Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #1  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Default Everything sounds fun, and I cant decide what exercise to do!

Ok so I'm one of the crazy people whose highlight of my day is the time I spend working out... I honestly cant think of a workout that I dont like.. ;-) Anyways- maybe this will sound crazy but... There are so many fun options out there.. how do you choose? I ran a half marathon last year and had lots of fun, I really want to do another one. HOWEVER- It took a lot of time and training to get ready... and there are so many other workouts that I want to try that if I do them all I wont be able to train hard enough to be prepared!

I've done Insanity, the Asylum, turbo jam and P90X and loved them. P90X 2 just came out and I'm dying to do a round! but I'm sure that I could never be totally committed to that while training for a race- I'd die. There is also a twice a week ballet blast class that opened at one of my dance studios- I want to sign up for that. I took a zumba class, loved it.. and I would love to be a regular in the class. I also have a big dance audition coming up and have been dancing and demonstrating a lot more in the classes I teach so I can get ready...

I think my biggest problem is that I don't want to start a program or training for something unless I can be tot/ally committed to it, so I suppose just doing one at a time (for the most part) will be my best bet.

OK- I feel like a crazy person, but I'm really feeling torn about what to sign up for or buy and what to hold off on. (If it helps, I'm not really worried about losing any more weight, woudnt mind putting on some more muscle-- but I just really like to exercise) Maybe Ill just take a vote. If you made it through my post.. let me know!

Whats your favorite exercise/training program and why?

Thanks everyone. :-)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Height: 5'3"

Since you plan to do another marathon, maybe try to pick something that supports that effort. I like kettlebells for strength & stamina, & have found that they made me faster in my primary sport.

I have a friend who runs ultras & she also does CrossFit. It looks like a lot of fun.
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'7"

My vote is for Zumba and Zumba toning classes. Endurance builder especially the 60 minute classes and the dance moves are fab. You sweat, have a great time, and become addicted to that rush you get after class.
Anagard011 is offline   Reply With Quote