Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #1  

Smile Get Movin!

There are several threads, but most have started some time ago. I would like to start a new thread for those that maybe fell off in January or perhaps are just starting out. It would be nice to have company on this journey.

I workout at home and have lots of videos and exercise equipment. For me my focus is to do at least 30 minutes of continuous movement five days out of the week. I am also going to focus on stretch and yoga workouts.

This is a work in progress for me. I would love others to join and encourage each other.

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 01-24-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: .
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #2  

Height: 5ft 4in

I'm there! I totally fell off last summer and am now trying to get back on track. My goal is P90 strength training DVD 2-3 days a week and elliptical 30 minutes 2-3 times a week. Good luck. How often are you ping to check in? U will try and check in daily if your up for it.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #3  

Adaem, I'm so glad to see your post! Yes, I will be checking in everyday. I find that keeps me motivated and interested.

Off to stretch!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #4  

Wow...why can't I remember how good I feel when I move my body? It's 6:30am in my neck of the woods and I did my am workout. Today was a Leslie walk for 2 miles and then a 10-minute stretch from turbo fire.

day 2 of my 5 day goal done!

Off to get ready for work. Have a great day!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 01-25-2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: add
Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #5  

Today is my day off of exersize because Wed are very busy for me. Tomorrow is eliptical and maybe weights. I am also coming down with yet another head cold but I will not let this derail me. My eating has been very good today. I have had fruit with every meal and have watched my portions.

Good job working out this morning! It is amazing and how easily we forget how good it feels to work our muscles. Have a good evening. See you tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #6  
SanityNow

Hi! I'd like to join in. I've been lazy lately, but as I drop more weight and eat better, I feel more like moving . I wrote in another post how I dislike my gym, but I'm heading there today.
Have a healthy day everyone, You are worth it !

Last edited by SanityNow; 01-26-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #7  

Welcome SanityNow! I'm glad you joined us. The more, the merrier. I hope its not too dreadful for you at the gym. By the way, why do you hate the gym?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone. Glad to see we have a new one! Your right, the more the merrier. I am so looking forward to working out tonight after work. My MIL is coming up today for the weekend and I am hoping she will be late so that I have time before she gets here. Otherwise I will have to midify a bit. I am feeling great about what I have eaten today and what I have planned for the rest of the day. Planning is definately my friend in this game! Have a good day and I will let you know later how my workout gose.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #9  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I'd like to join in on the thread if you guys don't mind. =)

I'm working on getting into exercise again after some health issues caused me to set it aside for a while. My goal right now is about 20 minutes four days a week as I ease my body into it, and hopefully before long I'll have my hour long step aerobic workouts back.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #10  
SanityNow

Hi! Thanks for the welcome. PhillyGirl, I think the real reason I don't like the gym is (1) I've been there, done that with great results, and then lost the results and (2) now it's too much travel. My best time was the job before last. Gym on the property. I got in early, did my thing, showered etc and headed for my office. That was the Best gym time. So maybe, after all, it's location not lazyness (?)

I'm really enjoying reading the posts on all of these threads. There is a lot of inspiration out here. BUT I'm the type who can spend the whole day on the computer....so I'll check in Sunday night with my report for the week. Have a good one !

Last edited by SanityNow; 01-26-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #11  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post
Wow...why can't I remember how good I feel when I move my body? It's 6:30am in my neck of the woods and I did my am workout. Today was a Leslie walk for 2 miles and then a 10-minute stretch from turbo fire.

day 2 of my 5 day goal done!

Off to get ready for work. Have a great day!
This!!! Regardless of whether I lose weight via exercise or not . . . I so like how it makes me feel . . how it makes my body feel. I stopped looking at exercise as 'a chore' a long time ago and truly do enjoy it and really do think of it as just a part of my day, like brushing my teeth or washing my hair. I'm also appreciative of the fact that I can move and someday I may not be able to ... so I'm taking advantage of it while the getting is good!
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #12  

TheBunneh, welcome to the thread! I'm so glad you found us and now we are 4 strong. That 20 minutes will do your body good. Recovery is not easy just remember to listen to your body.

SanityNow, I do think convenience plays a huge part in it. Although I have equipment in house and you can't get anymore convenient then that. I agree that there's a lot to read on here, but the frequency keeps me interested.

Adaem, I need to take a page from your plan with planning meals. I haven't gotten there yet. When I did it before I became so obsessed which was the beginning spiral to letting everything fall apart. Enjoy your time with your mil.

LooseSeal, thanks for the inspirational words. I'm not there at the truly enjoying it stage, but hopefully I will in time.

I have an observation...I was looking at snacks on a website and came across salt and vinegar almonds. Does this gross anyone else out? I'm thinking why the marketing for this company found this combination to be beneficial to a perfectly healthy nut. We get such mixed messages. On one hand we are supposed to eliminate or reduce processed foods, but companies keep altering natural products or coming up with crazy combinations. Crazy!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 01-26-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #13  

Very good start to my morning! MIL got in earlier than expected yesterday so I did not get my workout done last night. But when we went out to eat I only ate half of my meal. May not sound like a big deal but it is for me. I LOVE to eat. Then this morning got my workout done right away and was able to cut 50 calories from my breakfast without feeling like I lost anything. Off to a good start. Hope you all are doing good this morning.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #14  

I woke up with such a headache this morning. Also, I know I didn't get as much sleep as I should have. I'm going to switch things around a bit. Normally I food shop on Friday evening, but I can't go two days without exercise. This is how my spiral into the wrong direction starts for me. So that is what I will do, workout tonight and tomorrow morning and then go food shopping. Sounds like a plan!

Adaem, good going on eating less while at a restaurant. I truly know how that feels. When I go to a restaurant I feel like I'm on vacation and there are no rules. Oh and I must have dessert. I'm working to turn that mindset around.

TheBunneh and SanityNow I hope you are doing well.

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 01-27-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #15  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I think I overdid it a little with my workout on Wednesday. I let myself exercise for about an hour because I was doing mostly very light things, but I'm definitely feeling the recovery...

I'm going to workout on the stationary bike today, but this time I really will stop at 20 minutes. I might leave it at three days this week though.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote