View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
JayEll
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Oh, plenty of people regain weight--on Medifast, and on any other weight loss program--if they do not follow the transition and maintenance plan.

The person who first got me interested in Medifast lost 60 pounds. I saw him once a week at a meeting, and every week he was noticeably lighter. To celebrate the end of his weight loss, he and his partner went on a cruise. He tossed the Medifast maintenance principles right off on the shore when he left. Unfortunately, he has been unable to find them again since. I am now watching him get noticeably heavier every week. As someone who has lost and regained in the past (using a different program), I know how he must feel.

Most people who lose weight, regardless of program, regain at least part of it. This is the maddening thing about weight loss. You can't go back to how you used to eat, because that's how you got fat in the first place. One's attitude, approach, habits, and use of food has to change to maintain a weight loss. That is often harder than the losing part.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 01-25-2012 at 07:30 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote