Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 1/30/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-30-2012, 04:45 AM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Marcella. I'm carrying this over from the Weekend thread because you might not see it there. ]Just a couple of observations because a lot of what you ask has been covered really well.

You don't mention oil, but you do mention constipation. Sometimes there is as close a link to the Big C and little oil as there is little water. And I'm assuming Romaine is in the mix too.

I'd explore some of the puddings, especially IP, made as a smoothie with 14-16 ounces of water -- for variety as well as the fact that they are filling. But only get the high protein ones.

80 g of protein is a bit light. You might look into something like Syntrax Nectar, if I'm spelling that right. It is a bulk product so instead of measuring the 25 g per serving you could up it to 30 and not get a lot of extra carbs with that particular product. Syntrax Matrix is tasty but 6 carbs per serving.

Eating green, green, green is great except so is eating green, red, and yellow. And if you want a really high nutrient green cum white, try endive as a salad or braised. To be honest, I'd mix in some colors. After all a red pepper is richer in nutrients a green pepper. I'm also a big fan of cider vinegar, first because I like it, and second because it's great for an alkaline eating program. Hope this helps a little.

Last edited by Linden; 01-30-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Has anyone noticed they have way more energy now than ever before? I have been so wired these past two days I've even experienced insomnia (ie. right now). The past two nights I haven't fallen asleep till 5 am and I get up again at 8 am. I haven't been having naps during the day nor have I been exercising. I would love to get a full eight hours of sleep, I'm worried that I might crash one of these days in the middle of a lecture at school!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

WI this morning, DOWN another 2.4lbs I was really hoping to break into the 175's today, but then I realized, what was the last diet I was on where I consistently lost more than a pound a week? Um, none of them!! LOVE IP!!!

Plus, TOM should be here any day now, so I know I'm retaining water. It also helped me to realize that the water bottle I use (24 ounces) holds a pound and a half of water (A pints a pound the world around!). It's really not that much (I drink between 4-6 a day). Water is just heavy stuff.

I also thought of what I tell my children when they're bickering over who got the biggest pancake or the red v blue cup "You get what you get and you don't get upset". Really this is MY fight to get my body back. I know that I am doing everything I can on my end so in time my body will let go of the weight so I can get back to a healthy place, but until then I just need to do all that I know to do and it will come off.

Busy day today, lunch is already packed I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme685 View Post
Has anyone noticed they have way more energy now than ever before? I have been so wired these past two days I've even experienced insomnia (ie. right now). The past two nights I haven't fallen asleep till 5 am and I get up again at 8 am. I haven't been having naps during the day nor have I been exercising. I would love to get a full eight hours of sleep, I'm worried that I might crash one of these days in the middle of a lecture at school!
I do, I occasionally take an herbal supplement called Melatonin to help me fall asleep. I do enjoy the increased energy though!!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi Marcella. I'm carrying this over from the Weekend thread because you might not see it there. ]Just a couple of observations because a lot of what you ask has been covered really well.

You don't mention oil, but you do mention constipation. Sometimes there is as close a link to the Big C and little oil as there is little water. And I'm assuming Romaine is in the mix too.

I'd explore some of the puddings, especially IP, made as a smoothie with 14-16 ounces of water -- for variety as well as the fact that they are filling. But only get the high protein ones.

80 g of protein is a bit light. You might look into something like Syntrax Nectar, if I'm spelling that right. It is a bulk product so instead of measuring the 25 g per serving you could up it to 30 and not get a lot of extra carbs with that particular product. Syntrax Matrix is tasty but 6 carbs per serving.

Eating green, green, green is great except so is eating green, red, and yellow. And if you want a really high nutrient green cum white, try endive as a salad or braised. To be honest, I'd mix in some colors. After all a red pepper is richer in nutrients a green pepper. I'm also a big fan of cider vinegar, first because I like it, and second because it's great for an alkaline eating program. Hope this helps a little.
Thanks Linden for your info. I do use extra virgin olive oil on my veggies. I have many stomach sensitivities and cannot eat raw veggie's of any kind so salads are out. I cannot eat green peppers but can have red and yellow but thought we were not able to eat those in the first phase. I believe the Syntrax has milk in it and I am badly lactose. See what I have to deal with in my life? LOL There is not much I can eat but this IP works pretty good for me. I think oil is the problem and am going to get some Magnesium citrate as it was recommended to me here. I wonder if flax seeds are allowed to include in pudding or shake? Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #7  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Getting sicker and sicker, as I am typing this, I am waiting at the doctor's clinicto see what he'd give me, maybe some antibiotics. Last night I had a fever of 40 degrees C, so I was burning up.

