Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default I'm tired

There are days when I just wake up tired. I'm tired of working out. I'm tired of analyzing every little thing that I put into my mouth. I'm tired of meal planning and having to prepare my meals a week ahead of time. I'm tired of feeling guilty and mad at myself when I go off the meal plan or binge. I'm tired of drinking so much water and realizing that it's still not enough. I'm tired of hearing on tv that me working out 3 days a week isn't near enough to achieve weight loss. I'm tired of seeing the trainer, nutritionist, therapist, myriad of doctors. I'm tired of taking medications. I'm tired of testing my blood sugar 3 to 4 times a day. I'm tired of getting jealous of my friends who do half of what I do and lose weight 10 times as fast. I'm tired of feeling like I'm lazy and not working hard enough. I'm tired of having to go online to find workout clothes because I can't find anything that's big enough in a store that I can try on. I'm tired of feeling too fat to go to the gym. I'm tired of having to wake up at 6 AM to go to the gym. I'm tired of feeling self-conscious about what I order at a restaurant with my coworkers. I'm tired of having to feel deprived at a party or gathering because I can't eat or drink what everyone else is. I'm tired of having to explain to my friends why I'm not eating or drinking what they are. I'm tired of feeling embarrassed telling people about my weight loss journey or my medical issues. I'm tired of feeling like the clock is ticking away and feeling like I've waited too long to try to lose weight. I'm tired of feeling like it's never going to happen for me. I'm tired of feeling like the rest of the world is moving without me because I'm standing still. I'm just so tired.

What do you do on the days when you feel tired?
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #2  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

I was there. and I wasn't on this website then. Luckily, I have my motivational speaker type husband and you have us!
trust me, keep at it and your hard work will pay off. Things will get easier and you'll feel better. and you'll be glad you stayed on track when you were tired. I read another post from someone else today who said 'just get past this day staying on your plan, and you'll wake up tomorrow feeling better that you did, then another day and another day'. then, you're 15 pounds down and you'll be glad you did I feel your pain today, I really do, but it will get better. Stay strong
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #3  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

There must be something in the air today.. there are a few people feeling down around here!

I"m sorry you're feeling so... tired of it all. I feel tired for you. That's a lot to deal with all at once.

So don't! Just think of one single thing that will make it ALL better.. one single thing like: 'this is the very last day that I will weigh this many pounds. Maybe the scale will be up 2 tomorrow because of a million little variables, but I KNOW that if I am completely on plan today and exercise, that I have moved in the right direction. It might take a few days to actually see it on the scale.. but it's there. EVERY SINGLE DAY my body is getting lighter and healthier'.

That's what I tell myself when I'm feeling down.
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hang in there, I've felt that way before. that's where the gratitude threads come in handy.

I am grateful beyond belief that I've changed my eating and exercise habits to the point I have, and that I've lost the weight that I have. I do remember what it was like in my more difficult times.

and wow, it's directly due to my efforts, my working through Weight Watchers, and Jenny Craig and figuring what works for me eating wise. And getting my behind to the gym, or exercising at home, through a period when I HATED to do all of it, to the point where now I love it. even with a trainer, when I felt embarrassed, and out of shape and weak.

I think it's ok to get tired when we put a lot of work and effort into something. then it's good to look back and savor what's been accomplished.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I think we all feel that way sometimes. But remember that you feel this way and let it motivate you into changing things so you will never have to feel that way again. Use it as a positive if possible.

We are all taking responsibility for past actions just by being in here. We see the problem. We know what to do to fix it. Some days are easier than others. But one thing for certain - this is going to go on for ever if we want to succeed. So we also have to get used to it. "On Plan" is the way thin, healthy people eat. Very, very, very few people can "eat anything they want" and not gain weight.

You don't have to explain anything to your friends regarding what you are choosing to eat at any given moment or in any given situation. "I don't feel like having any right now" is good enough. (AND, if they push the issue, "What part of 'I don't feel like having any right now' don't you understand?" is good enough. LOL)

People are paying way less attention to you than you think. Or, at least, are judging you less than you think, so you can stop feeling tired about that right now! That covers eating out, being at the gym, and a multitude of other situations you can stop fretting over.

Think how great it will feel if you don't have to check blood sugar 3 - 4 times a day. Think how great it will feel after being on plan all week to go out with friends and eat what you want for one meal. And along with that, realize that "what you want" when you are thinner and healthier will probably not be what you think now that you'll want!

I feel for you right now because I know what you mean. It will get better. You will become used to the healthy choices. You will come to realize what a load of garbage it is that we listen to every day on TV and the radio. Think how someone my age feels hearing at every moment that it's impossible to lose "stubborn belly fat" after menopause. That's enough to make you quit before you start! You'll do it in your own time and will never feel tired of what you accomplished.

Oh - and wait until people start to notice you're losing! What a day-brightener it is to be told you look good. It's all coming for you. Just hang in there.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 01-29-2012 at 03:26 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

This was me all weekend. Know that its not just you....I've been here before and I know it will pass. Like you, however, I just reached my boiling point this weekend. Sending US big smiles today.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

linjber, How long did it take you to lose that much weight? I have 74 more to get to my goal.

Aliasihaya, I know how you feel about being tired. I really could care less bout what other people think, I am doing this for me and you should be doing this for you. The weight didn't pile on overnight and it's not going to be gone overnight, be patient and keep moving, you will feel better.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #8  

stlrsgrl43 - (Polamalu fan, I assume?) Hi! I'm just a ways up 79 in Erie! It took me from January 13th to October 1st of last year. I've been maintaining at about 160 - 162 since then. Just stick with it - you'll get there.

Lin
Old 01-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #9  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

*hugs*

I feel the exact same way.
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #10  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

You, my friend, have become totally saturated. Its time to wring you out.

Ask yourself....what do I WANT? Want, not need. Want, not should do or should have. Is it food related? Is it something material? Is it a day off work? Is it a nap? Definitely, what you need is a break. A break from something. One act of ENOUGH already. That defiance will give you a hand up, and I promise the strength to get back to what you really want, which is health and getting thinner.

Want to hear the good news?

Everyone here has felt as you are right now. I could have written your post myself in September, and maybe I even did write something similar.

More good news? I see from your ticker that you're 2 pounds away from a goal.

More? I also see you've lost 8 pounds.

That gym membership is going to still be there if you don't go for a week. If you give yourself a break going for a week, perhaps you will not feel so obligated to do it. You may even find yourself looking forward to going after a break from it because it may change your perspective.

More good news? John P's tagline states diet is for weight loss and exercise is for fitness. If you google that, you'll find that John P is a smart cookie. Dieting plays the bigger role in losing weight, so don't feel bad about skipping the gym that you're currently tired of going to.

More about the gym. . .you're not too big to go there. The skinnier people there didn't start out skinny, nor did the buff people there start out buff.

As to going out with coworkers . . . you don't owe them an explanation about anything you put into your mouth . . . and by now they should understand your struggles. If they can't be supportive, don't go.

I don't drink--but I love to sing. My daughter dragged me out of the house to a karaoke bar a few weeks ago. Everyone around is drinking, and many are eating bar food. Me? I have a seltzer and I've already eaten dinner. I know those greasy wings or burger aren't worth it...and I have no room for them in my belly, let alone my WL journey. So I go up and I sing and I have fun and I sip my seltzer and I ignore the greasy grossness being consumed - b/c I'm having a good time being out, singing a song. And then, too, I realize someone else is drinking seltzer and not eating...and I know it isn't just me...and even tho I didn't quite feel out of place non-drinking in a bar...now I feel more at ease with my choices to be bold enough to dare go out to such an environment--and still have fun. And I go weekly now. It fills a void I didn't even realize I had.

Sometimes life and work get so stressful, all I want is a nap. Of course, I have to work...and I can put all my energy into that between 9/5. But when I come home, I may have to have some "me time" and tell my family...sorry, but mommy has to go to sleep--cook yourself a frozen pizza or pick up something to eat...you're on your own tonight.

Sometimes, that nap is just the thing I needed. If it gets really bad and you want to stop the world - call out sick from work. Call out. Take a "me" day, and even if you just sleep all day, it can change your perspective. Call out sick when you're not sick - oh, its so devious - and enjoy the day.

