Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Oh.My.Carbs!

I ate too many of them this weekend and this morning, the scale is showing it.

For me, they are pure, yummy evil!!

Back on track today and trying not to beat myself up too much over it.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

I feel ya. Went to a conference over the weekend, and there was no hope for me whatsoever. Time to move on!.... after my hubby's birthday tomorrow.
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Yeah, I had the same problem. I always tend to fall apart on the weekends. I have less structure then. But unfortunately this time it's lingering into Monday. I'm worried that I won't get it back under control again. I've already gained back 2 pounds and am seriously hoping it's water weight. But carbs tend to just stick to me.

My carbs are the starchy kind. I love pasta. What are your favorite carbs?
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

carbs stick to my body soo badly.. ugh! lol only source of carbs for me is fruit
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I love carbs, but I definitely have to watch them if I want to lose weight. If I eat carbs, I do not lose weight.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

I just started counting carbs today, I'm doing Weight Watchers flex plan and if I could I would eat all my points in carbs, love em! I was wonder how many carbs you should limit yourself to per day in order to lose weight? I read 100 to 150g of carbs per day.
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Not to reactivate what I'm sure is an old debate, but from my perspective (and experience) you can lose weight on any amount of carbs as long as you're running a calorie deficit. Last year I lost 50 pounds on a carb-heavy diet, but I only ate about 1,400 calories per day.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

^ I dont agree with that.. Calories deficits dont work for everyone. Ive done calorie deficits that were extremely precise and I didnt lose even one lb. When I removed all sugar, bread, pasta, flour-y items, etc.. Im dropping weight very steadily and Im loving it. Granted, not everyone can make it a life style. I personally prefer eating this way, so for life im set.. but carb lovers.. probably not.
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #9  

My fav carb is basmati rice with green peas mixed into it. I am actually sitting here thinking about making a pot....probably because I am sick with a real nasty cold and want some comfort food.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #10  

Mmmm...carbs. *Homer Simpson drool* Not happy that others have the same struggle but happy to not be by myself in the Monday morning corner of shame.

aliasihaya: You CAN get back on track. I know sometimes it seems like you'll never find your way through the bramble and back onto the road but you will - just keep pushing forward. And boy do I know what you mean about carbs making you bloat right up. Bleh!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
Not to reactivate what I'm sure is an old debate, but from my perspective (and experience) you can lose weight on any amount of carbs as long as you're running a calorie deficit. Last year I lost 50 pounds on a carb-heavy diet, but I only ate about 1,400 calories per day.

F.
I understand that this works for a LOT of people, maybe even most people but it doesn't work for me.

I counted calories for absolutely ages. I measured everything and logged it religiously. What I discovered was that if I wanted to lose weight I had to drop my calories below 1000 per day (this was with exercise). For me, that calorie level was not sustainable. At 1400 calories a day I would gain - slowly, but still I would gain.

Now I still log everything I eat - just the same as I did before - but instead of watching calories now my eye is on the carbs. Having restricted my carbs I can comfortably consume between 1500 and 2000 calories a day and lose weight fairly easily.

For me it's not as simple as calories in/calories out. I know according to the science of nutrition it *should* be but it's not and I'm not the only one out there like this.