Old 01-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Default P90X...let's see how this works.

Ok so I know there is other p90X out on this forum but I didn't want to steal anybody's thunder.......

So here is my "accountability" blog so to say. My boyfriend and I started it today.....Back and Arms......

Almost allllllll pushups and pullups. I hate them both. I can't do a pullup so I did modified as best as I could. I had to do half *** girly pushups on your knees....but it has been a good year or so before I have been able to do good pushups (more like 2 years since I got out of the academy )

So we made it through. My muscles are fatigued all right! Not as many calories as I would have liked to burn, but I am sure I will be sore tomorrow.

So.......

Weigh In.......157

Belly- 37 inches
Upper abs- 30 1/2 inches
***- 42 inches
Arm- 12 inches
Mid Thigh- 23 1/2 inches

It's going to be a long 90 days!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #2  

I have taken before pictures. I may share them later on, but for now I want to wait!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

p90x was the hardest thing I ever did, physically... lol... Goooood luck! (its way way worth it, though!)
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #4  

I hope so! Did you have as much trouble with the first one as me?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #5  
is super awesome.

Yes, lol... and the next day I felt like death, ... It does AMAZING things for your body, though. I lost my first 38lbs doing it.. I plan to do it again once I'm closer to goal to really help tone things up. Those first few weeks though, I was constantly sore... As long as you keep going with it, itll be worth it. And since I was a couch-sitter previous to that, I did the "lean" version, which is supposedly more chick-friendly..
Old 01-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #6  

Oh I hope so....I do feel sore but I just wonder how much it worked me since I could only do everything pansy style. Did you follow the diets or just stick to calorie counting?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #7  
is super awesome.

I stuck to CC'ing. I'm not a follow-this-diet kinda gal - I've tried more than once, lol... With CC'ing, I can eat whatever, just under my calories, which works for me.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #8  

awesome thanks, I am going to do that too. I don't like preplanned meals by someone else (especially when lettice is involved!)
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #9  

Ok Day 2------
Plyometrics

Oh am I sore! Plyos went way better than day 1. It was longer and a lot of work, don't get me wrong!

Mostly this workout is about your hamstrings, quads, calves. Lots of jumping around.

If you do this your toes WILL rub, so maybe double up on socks and use foot powder!

I also did really good on my calories yesterday. An intake of 1270. Not sure how much I burned with P90X.

But supper was really good! I made a creamy mushroom sauce with red peppers and shrimp! I made it about 470 calories a serving. (made 2 for us)

4 ounces high fiber pasta-420
1 cup low fat greek yogurt-130
15 grams- parmeasan cheese-60
4.6 ounces portabella mushroom-50
12.6 ounces of red bell pepper-90
1 tsp chicken stock concentrate-10
8 ounces shrimp with tails- 160
Splash of milk- 20

seasonings, minced garlic, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper....and I think that was it.

Turned out awesome.....I put way to much red pepper flakes cause it was hot as **** but yummy!

Best thing was I also made this new "Miracle Noodle" to try it with the pasta....it was ACTUALLY GOOD! I say that because this Miracle Noodle is CALORIE FREE! I don't believe it either.....But it wasn't bad...texture is like asian rice noodles.....

Anyways I hope I can keep my eating to a minimal. I want to drop weight ASAP as I have been too lax with myself..thus why I have not had any real progress before starting P90X.

Like before after work is the hardest time for me to stop myself from eating snacks. BLAH I love food too much!

Last edited by JudgeDread; 01-25-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #10  

Ah, day 3- Shoulders and Arms

I really liked this workout. Maybe because it wasn't intense cardio LOL! Almost all weights, biceps, triceps, and shoulders. Reps for 30 secs to a minute a few times. I am not sore, YET..I know I will be tomorrow or by the end of today.

I did really good on my intake again! 1212 calories! It is lower than maybe I should...but I want to see if I have any good results by the end of the week. I have done awesome...but it has ONLY been 3 days.

I am afraid the weekend will throw me off...and I am going to do my best not to drink any beers or emty calories......ug that will be hard when my BF drinks a beer in front of me!

Last night I made Pork Curry

(2 servings)
8 ounces pork chop-265
1/2 cup dry rice-300
5 oz broccoli-50
7.5 oz mushrooms-50
2 tbls corn oil (for wok lubricant)-240 (I should have measured that better)

So that comes to a total of-453 calories per serving!

Not bad, even with the oil. I need to try to find a way to cut back on that. But the wok is touchy and hard to cook with if you don't use oil. I may try PAM again and see how it works... I'd use olive oil but for woks you need to use an oil that can handle high heat...so yeah makes it a little tougher!

So if you'd like to make it....

Cut up your stuff...(get your rice in the rice cooker or going on the stove) Then chop up your veggies and meat. Heat pan, add oil and sear the veggies one at a time. Take them out before searing the others because the wok will cool off too much if you overload it.

Remove all veggies and add more oil to lube up the pan and sear the pork. Add curry powder, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and pepper flakes. Once the pork is cooked add your veggies..stir (Taste test it in case you want to add something)

Serve on top of steamed rice! Yum!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #11  
is super awesome.

I'm glad to see youre still going! And I ordered that Tony Horton 10 min trainer, I saw the informercial and I got it offa ebay (which is where I got my p90x, lol..) It's marked as out for delivery today, so I plan on doing that tonight.

Good luck with your stuff! And I'm liking that youre posting your recipes!

Keep it up!!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #12  

Ah thanks! I did notice though that we were supposed to do the AB Ripper night 1, and last night! I wasn't paying attention to the book, but by the numbered disk lol...

Well we were going to do Ab Ripper last night after the main one, only to find out the disk is off balance. My 5 disk surround sound is not HD..and that is the only disk reader that will actually play the dvd. The computers I guess have not enough room to handle the wobble the CD has in order to read the disk >

Alas the P90x is taking up a lot of of our time at night. I don't start till he gets home which is about 2 hours after me. And then I cook supper, eat, shower, and it's nearly time for bed!

I told my BF I can do it when I get home, then cook while he does it..but he doesn't want to do it alone........BLAH! Maybe he will change his mind later on as we have such a short evening.

I hope you like the meals! You don't have to have a wok to do it, but I certainly like the Asian feel to it hehe.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #13  

Day 4 Yoga

Well needless to say I was not impressed by Yoga....I just never got into it before, and this was an HOUR AND A HALF slow moving yoga. Good for for stretching but boring as ****! So we did 30 minutes and then decided to go for a walk.

As for intake I still did very good! 1280 calories!

Supper I made a cheesy pasta with ground beef.......not my most awesome creation but I already had the meat thawing and he wanted something cheesy haha.

But I managed to keep the calories down to 420 per person since I used the Miracle Noodles. So I added Red beans and Mushrooms as well for some nutrients. Not bad, but in my defense I ran out of greek yogurt lol! Hard to make healthy pasta without it!

So I may put that turkey ham thing in the crockpot for tonight, but first I must face the evil dentist this morning (on my day off GR!)
Old 01-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #14  
is super awesome.

My DH doesnt get home till after me too, and I make dinner before he gets home. Could you do that, have it almost ready and then turn it off, and then do the workouts together and then after finish up, shower and have some spare time with thim after?

Or at least have everything ready to be chopped up and good to go, and then just actually prepare/cook it when you guys finish working out. That should save some time!

And I have a dentist appt on 2/10, on my day off, lol... Sad.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #15  

Yeah I need to really plan out the meals ahead of time! I always wonder what to make and I like to ask him, but I guess I will have to dictate supper! lol