Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 10:52 PM   #1  

Angry Wanting to go from Atkins to Sugar Busters

Evening again!
I just have one quick question to ask you all. I am a newbie here. I just posted tonight in the buddy section but wanted to leave a message here also. I just found out I have type 2 dibetes and I am 50 lbs overweight. I have been on Dr. Atkins diet for a week now and I do not feel good on it at all. Can you please tell me what your opions are about the differences between the Atkins Diet and Sugar Busters Diet? I have been searching the web and the SB diet sounds much better. Help?
Have a great evening.
mac 24312
Old 07-30-2003, 09:02 AM   #2  

hi..i too came from adkins and after being on it for 3 weeks i felt horrible.....so i ordered the sugar busters book and read it.....
u can have fruit on the sb diet and also whole grain breads....with this diet u have to watch the sugar contents in the foods.....to me, its a much better diet and i feel 100 % better........
the best thing probalby is to get the book and read it...i think u can get it at ur library........thats the only way i could understand it better........it shows u how to read labels and gives u the food u can and can not eat......good luck...i think u will like this diet a whole lot better
sonya
Old 07-30-2003, 11:44 AM   #3  

Sonya
Thanks..I am going to do that. It sounds really much better. I am going to go tommorow and get the book at books a million. I bought a recipe book yesterday that sound really good. It is a low-carb book and has some great recipes in it. I will let you all know how it goes. Have a great day!
Christina
Old 10-23-2003, 12:48 PM   #4  

Hi - I am new here. I have moved over from Atkins to Sugar Busters. I don't have cholestrol problems but being on Atkins really raised my cholestrol. I have switched to Sugar Busters for the whole grain bread and fruit.

I (actually my family) started on Sunday. We found out last week my daughter is classifed as "pre-diabetic" so we knew it was time to take charge and change our life-style.

So far my husband & I are doing fine - daughter doing okay but has a little struggle - not sure if my son is "behaving himself" at school. I have also started back to my water aerobic class yesterday.

I was glad to find this forum. After reading the posts I feel I can find some friends to help keep me motivated, if not for myself but for my family as well.
Closed Thread