Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #1  

Default New member - trying to lose a lot

Hello mens group. I stumbled upon the 3FC website doing a search on various weight loss diets. I was surprised and happy to find a mens forum. Hopefully no whiners here, or use of annoying animated emoticons. Sorry, but I had all that I can take of that stuff at lowcarbfriends.
I have been overweight all my life and have been on one diet or another practically all my life also. Every type I can think of. Recently, I tried several versions of intermittent fasting, I tried the "Juddd" and Fast-5 plans. But I just couldn't handle the hunger. I have done many many versions of low carb also. But in the end, even after months, my craving for something carby just overwhelms me. Now I am going to just count calories and "cycle " where I eat 1200 one day and alternate with 1800 the next day. Back and forth. It is supposed to keep the body from adapting and thus prevents stalls. And the calorie level isn't too low to starve me.
Looking forward to reading everyone's posts for some good motivation and inspiration. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by LeonC; 01-25-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #2  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

Hey Leon, I'm new here too and will start my diet sometime next week. I'm starting on a diet called New Lifestyle Diet, which is the same products as a diet called Wonderslim. It's a high protein meal replacement diet using shakes, bars, snacks, and one self prepared meal a day called the "lean and green" meal. There is a lot of positive reviews around the net with people losing large amounts of weight on this diet. I look at it as a much better version of slim-fast type of diet.

The difference in Wonderslim and New Lifestyle is simply the plan itself. Wonderslim plan is a 1500-1700 calorie a day plan, while New Lifestyle is a 1200 calorie a day plan. I am going to try the New Lifestyle plan first and see how I feel, if the calories are too low I will switch to Wonderslim plan. Both use the same products, just a different brand name with the same supplier. Wonderslim is some cheaper than New Lifestyle, I didn't know this at first, so my first order is coming from New Lifestyle. Shipping is also faster from Wonderslim for me because they are located in the South.

I do suppose the secret is to stay consistent......... as with any diet.... or anything in life for that matter.

This forum has quite a few people currently doing Wonderslim, so thats why I joined here. Mostly ladies, but losing weight and struggling isn't something gender specific.

Whatever you choose, keep us updated. Choose a plan that is right for you, something you feel you can do longterm. I do know if it is too restrictive, I'll end up dropping in in two weeks. Good luck and do lots of research!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

Don't worry too much about the "LOT" you want to lose.

Break it down into manageable smaller goals. Get the first pound off, then the first five, the first ten. Then tell yourself you can repeat that process. You know you can repeat it, because you just proved it's possible.

Dieting involves patience, planning, practice, and a little bit of "mind games". But it *IS* methodical, and there is a path to success if you keep working towards it.

Last edited by darway; 01-25-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Closed Thread