourself that you don't have to be perfect all of the time and it used to be if I blew a meal I would just give up for the rest of the day. At least I am making some progress.

On to replies:

Natalie,

Good trick with the candy bar - next time I'll try it!:

Kat,

My husband, Alan, is doing the low carb thing too (with me) except that he just eats carbs (mostly bread) whenever he wants - he has a very physical job and I think he burns alot of it off. Your shopping trip sounded like a hoot! Hopefully he will get the hang of it soon so that he can understand exactly what you can and cannot eat.

Barb,

Get some sleep - you need it! A good soak in a warm tub sounds like it might do you good too.

Pam,

I understand that compulsive overeating deal - I am the same. In the scheme of things, spaghetti is not the most horrible thing you could have eaten - you could have had my two chocolate bars! Tomorrow is a new day, heck, the next meal is a new meal! Hope your dinner went better and you were able to get back OP. We are with you all the way!

QueenB

Glad to hear that your leg is better and that you are not running a fever anymore. Your son sounds like my husband! I have to do the exact same thing with him, which means I usually go because I can't be bothered to make that detailed a list!

Terri,

What is the South Beach diet? I have never heard of it.

That's all folks! Hope everyone is doing well and I just wanted to say that I am so glad that I started posting and really value this website. Thanks for all the support

Laura
Old 07-29-2003, 12:50 AM   #14  
Dancing those pounds away

Hidey Ho good neighborss !!!!!
I worrked my butt off today but have nothing to show for itt.
I worked at our old house.... still so much junk there. I am going to do a garage sale Thurs-Sat to get rid of a bunch of it. It has been sooooooooooooooooo HOT here lately. It is suppose to cool of back down to the 90's again Tues... hope it stays awwhile. 107 is norm lately... too hot for short fat old ladies. LOL

I came home at 5pm and took a nap. Now it is almost midnight and I am ready for bed. I have been getting pleeenty of exercise with this moving... my calves ache. I have been doing a lot of walking and carryinng boxfulls ouut to either the car to move or the garage to sell. Plus... I have been swiimming everyday except today. If only I had stayed on program better food wisee. Hopefully soon I will get them both going at the same time. LOL

Againnn I apologiiiiize for not replying to everyonee but just too bussy right now. Soon.. verry soon I hope my life will be back to a norrmal routine.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:14 AM   #15  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Today has been a really terrific day! It started with DH wishing me a happy anniversary. It is our 13th. Then I went in for my Monday WI, and I lost 5 more lbs!!! That brings the total to 11 for the month. After that, I had a job interview and it went really well!

DH had to work tonight, so we had lunch and a matinee movie together. It was great fun, but ladies, I won't even pretend that I stayed OP today. Ugh, I am paying for it so hardcore. My belly feels totally bloated right now, and I am all queazy. Yuck! Hopefully I'll be feeling better by tomorrow morning.

I'm supposed to be doing transcribing right now, but I had to come in here and catch up on all the posts. I missed an entire thread! So, this happy, if nauseated, chicky is going to head outta here and get back to work.

Take care!

Andria
Closed Thread