Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #1  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default Feeling depressed as ex-friend lost weight faster....

I know it sounds petty, and I feel like a horrible person for even thinking it, but it always made me feel better knowing that my ex-friend wasn't losing weight. She is a very stuck-up horrible person (reason why we are not friends anymore). Even after not seeing or speaking to each other for 6 months, I'd find out that she was calling me fat or something stupid on Twitter, even though we were the same size! I thought she would have moved on, but clearly she hadn't. We share the same circle of friends, and I found out today that she has lost a lot of weight due to taking diet pills and throwing up...

I understand that how she lost weight is not healthy at all, but I'm still feeling really depressed about it and like I am some type of failure because now I'm still bigger then her, even tho I have lost some weight. I feel like some petty 12 year old, but I can't help it =( I haven't thought about her in a long time, and I wasn't losing weight to "win" or anything.. but finding out that someone who was so rude to you and calling you fat is not skinnier then you SUCKS! Sorry I had to vent!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

She might be losing, now but she will probably regain it plus more when she stops her unhealthy diet.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Yes! Slow and steady wins the race. No matter what, if someone is ugly on the inside, it shows through on the outside, regardless of their size/weight. Stay strong and ignore her completely.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #4  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

How much did she lose & how fast?
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Its hard when someone you trusted turns and craps on you. Of course, it's human nature to want them to suffer for their ways, so it bites when it seems they are doing better than you are. But... She might have lost a few pounds now, but you know that they we she did isn't sustainable and probably doesn't t look as nice as you will when you get there. A healthy weight loss definitely looks better.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

She'll gain everything back (maybe and then some) and you'll be sittin' pretty at your goal =)

I understand that feeling though. My ex boyfriend use to tell me "not to kid" myself and that I've "gotten fat." Well you know what? We'll both be at the same wedding next month and I've lost almost 30 pounds. But him? He must have found my 30lbs and started suffering from a receding hairline and a bald spot. I'm feeling pretty smug about it. Just give your ex friend a few months, she's either going to keep damaging herself or she'll gain it back. And either way, you can pride yourself on knowing you did it the right way and you'll be able to keep it off without needing to vomit.

Last edited by Daki; 01-27-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

That's natural, don't worry about it. Four years ago, I told my Gram that I wanted to work out at Curves to lose weight. My cousin heard about it and started putting Curves down saying it was a waste of money. Months later, I was down 30 pounds. Just so you can get an idea of how petty and immature she is...she was in her late 30's, I was 19, and she was picking on me...

She decided to lose weight herself after I had put weight back on and acted like she was the cat's meow the entire time. She was walking miles, severely limiting her calorie intake, etc. and dropped a bunch of weight. Years later, we're switching again - I'm down 14 pounds and she's back up higher than she ever was before she started.

I haven't said anything to her, I've always kept my mouth shut, but I'm definitely feeling pretty happy...

If she's losing it like my cousin did - cutting corners, going too fast, being unrealistic - she'll put it back on. Don't check her Twitter or anything else if possible and if friends are reporting back to you on what she's saying, ask them to stop because you don't need to hear it. She's a loser, don't waste your time. ^.^
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I do get what you are saying about how you feel.

But face it. This friend is an EX for a reason.

Un Twitter, Facebook, Email, Text, Phone number. Let it go. Unless you have to work with this ex friend or are related, drop it.

This person is not good for you, only because you are giving her the control.

Take it back!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Yes! Slow and steady wins the race. No matter what, if someone is ugly on the inside, it shows through on the outside, regardless of their size/weight. Stay strong and ignore her completely.
I strongly agree with you. Losing weight doesn't make a better person inside,that good part is always there in those who have it to begin with.
Keep on trucken. Going slow,your weight stays off longer.
birdfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
I know it sounds petty, and I feel like a horrible person for even thinking it, but it always made me feel better knowing that my ex-friend wasn't losing weight. She is a very stuck-up horrible person (reason why we are not friends anymore). Even after not seeing or speaking to each other for 6 months, I'd find out that she was calling me fat or something stupid on Twitter, even though we were the same size! I thought she would have moved on, but clearly she hadn't. We share the same circle of friends, and I found out today that she has lost a lot of weight due to taking diet pills and throwing up...

I understand that how she lost weight is not healthy at all, but I'm still feeling really depressed about it and like I am some type of failure because now I'm still bigger then her, even tho I have lost some weight. I feel like some petty 12 year old, but I can't help it =( I haven't thought about her in a long time, and I wasn't losing weight to "win" or anything.. but finding out that someone who was so rude to you and calling you fat is not skinnier then you SUCKS! Sorry I had to vent!
IT IS OK TO VENT. jUST KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ON YOURSELF AND STOP THINKING OF HER.
birdfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 131/sig/110

You're doing it the right way.
Don't get depressed over this.
She may be losing weight fast but you know she's struggling inside to resort to such unhealthy methods to lose weight.
You're more likely to keep the weight of if you're losing weight steadily.
Lemongrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #12  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I feel ya, Its hard to see people succeed where we seem to be falling short. I had a ex friend lose 60lbs and although she looked amazing I was jealous because I didn't think I would be able to do what she did. It was hard but I stopped all contact with her because seeing her success only made me feel worse.

You said she was losing weight in a unhealthy way, then be proud of yourself and try looking at it this way. You are losing weight the healthy way, the proper way, in order for her to do what you are she had to resort to doing it in the unhealthy way. Plus she will probably gain it all back and more when she starts eating regularly again.
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #13  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Keep up the good work!!

I'm going to parrot everyone else. She will never be able to maintain if her weight loss is done by using unhealthy means. You'll get there and you'll look so hot because you're doing it right. Then you'll stay there. She'll gain it back.

Realistically, you probably already look better than her. People who lose weight too fast or by using unhealthy methods look sick. They don't look well at all!!

It sounds like you can only limit her from your life, but you can't eliminate her completely. I would ask mutual friends, or those in your life who are "filling you in" on what she says about you on Twitter or wherever, to please stop. You getting this information does not appear to be benefiting you in any way. It's upsetting you. It's not like you're friends and she's throwing you under the bus. You've already removed her from your life. Therefore, what she says about you doesn't' really matter. You already know who she is.

I don't know why you matter to her anyways. If you're not friends anymore, why does she mention you at all? She must be jealous of you or intimidated by you.

Last edited by twinieten; 01-28-2012 at 07:08 AM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

It's not petty to feel like you do - it's human nature. Just keep thinking about how great it will feel to prove everyone wrong (talk about "petty!") and know that you're making healthy life style changes. It's going to work for you in the short term and in the long term, too. That's worth more than anything. Keep up the good work.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry you're feeling depressed. It's hard to not only have someone say hurtful things, but also get what you want...especially when they haven't put in the work to get it like you are.

I will say, if I was friends with someone, or even around someone that was openly making fun of someone for there weight, especially being as immature and petty as putting it out on social medias, my opinion of her wouldn't be very high. I'm sure many in your circle of friends feel the same way. She's hoping to get a reaction from you, the best thing you can do is not give her what she wants. Just ignore her and continue to let her make herself look bad.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote