Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

Talking Vanity reasons for this journey!

I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we can post our silly/vanity/etc. reasons we want to lose weight Of course we are all trying to better our health, numbers, confidence, heart, etc. but I know I have a few others

I'll start ...

1. I want to be smoking hot in a little string bikini

2. I want to show my SIL that I CAN look better than her ... Mean I know, but if you heard the back story ...

3. I would love to wear short shorts!!

4. Lingerie!! And to actually feel non-whaleish! LOL

5. I want to be a hot wife, darnit!
FatToFitWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #2  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I always love these threads. The anticipation of our vanity reasons is kinda fun sometimes.

-- I want to be a smaller jeans size than my one friend. She gets comfort from the fact that I'm fat and she's not in a "at least I'm not as fat as Lianna" kind of way.

-- I want to be able to be lifted with relative ease. Both for fun with friends, for emergencies (if I pass out while hiking on a mountain, no way will I be rescued), and for the, ahem, more intimate moments.

-- I want a slender silhouette with long lines. I think that looks beautiful on lots of women, and honestly I covet it. I'll never be curvy (not my body shape), so I want to be lithe and willowy.

-- I'd like to borrow clothes from friends easily. As I am now, that never happens because it so won't fit. It'd be nice not to have to borrow men's clothes in an emergency.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I want to wear knee high boots that AREN'T for "thick calves"!!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #4  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, I forgot a couple important ones.

-- I don't want to have those knuckle dimples. I had them for a LONG time and hated them. Little kids have them, but then they grow out of them. My friends lost them, but I kept them. I don't really have them now, but I can still feel my loathing of them. I do not like how they look on me at all.

-- CANOES and SEE SAWS. I want to be able to ride a canoe with someone and not have the thing be two ticks away from going under (someone commented on that once - she was a b**** anyway, but it embarrassed me b/c it was true - I was the heaviest in the canoe by like 50 lbs at least).
And I want to be able to go on the see saw with someone other than my football-playing guy friends. I'd like to be the lighter one on the see saw, actually. I can't even get on with most of my friends. I'm a good 40 lbs heavier.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 01-30-2012 at 10:48 AM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #5  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

--I definitely want to be the wife/mom who "hasn't let herself go"

--I want to be totally comfortable in a swimsuit this summer... no shorts or coverup needed. It won't be a bikini (thanks to having 2 babies in less than 2 years) but a tankini will do. I felt pretty good in a swimsuit last summer (at 132) but I want to look/feel even better this year!

--My husband will point out sexy lingerie that he'd love for me to buy... I want to feel confident enough to buy and wear it!

--To be able to look at photos of me and really like what I see! I no longer want to be put off by "bad angles".
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

1. I want to be the one that the guys stare at.
2. I want my husband to say ¨damnnnnn¨ in a good way when he sees me nakes!
3. I want to for the first time in my life wear a smaller size pant than my mom
4. (I live in Europe by the way) I want to feel hot lying topless on the beach
5. I want to feel secure looking at myself in the mirror
6. I want to be able to have children

My list could go on all day....usually when I think of these things I get sad and go eat a cake...but Im changing that!!!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #7  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Oh these are always super fun!

-I want to feel good walking around in my panties and bra in the morning when I'm getting ready.

-I wont have to rush to get dressed in the morning after a night of fun

-To be seen as motivation for others

-Wear cute clothes without feeling huge.

-To have ankles!!!

--Oh and finally, to make all the guys in my past jealous that they lost a chance with me. I'm gonna be a hottie!! :P
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #8  

First off, YOU ALL ROCK!! Totally made this thread already so fun Secondly, apparently I cannot spell ' journey ' ... Geeze!

Thirdly, I can totally relate to all of these!!! The wanting to wear regulations tall boots,Omg yesss! And smaller jeans than friend, yes please! Hot when nakey ... YES!!

Some more:

I want to run without feeling everything jiggle!

Be smaller than my hubby!

Although I'm very happily married, I want to be the hottie wife to my hubbys friend ... Hehe!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/214/165

I love this thread.

- SIL is pregnant, so I love the timing of me getting skinny while she gets Fat.(horrible, right?)

-Want to get pregnant with baby #3 in the fall, besides being at a healthy weight for baby, I would really love to have one of those cute baby bumps this time rather than looking like a whale.

-Finally be smaller than hubby
Bonesdontjiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #10  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Ah! Love this thread!

My legs have been fat since I was 15, I've never been able to make them skinny with ankles and smooth skin. So:

- I want to have muscular skinny legs that look better than my skinny friend who is just -thin-
- I want to wear size 36/34 (european) jeans and not cover up my behind with a long siort
- I want to go out on dates and have fun being comfortable in my body
- I want to buy a really nice leather corset and look smokin' hot for going to burlesque parties. Hihi.
- I wanna follow the latest fashion in flimsy clothes and not feel like I'm bigger than my friends.

I know I am not super big, nor have I been. But I live in Europe. So many people, especially the girls I hang out with, are half models. I am already one of the shortest people in my group of friends, and with the added weight.. uhg. I just wanna look more like the average hottie! Hihi.

Last edited by philana; 01-30-2012 at 12:35 PM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

These are all great! Some of mine:

-I want to wear a size 6 for the first time in my life!

-I want my bf to be able to easily pick me up

-I want to wear sexy lingerie and actually FEEL sexy in it

-I want to be able to take pictures and not worry about how fat I will look or trying to find a "good" angle

-I want these damn dimples in my butt and thighs to go away!! (that may never fully happen, sadly)
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I don't want to dread my best friend's wedding in 2013 because of stress over being 'the beached whale bridesmaid.'

Oh, and.. not having to be contained in one little section of the store that basically only sells muumuus. Although it will be dangerous when that day comes.

Last edited by djs06; 01-30-2012 at 12:52 PM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #13  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

- I want a waist size that's below 30"

- I am hoping to get pregnant again and I want to LOOK pregnant, not just fat! So I don't get a ton of confused looks when I'm 9 months pregnant...

- I don't want a single doctor to ever mention my weight again (ok, sort of health related but I do think I'm already at a pretty healthy weight for myself at the moment so I just don't want to hear about it anymore!)

- I want to look awesome in retro dresses.

- I don't want any family members to every refer to how "large" I am or give me cynical looks when I tell them my size.

- I'd like to have a flat stomach for once. I'm sick of looking slightly pregnant when I'm not (honestly not sure if this one is going to happen, though).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #14  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Hahaha. This is a great idea. All of us think these things, yet we are afraid to say them!! My reasons include :

- I don't want to continue being "the fat friend"
- I want to be skinnier then my bff who has always been thin and has always made secret little jabs at my weight. For example, I wear a tankini instead of a bikini.. and when we were shopping for her bathing suit, I held up one for her to look at (for her) and she said "I'm not some fat girl, why would I wear that"..... yet she knows that's the kind I wear!

- I want to be seen as the hot wife, and not the "pretty but chubby wife"
- I want to be able to wear tight shirts without the rolls or without the bra digging into the back fat causing the back rolls
-Yoga pants for running errands? YES!
-I want to show my friends, family and ex-friends that Yes, I CAN DO IT and I'm not going to be the fat girl forever.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #15  

Omg, yes!!! Back fat rolls!!!! LOL. I hate them!