Old 01-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #1  
Roller Derby Diva

S/C/G: 234/221/180

Height: 5'7"

Angry So frustrating!! (just venting)

I am just venting here, hope you don't mind.

Ok, so I've been on the program (beige menu) for 3 weeks (tomorrow) - the first two weeks I was down 9.5lbs (whoo hoo!) then last Friday I went to weigh in, hoping I had hit that last .5lb so I could sign the board, and discovered I had gone UP 2lbs!!!

Now, to be fair, the night before I had a really intense work out for roller derby - and I had upped my cardio work out that week to include 2 miles jogging & 5 miles biking AND I only had 96oz of water instead of my regular 120 - BUT, it is still really frustrating!!! My center told me "your muscles are probably still swollen" and "muscle weighs more than fat" and of course "its probably just water weight" and not to worry about it. It was still really depressing.

Sunday night I took a F&C Blocker & had a margarita to drown my sorrows - but then i skated it off later that night lol.

SO, i went yesterday (Monday) for my weigh in and I'm down .5lb - bringing my total to 8lbs. They did the clapper and were all happy about my loss - but to me, i'm still UP 1.5lbs. ugh.

i'm just SO frustrated!

*end rant*
Breasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #2  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Could TOM be coming for a visit as well? You lost for 2 weeks, right?

That's all I can offer except to add next week should show something, and, lay off the margaritas.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #3  
Roller Derby Diva

lol - it was ONE margarita! but I promise there won't be anymore anytime soon lol.

As for TOM - nope, he doesn't come around anymore... menopause basically took care of that at 26.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #4  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Menopause at 26? I won't ask. I'm 52 and going through it now.

As to Margarita....she can be an evil one.....lol I am not a drinker, currently, due to some medical issues but I do love a Margarita and a Bloody Mary if I was choosing.... I hope it all works out for you. Possibly your body is just readjusting to the losses and also as you wrote retaining water in your muscles. What I do know is that.......stick to your plan and the magic will happen. Tight hugs.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/197/165

Height: 5'6"

just think .... you have lost over 2.5# a week for the time that you have been on the program...what diets have you done in the past that your average weight loss is that? some weeks will be high, others low but in the end, it should be a good maintainable weight loss -- my sister told me something the other day about getting discouraged -- it will take me longer to get the pounds off than it ever took to put them there in the first place -- just to be patient, folllow what is best for me, and make it a life changer, not just a weight changer.
The scales can be a dangerous thing but they are just another tool to use along the way to get you to your goal.
So, keep up all the hard work you are investing in yourself, enjoy your exercise and skating, and the pounds will melt off your body.
fatburningmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #6  

Hang in there. The ups and downs are normal, especially if you are having some exercise (yes, your body hold more fluid in the muscles when you are doing hard exercise like roller derby...that is so awesome that you do that!) It will help you maintain muscle in the long term. I know I have weeks when I see small gains or plateaus, then other weeks when I lose 4...so be ready to be in it for the long haul. I've kept that mindset of looking at trends over time and I've been successful...(although it does just frustrate you!)
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I know how you feel... I maintain or gain after workouts also! It also seems to do with how much water I drink during the Zumba and such...

On another note, roller derby sounds FUN! But... alas I cannot skate... my mom made me give it up when I broke my wrist in 3rd grade! I wonder how easy it is to learn in your 30s?
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #8  
Roller Derby Diva

thanks for all of your support guys! I weighed in today and have lost 5lbs since last Thursday! Holy CRAP! Bringing my total to 13lbs down!

And you're right, @futburningmoma - it is just another tool

@rachels77 - it is TOTALLY doable! When I decided I wanted to play derby, i hadn't been on skates since I was about 11 or 12. the actual skating part comes back to you pretty easy, and they teach you everything else. start going to open skates at your local roller rink & you'll get the hang of it - then find a derby team in your area and kick some butt! Its a **** of a workout and tons of fun!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Thanks!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/197/165

Height: 5'6"

congratulations on the awesome job!
fatburningmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #11  
Roller Derby Diva