All I feel like doing is sleep and sleep some more, all my muscles are aching.

All this and I am happy yo report that I am still 100% OP.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

I've also had tons of energy. I can keep going even though I'm tired. Its really coming in handy when I have to wake up at 5:30am most days. You might want to try 20 min of walking. Or try to relax yourself by doing deep breathing. While you breathe, relax every muscle in your body. If you use the computer before bed, or are on it while trying to sleep, that could also be the problem.

I've been there before.

I'm trying my new alternative products even though I'm not quitting IP until Wednesday. I am currently consuming an EAS drink. Its okay, not chocolatey enough, so next time, I'm mixing it with less water. But hey, at least it doesn't taste like butt!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #9  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I find it funny to say "taste like butt", I mean the butt is not an edible thing to compare with food! I know it is just an expression, but I find it vulgar. Sorry, just my honest opinion

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 01-30-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
Thanks Linden for your info. I do use extra virgin olive oil on my veggies. I have many stomach sensitivities and cannot eat raw veggie's of any kind so salads are out. I cannot eat green peppers but can have red and yellow but thought we were not able to eat those in the first phase. I believe the Syntrax has milk in it and I am badly lactose. See what I have to deal with in my life? LOL There is not much I can eat but this IP works pretty good for me. I think oil is the problem and am going to get some Magnesium citrate as it was recommended to me here. I wonder if flax seeds are allowed to include in pudding or shake? Thanks again.
Shucks. You did say you had food sensitivities, especially with raw food, and it didn't click about the salad. But the good news is that red and yellow peppers are OK. And the reason I knew about the Syntrax, pure whey isolate, is I can't have soy. Nuts and seeds aren't allowed although you would get 2.8 g of fiber from a tablespoon. I think your best bet is the Ma citrate, but not the whole bottle at once, perhaps. That might really be too harsh on your system. Good luck.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #11  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I don't remember if I posted or not but I lost 2lbs at my "official" weigh-in of yesterday. 10lbs in 3 weeks, I will TAKE IT!

3 weeks today! WOO HOO!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #12  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Happy Monday Everyone!,
Feeling Good! I was kinda of ired for sound yesterday as my energy was through the roof! Got alot done!. All this is really opening my hubby's eyes as to what he is eating and how it hurts his diabetic body. He loved my baked tater last night. (Turnip in the microwave, spray butter , splenda, sea salt and pepper).
Everyone be safe and have a great day!
****** Sandralosingweight****** Hope you feels tons better!

for every 5 lbs lost

WI # 1 -8lbs

Last edited by Ducksmy; 01-30-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! Another 3.8 lbs couldn't take the heat this week This was WI 3 so I'm preparing myself to see smaller numbers soon, but I'm very very happy with this!

I've had a few of those famous cheating dreams lately -- they're pretty funny. Well, the first one wasn't, I had eaten half a floppy cheese pizza when I suddenly realized it wasn't OP and I dream-felt just stricken with remorse. The latest one shows improvement in my attitude and control though: I was hanging out in the kitchen at a family get-together and absentmindedly popped two small mozzarella balls in my mouth. Almost immediately, I popped them right back out again, rinsed my mouth and calmly went on with my day lol.

Have a wonderful OP energetic day everyone!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #14  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

New week, new resolve to stay organized and remain on plan! Good luck to everyone with WI this week.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Due to money issues I was not able to start on IP like I wanted to. HOWEVER I am back on as of today. Even though our internet is cut off (I am using a neighbor's internet with permission), I am determined to work online and have enough to buy the next week's groceries.

Despite me not being on IP the last two weeks I still managed to lose nearly 5 pounds in that time. For me not being on the diet, I say that's pretty good! I'm about to take my measurements now.

Things may get hectic for me soon, so I hope I can still stick to this during the next few months. My mom may be hired at the Medical Center in San Antonio (which is great, because we've been trying to get back to Texas for years). My siblings need to finish up school, though, so we'd be staying in VA until June while she stays in a hotel there to work during that time. I wanted to go with her, but I didn't think I'd be able to keep IP up while in a hotel room for months upon months. I'm also starting some eye exercises to see if I can make my eye turn straight. I had surgery to correct it when I was four (my eye went from being so far in that you couldn't see the pupil to being slightly off center), but I never did the eye patch because it's difficult not being able to see 6 hours a day when you're four. Nonetheless, I'm doing that starting now with a makeshift eye patch. Stress levels are going to be high ):
Closed Thread