Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 1/28 - Sunday 1/29

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #2  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Since BACKDROPsilhouette shared her jars on yesterday's thread, I figured I'd share mine too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...012-1793-2.jpg

Hopefully that shows up okay. It's been a very long time since I've used my photobucket account and I've never linked a photo here before. Thanks to Wuv for posting the inspiration. It was an easy project and I'm looking forward to having something tangible to move the pounds around. Especially since I don't really see or feel a difference yet. This helps me to "see" a difference and keep motivated.

Last edited by PBNJENNISANDWICH; 01-28-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: My picture was HUGE! lol
Old 01-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #3  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Morning all

Happy IP OP Saturday,

Day 3 for me and yesterday was a little like a train was smashing through my skull, had a massive headache which persisted for most of the day, ended up taking some Advil to clear it at 5pm, however 100% on plan with the diet and i am very happy with that! Never once thourght to get something OP with carbs!. I cheekily jumped on the scales this morning looks like in 2 days I've lots about 4.2 pounds!

So far loving this diet, and I'm not feeling hungry between meals and I'm looking forward to the food

Happy OP Weekend to all

Cheers/S...

Last edited by AussieonIP; 01-28-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/136.5/130

Height: 5'4

I am back! Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. For several weeks I ate everything I wanted and more.... I learned I did not feel good and felt sad that I was gaining weight. Well this week I went back on the program and feeling better and getting closer to my goal. It is all a learning experience. It is important to know that it is ok to make a mistake.... Can always regroup and start again.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Good morning! I have a dinner I have to go to tonight, I WILL stay OP, not an option! Question, on my list of proteins it doesn't list Prime Rib as one? Does anyone know if Prime Rib is OK? I'm just worried it's maybe too fatty? Thanks!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Its been a while...

I lost 1.6lbs on my WI, and no inches. But I'm not worried because I know its from TOM bloating and water retention. So I'm still good.

Yesterday, my mom, sister, and I went to Perkins so I made sure I was prepared for the restaurant. I didn't get what I had planned, but still stayed OP. I had an omelet with spinach, tomato, and mushroom in it. Approximately 2oz of meat, and steamed broccoli (no butter!) I also enjoyed a very lovely cup of coffee, with a lovely glass of water. All OP. YAY!

I also had a NSV, my sister ordered a double chocolate muffin. I looked at what was my fav muffin and felt nauseous. I'm very proud of myself!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Its been a while...

I lost 1.6lbs on my WI, and no inches. But I'm not worried because I know its from TOM bloating and water retention. So I'm still good.

Yesterday, my mom, sister, and I went to Perkins so I made sure I was prepared for the restaurant. I didn't get what I had planned, but still stayed OP. I had an omelet with spinach, tomato, and mushroom in it. Approximately 2oz of meat, and steamed broccoli (no butter!) I also enjoyed a very lovely cup of coffee, with a lovely glass of water. All OP. YAY!

I also had a NSV, my sister ordered a double chocolate muffin. I looked at what was my fav muffin and felt nauseous. I'm very proud of myself!
Way to go Emily! Don't NSV's like that make you feel so much better than eating the muffin would have? It's such a mindset I find you just have to get "in the zone" ! LOL
Old 01-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all ! i did it! 10 lbs down before punta cana.... one week left before departure... will see how much more my ol' body lets go. have a great OP day!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #9  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Morning Everyone!
Getting ready for my first WI. So nervous! Been really sick all week, but I stayed OP. So ready to see the scales and to feel better! If I haven't lost I will be crushed! Praying for good results to bolster my morale! Have a great day and will post my results!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Morning Everyone!
Getting ready for my first WI. So nervous! Been really sick all week, but I stayed OP. So ready to see the scales and to feel better! If I haven't lost I will be crushed! Praying for good results to bolster my morale! Have a great day and will post my results!
Good luck!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

Starting week 3 today. I have never had this much energy before. I feel fantastic!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #12  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Default Good Job

Great Job LosingForGood2010! Keep up the good work. This is my week#4 and my weigh is on Tuesday. Hoping to lose 2 more lbs atleast!

W1 -6 W2 -4 W3 -2 W4 Tuesday!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
Since BACKDROPsilhouette shared her jars on yesterday's thread, I figured I'd share mine too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...012-1793-2.jpg

Hopefully that shows up okay. It's been a very long time since I've used my photobucket account and I've never linked a photo here before. Thanks to Wuv for posting the inspiration. It was an easy project and I'm looking forward to having something tangible to move the pounds around. Especially since I don't really see or feel a difference yet. This helps me to "see" a difference and keep motivated.
I think that's a wonderful idea
Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #14  

Well, this is Day 6. I haven't had an official WI but I am down 7.5 pounds on my scale. I feel so much more energetic. I am still struggling to get in all the vegetables and I still have a rash (it's going down). Seeing the numbers drop so quickly is such a motivator. I hope I can keep the momentum.
I enjoy reading all your posts and have gained so much more insight already. Have a great Saturday!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #15  
Started IP 12/30/2011

S/C/G: 207.6/194.5/145

Height: 5'6

week 4 Weigh in -5lbs.
Closed Thread