Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/206/130

Height: 5'5

Default Phase 1

Hey Everyone...Im new to Ideal Protein Diet. Been getting tons of great tips to get me started. I have a friend whos doing this with me which makes it EASIER! We are struggling together!
Any hints, tips, advice etc. you can give us!?
Kesteremma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Read the daily thread. It has lots.

My advice is plan in advance. Know what you meals will be for the next few days and chop veggies, per cook, defrost, etc.

Funds ways to encorporate favorites. The blueberry pudding makes delicious blueberry muffins. The chocolate pudding make pretty tasty brownies. Check out the recipe thread for things you like.

Drink lots of water. Use the oil. Take the supplements.

If there is something you don't like the first time, try it again in a few weeks. You never know.

Really try to find a soup or omlette you like. With veggies added and a salad they make a satisfying and filling lunch. Plus, it make me feel less like I am drinking all my meals.

Good luck!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I find what I like and stick with it until I'm sick of it and find something else...the only constants in my diet have been my favorite IP foods (chocolate bar, Choc drink and Cap drink)... & just like mom said read through all the threads...TONS of information on here! Welcome and best wishes!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #4  
Restarter

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130ish

Height: 5'4"

I've started combining my foods (then splitting them in half, of course) to make"new"foods! For example, I mix the peanut soy puffs with the chocolate ones and omg it's just like reeses pieces. Also half the vanilla drink with the cappuccino, chocolate with the cap, vanilla with the choc.... I could go on and on lol making certain drinks hotter or colder, adding ice. Even putting the (thicker-made) soup on my veggies can make for good variety. Planning ahead and creativity help a lot
Alba09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185.5/171.5/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Plan ahead, plan ahead, plan ahead!

I make 4 cups of veggies at night with my dinner, then I have 2 cups ready to go with my omelet in the morning when I'm rushing to eat and get out the door. That's been a life saver. I also buy a one of every veggie per week, wash it all and sometimes even chop it up and then I mix it up everyday with what's on hand.

The biggest thing keeping me from boredom is fresh herbs and spices. I use a ton of basil, Italian parsley and cilantro with my one cooked meal and veggies. I also buy lots of ethnic spices and modify recipes to work. Last night I had chicken masala curry and bangan bhartha (mushy eggplant dish). They are Indian dishes usually loaded with oil, but I took the spices and added them to my chicken and eggplant and got all of the flavor and none of the fat or carbs. It felt so decadent! I try to do 2 different ethnicities per week. Tonight I made a cilantro-lime-garlic marinated shrimp and Italian spiced veggies, of which 2 cups will be with my breakfast in the morning.

Good luck and stick with it!
Lilmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Hi everyone. I start with my first meeting tonight. I am super excited about doing something for my health. I see tons of threads here. My question is, are there some daily must see threads that you all view? I will be looking at tons, but just want to know the must see ones if possible. Thanks!!!
parislady40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #7  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello,

What I advise you to do is to take some time to read the recipe threads, I think there are three by now and even though it is time consuming reading all of them, it is so worth it, I remember when I first read them, I was always thinking "omg I would have never thought of that!", also, read Finn Steven's page, this guy is a genius turning IP food into gourmet food, everything he does he illustrates it with amazing pictures and the best presentation of a dish that anyone can think of.

Good luck to you, this is the best diet ever, trust me.

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 01-31-2012 at 08:44 AM.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/264/170

Height: 5'6"

I need an ideal protein expert help! I am currently on my 7th week of IP and has lost a total of 26 lbs! I could not be any happier with how I am doing! Next weekend the (10th) is my birthday. My family really wants to throw me a little party with cake ugh! It's my birthday !! Someone mentioned maybe a strawberry shortcake with whip cream and angel food cake?

What are you thoughts? Can I have just a small sliver of cake? What will happe will I gain? Stop losing ?

Any thoughts would be great!!
Lopes89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #9  
start IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 235/195/175

Height: 5'8"

I would make the choc pancake into a big muffin and call it a cupcake. You will have another birthday next year where you can celebrate a bit more. This is what I did last month when it was my birthday. Everyone ate frosted cake and I had a big "choc cupcake".
cupcakecathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #10  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopes89 View Post
I need an ideal protein expert help! I am currently on my 7th week of IP and has lost a total of 26 lbs! I could not be any happier with how I am doing! Next weekend the (10th) is my birthday. My family really wants to throw me a little party with cake ugh! It's my birthday !! Someone mentioned maybe a strawberry shortcake with whip cream and angel food cake?

What are you thoughts? Can I have just a small sliver of cake? What will happe will I gain? Stop losing ?

Any thoughts would be great!!
What cupcake said. Make an IP cake using the chocolate pancake, you can even make icecream out of the drink. Cake isn't on the endangered species list, it will be there next year. Remember this isn't forever, just not right now.

There will always be an excuse to "taste", "cheat", or "slip" that can lead down a slippery slope. IP is pretty clear on being a no cheat protocol. You've done great so far, celebrate your birthday with your friends and family, not with the cake.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-02-2012 at 08:18 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote