Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Could my body be used to WW plan?

I know im keep banging on on posts but the scales arnt budging and im following my weightwatchers plan to a T and working out up to 5 time a week , im toaning up but i really want the scales to MOVE im slimming down for my wedding and its really getting me down.

Ive been doing ww since may last year ive been of and on and lost 22lbs in that time but i find it a very slow process at the min

Any weightloss programmes you can recommend? That can be done at home?
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Weight loss in general is a slow process. Afterall you didn't gain the weight overnight. Have you had someone look at your food intake? Maybe you're consuming too many grains or fruit? Working out causes your body to retain water as your muscles are 70% water so that might be something to look at. I lost most of my weight initially by just walking moderately and have just now at maintenance incorporated strength training. Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough fiber?

Don't give up! I see your wedding is in 15 months. In that amount of time if you lose 5 pounds/month you'll be pretty close to your goal but I wouldn't be surprised if you made your goal well before then.

I'm at my goal weight and can't seem to find a guy to date so I envy you for having a wedding to look forward to!

Good luck!
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #3  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidjng View Post
Weight loss in general is a slow process. Afterall you didn't gain the weight overnight. Have you had someone look at your food intake? Maybe you're consuming too many grains or fruit? Working out causes your body to retain water as your muscles are 70% water so that might be something to look at. I lost most of my weight initially by just walking moderately and have just now at maintenance incorporated strength training. Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough fiber?

Don't give up! I see your wedding is in 15 months. In that amount of time if you lose 5 pounds/month you'll be pretty close to your goal but I wouldn't be surprised if you made your goal well before then.

I'm at my goal weight and can't seem to find a guy to date so I envy you for having a wedding to look forward to!

Good luck!
Thank you, i know i just think i need to focus in and keep going. I know the water weight with muscles could be a factor just wish the scales would go down even by a pound is be happy lol
Old 01-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Personally I doubt that your body is "used to" the WW plan, but I don't put much credence in that concept. If you're on a plan that involves restriction of specific foods but no caloric restriction, perhaps you're taking "advantage" of this liberty and simply consuming too many calories. Not saying that's the case, just an idea to consider.

I think weight loss does boil down to calories. The other stuff -- food groups, timing, cycling, etc. -- may add A LITTLE efficiency to your diet, but there's no getting around the caloric equations, IMO.

The scale can certainly be unpredictable from week to week, but if you're consistently eating less than your body requires for fuel, you should start to see results over several weeks and months.

HTH Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #5  
~Kim~

I never had much success with WW because I'm the kind of person that the type of calories I eat do matter. It effects my water levels and my cravings and when I was on WW I allowed myself just way too many carbs. Carbs make me want more carbs and I'd usually end up having a hard time staying on plan.

You could try just calorie counting and start paying more attention to your carb/fat/protein ratios.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #6  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
I know im keep banging on on posts but the scales arnt budging and im following my weightwatchers plan to a T and working out up to 5 time a week , im toaning up but i really want the scales to MOVE im slimming down for my wedding and its really getting me down.

Ive been doing ww since may last year ive been of and on and lost 22lbs in that time but i find it a very slow process at the min

Any weightloss programmes you can recommend? That can be done at home?
I've had the same weight loss stalling issue on conventional diet/exercise programs, especially WW. Then I'd get frustrated and begin cheating, then quit altogether. I started Ideal Protein Nov 29, 2011 and have steadily lost around 3 lbs per week for a total of 30 lbs so far. I jumped on the band wagon the day I heard about Ideal Protein. Decided to give it a try and research while I was on it. I'm soooooooooo happy I did! Some people stay on IP until they've lost all their weight. I intend to switch back to diet/exercise before losing all my weight. Please look for the Ideal Protein group and read the success stories. You will be happy when you meet you weight loss goals by your wedding date! Congrats to you!!
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/ see ticker /147

Height: 5/4

I did ww's back in 2006 and lost 72 lbs in 6 months so the plan does work. I looked great and felt great and somehow allowed the lbs to creep back on :/ I tried several times to get back on but I just couldn't. I tried different diets throughout the years and now I'm trying herbalife. I don't know if your doing the point plus or the simply filling but maybe you might want to switch plans to see what works best for you. Also, maybe try incorporating more veggies/fruits/protein instead of processed foods. You can do this girlie
roxybabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #8  
Amazing will be me

Thanks everyone , im doing my points to a T and since beginning have been eating more fruit and veg im soo disheartened as ive tried sooo hard i lost 5lbs in first week of january. then i started working out and i gained n now 3 weeks on havent shifted anything.

I know ive just gota keep pushing but so frustrating when i know ive done my best

Last edited by lucky8; 01-30-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #9  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

As I understand it ... WW is just a simplified version of calorie counting.

If you're not losing at the desired rate - consider quitting WW and start counting calories. That said - you may miss the group support of WW.

Goodluck
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #10  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Well you have started working out, things might just be shifting and you did lost 5lbs in Jan, that's a great loss for the entire month! Hang in there, if your keeping to plan and exercising, you might just notice the change in your body and inches first before the scale even moves. So don't give up! The scale does lie
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #11  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Deltawifey View Post
Also look into the Weight Watchers "Wendie Plan". I'm doing a modified version and I really like it. Supposedly it's good to use when you are experiencing a plateau. good luck
im intrigued whats the wendie plan?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

You should definitely try a new diet then. Find one that works for you. People are different, so maybe WW is just not the one for you right now?
And if you've gained after you started working out, and think it might be water weight, then I suggest you drink A LOT of water for a week or two. And ONLY water. I did that, and lost 5.5 pounds in one week.
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #13  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

You said you're eating more fruits and veggies? I know with WW the fruits and veggies count as 0 points, so you might actually be eating too many of them. I can't say without knowing exactly how much you eat though.

Kenlie at All The Weigh counts fruits and veggies at 1 point because she found she wasn't losing when they counted for 0 points.

I'd have to +1 what John P said though. You might consider calorie counting if WW isn't working for you.

Last edited by sontaikle; 01-30-2012 at 02:35 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

I average about a 1.5 lbs loss with the WW points plus plan when I am sticking to it. This exceeds my usual weight loss when I am just counting calories. There are other factors besides calories that come into play with the plan...such as glycemic response. Low carb vegies should not be a problem. Too much fruit, however, could impact your progress.
It can be frustrating when you work hard but don't see the scale reflecting your efforts,but you could be building muscle. Look for signs in the way your clothes fit. Keep up the good work !!!!
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote