Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 01:01 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/31/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185.5/171.5/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

It's not yet Tuesday where I live, but I didn't want to get lost in the tail end of a thread

Today I had the most interesting conversation with my "coach". Another week of 100% OP and a 1.5lb loss, which is a record high for me. She even read through my food journal and gave me a 100%. She said there really wasn't much we could do to speed things up. But sometimes when she moves people to phase 2 they start losing faster. So even though I'm only starting my 5th week, I'm now on phase 2!?! We are going to try it for 2 weeks and see if it shakes things up. So no more omelet packet, but 2 eggs instead AND now unlimited salad is ok, whereas before it was 2 cups of my veggie allotment. I'm mostly excited about lettuce (as previously mentioned, I love, love, love my veggies and find 2 cups of lettuce per day not to be nearly enough to eat or to move things along, if you know what I mean. I live in California and we have the BEST fresh veggies here! Nom nom nom!)

She said that sometimes people who are moving all day and expending a lot of energy need the extra 100 or so calories and that maybe I'm currently on the edge of starvation mode. But the 4th packet was always advised against?? Very interesting. I'm pretty psyched and optimistic and thrilled that I'm saving $30 per week if this really works!

Fingers crossed!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmink View Post
It's not yet Tuesday where I live, but I didn't want to get lost in the tail end of a thread

Today I had the most interesting conversation with my "coach". Another week of 100% OP and a 1.5lb loss, which is a record high for me. She even read through my food journal and gave me a 100%. She said there really wasn't much we could do to speed things up. But sometimes when she moves people to phase 2 they start losing faster. So even though I'm only starting my 5th week, I'm now on phase 2!?! We are going to try it for 2 weeks and see if it shakes things up. So no more omelet packet, but 2 eggs instead AND now unlimited salad is ok, whereas before it was 2 cups of my veggie allotment. I'm mostly excited about lettuce (as previously mentioned, I love, love, love my veggies and find 2 cups of lettuce per day not to be nearly enough to eat or to move things along, if you know what I mean. I live in California and we have the BEST fresh veggies here! Nom nom nom!)

She said that sometimes people who are moving all day and expending a lot of energy need the extra 100 or so calories and that maybe I'm currently on the edge of starvation mode. But the 4th packet was always advised against?? Very interesting. I'm pretty psyched and optimistic and thrilled that I'm saving $30 per week if this really works!

Fingers crossed!
I hope that works for you I cannot imagine how hard it is for you to stick with this with small weight losses. But you are impressive with your stick to it ness! Good will come of this!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Okay I clearly stayed up too late working on my project because tomorrow's thread is here! Happy tuesday! I go in for my WI tomorrow and feel pretty good about it. Loving this diet!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:07 AM   #5  

Quote:

Fingers crossed!

lilmink... which clinic do you go to for your ideal protein. I've read some of your postings and it doesn't seem like your coach or coaches are doing a good for you. You might be best suited to move to a different office or coach.... My coach did wonders for me... If you are in san francisco i would suggest you give him a call....
Old 01-31-2012, 02:10 AM   #6  

Hey BikiniBoy, how do I PM you? (edit:I just looked it up and I'm 2 posts away from being able to PM, and you are even further. argh.)

Last edited by Lilmink; 01-31-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:20 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
. . . now unlimited salad is ok, whereas before it was 2 cups of my veggie allotment.
I've read this about 5 times and I can't see how to interpret it any other way than to understand that your were only getting 2 cups of vegetables a day? And only 2 cups of salad? But this can't be right. Right?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:59 AM   #8  

lilmink you can email me at

Last edited by bikiniboy; 01-31-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #9  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikiniboy View Post
lilmink you can email me at [email protected]
NO NO NO. Please delete your e-mail address. You're going to get a TON OF SPAM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:24 AM   #10  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:

Fingers crossed!
hi there
maybe it is early and I am reading it wrong...... but lettuce in phase 2 is part of your 2 c allotment??? I was under the impression lettuce was unlimited...
Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Wi # 11

Quote:

Fingers crossed!

Lettuce is unlimted, it is not considered part of your vegtable intake. You should be getting 4 cups of vegtables a day.

Good Morning IPeeps:
Weigh in # 11 and anohter 1.4 pounds gone for good!!!!Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE this plan? It has been so very easy to stick to. And I really am loving seeing the scale go down each week. Even with the small losses!! A loss is a loss no matter how big or small!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #12  

Dan - Delete your email!! I have it and will shoot you a note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I've read this about 5 times and I can't see how to interpret it any other way than to understand that your were only getting 2 cups of vegetables a day? And only 2 cups of salad? But this can't be right. Right?
2 cups per meal!! Four per day! No worries. But yes, I was told only iceberg was unlimited. Now I'm happily going to be enjoying Romaine, Red leaf, Green leaf and my favorite, butter lettuce. Yay!

Last edited by Lilmink; 01-31-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #13  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Wishing you all love , laughter, and smiles! Of course may everyone have an OP day! :heart:
Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #14  

Good morning all - I've been lurking here for several days now, such great information and support!

My name is Nathalie and I started IP just this morning. A few of my co workers are doing it/have done it with great success so I thought I'd give it a try. I have about 15 pounds to lose, weighed in yesterday but I prefer to wait a few weeks to see my weight. Otherwise, I get 'stuck' on the numbers and I prefer to just focus on my food intake, how I'm feeling and most importantly, how my clothes fit!

I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member and do love that program, lost 23 pounds last year to reach my goal but have put on somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds over the past few months (Christmas didn't help one bit!). As a sugar addict, I'm hoping IP will help me kick that - or at least bring my intake down to a dull roar!

For now, I'll continue to lurk, post and scour this board for helpful info. I am looking to find an alternative to the IP food as I find the cost a bit of an issue - I can swing it, but why should I when there are alternatives at lower prices?! I live in Ottawa, Canada and saw something at my local Walmart the other night that has very similar nutrition info as the IP shakes (need to go back and compare exactly). I see there are tons of alternatives available in the States, not as much here in Canada.

Wishing everyone a successful and wonderful day!

Last edited by chihuahuanut; 01-31-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: typo:-)
Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #15  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:

Fingers crossed!

Hello,

I'm not quite sure why each coach says different thing about this protocol, I mean it is written clearly on the IP sheet that lettuce is unlimited and yet your coach is limiting you to two cups of lettuce!

Furthermore, many people gain a little bit when they go to phase 2, some still lose though, so I hope it will work out for you.

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 01-31-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Closed Thread