More good news? You're tired of feeling like it won't happen for you--but its happening for you right now. You're stronger than you know. You have a wealth of information and support right here at your fingertips.

AND? You're not alone in your issues, cuz here we all are, giving you a tight forum hug.

So, take a breath, take a break, take a hot bath......take a long walk, don't go to the gym, treat yourself to something decadent tonight meal wise knowing that tomorrow you'll be more focused. If you put a great effort into the week days food wise at work, you may find you can splurge a bit on the weekends. I find the workweek very easy and more apt to be tempted on the weekends. Sometimes I am strong enough to fight the temptation; other times, I plan for the splurge, or splurge just a little.

You are going to be okay. You don't want to give up--that shows in the tone of your post. You are just saturated. So, wring yourself out. You will be okay.

Last edited by 124chicksinger; 01-29-2012 at 04:46 PM.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

linjber, OH yes a polamalu fan, I love my pittsburgh steelers. So it took approx 10 months, wow good for you. I am counting calories and trying to eat low fat and low carb and high protien and high fiber. I don't get my ticker till the 30th, can't wait. It is soooo nice to see real people who have lost so much weight, it's uplifting and gives me hope.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

<<I'm tired of having to feel deprived at a party or gathering because I can't eat or drink what everyone else is. >>

Have you ever actually watched what those people are eating, for three or four hours in a row? I'll bet many of them are eating less than you think. In my experience, naturally thin people often give the appearance of eating quite a lot (and talk a good line) but actually eat quite little. You see them eating a lot at the party, but some of them may have skipped one or two meals that day (probably without suffering, because they don't have strong hunger signals).

Even if you have a slower-than-average metabolism and medical issues, you still belong to the same species as your friends. If you eat too much, you'll gain. If they eat too much, they'll also gain.

I think we sometimes magnify the gap between "us" and "them" in our minds. It only brings us down, so I suggest you not focus on "them" so much. Concentrate on finding your own zone.

Freelance

Last edited by freelancemomma; 01-29-2012 at 05:14 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #13  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I'm tired of feeling like the rest of the world is moving without me because I'm standing still.
But it sounds to me like you're not standing still. You're trying really hard and you're making progress! That kind of work is tiring.

I'll echo what linJber said, maybe what you need is a break. I myself love naps because I generally don't get enough sleep at night. A nap, a mental health day off from work, something that's just for you might be helpful.

Try not to get discouraged. Good luck!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #14  

stlrsgrl43 - it took 8 1/2 months to lose 90 pounds, not 10. I not pointing this out to make myself look better, but to let you know it can be done. I'm by far not the only one and I'm by far not the 3fc "biggest loser." Lots of 3fc members have lost at the rate of 12 - 15 pounds per month. Many, many members. I averaged about 3 pounds a week to start, then between 1% - 1.5% of my body weight per week until I got to 162 and stopped. I think this is very doable. I count calories and keep to low carb and fats with high protein and fiber. I eat as many veggies as I wanted and pretty much any fruit, too, but limit bananas a little. And I drink at least 80 ounces of water a day. I ease up on the weekends now, but didn't while I was losing. I also go to the gym and do classes - about 5 or 6 a week. That helps keep me motivated. Can't wait to watch your progress!

Lin
Old 01-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #15  

Steph - I think it was Chicksinger who suggested a break - but I sure love a nap on a Sunday afternoon and a long bubble bath on Wednesday night after taking 2 tough classes back to back at the gym! I'll have to second that motion. Sometimes a break is exactly what we need to get recharged.

While I really am a big fan of "just do it" I realize we all need down time, too. And I realize it's easier for someone in my situation - older, no kids, no one demanding snacks, etc. in the house, post-menopause - to focus on "me." No one else is demanding my time except my job and the normal stuff you have to do to maintain a home. There would have been more strain in that respect if I had tried this years ago. It's one of the reasons I give no real credence to the idea that it's harder to lose weight as we get older. My metabolism is a bit slower than that of a 30 year old, but I don't have all the other stresses. I think it more than evens out. I'm able to have the "break" Singerchick mentions pretty much any time I want. Sometimes I forget we aren't all in exactly the same boat so I forget we all don't have that luxury.

Lin