General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #1  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

S/C/G: 291/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone Get a Tattoo as part of their weight loss reward?

I have always wanted to get a tattoo, but didn't because of my body. So I decided when I hit goal I will finally get one. Im going to get a lotus flower not sure where yet, but most likely somewhere I can cover it if I need to. Have any of you all got a tattoo to commemorate your weight loss goal/journey?
CocoTruffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes. Mine is on my upper right rib cage, and reads "Defy Gravity" with little acid green stars running through it (it's a reference to a song from the musical Wicked that has great personal meaning to me, particularly as it relates to my weight loss). I got it to celebrate 3 years of maintenance, and I love it.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I got one on my 1 year maintenance anniversary. It's a Chinese proverb that says "Dripping water can wear through stone" to remind me of the thousands of little changes I have to stick to. It's about 4 inches long, starting an inch below my shirt collar, down my spine.

Still love it, still meaningful to me.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Not exactly. I had my next ink planned before I started losing, and since part of it wil be on my upper arm, I've decided to wait awhile. It's going to be a bunch of tulips. Now I think I'm going to add a Monarch butterfly, to represent the journey and the transformation.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I think I want to do this and I'm totally not an ink kind of gal believe me as I think "permanent" and cringe. But in this case.... The weight loss needs to be permanent. So it seems fitting. I won't do it until I've maintained a year at least.

But... I have nooooooo idea what to do or get. Only thing that pops up in my head is "never again", but for anyone seeing it, they might be like, "what? You got a tatto to say you'll never get a tattoo again?" (which would also be true, but not the point).

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-26-2012 at 09:51 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
But... I have nooooooo idea what to do or get. Only thing that pops up in my head is "never again", but for anyone seeing it, they might be like, "what? You got a tatto to say you'll never get a tattoo again?" (which would also be true, but not the point).
I've found the best thing with tattoos or other body modifcations is when someone asks you why you either say "why not?" or "it's personal, I'd rather not get into it." I think "never again" is a good one! If you don't want people asking, put it where they can't see it! It is for you, after all. But if it helps I think most people would assume there is a more personal reason for it and not assume it's that you'll never get another one lol!

As for me, I do have a tattoo that I want and have been toying with making it a goal weight treat. It has nothing to do with weight loss but I want my grandma to write me a note and I'll get that tattooed. She's like my third parent, until I was 14 it was just her, my mom, and I. She's very special to me. Except she doesn't like tattoos so I have to work on her a bit.. my aunt thinks it's a great idea too and is also going to bring it up with her. I want a tattoo for her and I don't want her to pass away before I get it.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Yes. But I have no idea what or where yet. Luckily I have more time to be inspired.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #8  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Berry, maybe you can come up with an image that symbolizes "never again" for you, or get the words in another language, or very intricate script. Start thinking, and let your mind wander. Have fun daydreaming!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I don't really do the whole "reward" system thing; I consider feeling better & having better fitting clothes to be my reward

But that said... I have 12 tattoos. They all mean/represent something. I'd love to get more - many more! - but OMG, it's an expensive art.

Good luck with your lotus, Coco! - and keep this in mind... tattoos are addictive... I mean, I just wanted one... when I was 42... now I'm 48 & have 12. See what I mean?
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote